Vote: Bringing Back Site Reputations

Post any issues or requests with the site here.

Bringing Back Reputations

Yes
38%
No
62%

Total votes: 50

Born tiger
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Vote: Bringing Back Site Reputations

Unread post by Born tiger » Tue 02 Aug, 2016 10:29 pm

Few people have had a bit of a say

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 11:47 am

maybe there was collusion in trading points, like rubbing each other's back to pile them up. After reading about Eddie Hayson nothing surprises me
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 108 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 12:44 pm

No.. it slows the site down

NT Tiger
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 12:50 pm

Voted No, but not really fussed either way.
"Quality Stupidity"

underdog
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by underdog » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 1:08 pm

I miss getting interwebz points...

But seriously - here in lies the problem with some posters - they wont say how they truly feel.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 1:33 pm

I don't care however if it affects the site's performance we shouldn't bother with it.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 24 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 1:36 pm

If rep points where the main reason for slowing the server down then we shouldnt have them.I voted no

Byron Bay Fan
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 1:54 pm

innsaneink wrote:No.. it slows the site down
exactly the same as your views on RF - had to smuggle him in here somehow. Thousands of rep points have been scored in one year of Robbie's to and fro
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 2:33 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:maybe there was collusion in trading points, like rubbing each other's back to pile them up. After reading about Eddie Hayson nothing surprises me
On the cones early today mate?
Cause there's no time for fussing or fighting my friend, but baby I'm amazed at the hate that you can send;
And you... Painted my entire world, and I don't have the turpentine to clean what you have soiled, and I won't forget it.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Kul
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Kul » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 2:41 pm

It was disabled because it slows down the site.
I've logged a ticket with developer, if they can optimise the system then i'll bring it back

tigerap
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 35 times

Unread post by tigerap » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 2:51 pm

Kul wrote:It was disabled because it slows down the site.
I've logged a ticket with developer, if they can optimise the system then i'll bring it back
Good enough reason why it should stay disabled?....I think given the choice of a faster site or rep points, most would opt for the faster site - especially on game day!

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 3:07 pm

tigerap wrote:
Kul wrote:It was disabled because it slows down the site.
Good enough reason why it should stay disabled?....I think given the choice of a faster site or rep points, most would opt for the faster site - especially on game day!
I completely agree. I'm cool with bringing it back if the site performs well.

Yossarian
Been liked: 85 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 4:00 pm

I'm of mixed opinion on this. I did like that you could show support/approval for a post without having to reply to the thread but I disliked the negative rating part where people disliked the viewpoint rather than it being a Von Miller stinker. Also people would get positive ratings for typing a team list or a score! So I'm not fussed if it doesn't come back nor would I be upset if it did.

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 4:43 pm

I'm not fussed on it, but feel it has relevance if used in Rugby League Forums, more specifically threads on WT.

Giving people rep points in Tipping or Soccer chatter threads is ridiculous.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 6:57 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:I'm not fussed on it, but feel it has relevance if used in Rugby League Forums, more specifically threads on WT.

WOW!!! does it really upset you when people get positive Rep Points in Comps ? I suppose it's a way of people saying thanks for the time and effort your putting into the Comps , not many know just how time consuming it is .
But i take your opinion on board .

Personally i'm not bothered by it and don't miss it....it's not like it's a Popularity contest anyway .

If it improves the Sites speed then there's no reason to bring it back , also people are throwing there opinions about more with no fear of being Neg repped .

Either way not bothered if it comes back or not.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Sabre » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 7:01 pm

I think it would be good to have a thumbs up type thing similar to facebook that doesn't go towards any sort of reputation points tally. Just the ability to give a thumbs up to individual posts, but no rep points. That's the way to go imo.

Nelson
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 45 times

Unread post by Nelson » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 7:22 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:I'm not fussed on it, but feel it has relevance if used in Rugby League Forums, more specifically threads on WT.

WOW!!! does it really upset you when people get positive Rep Points in Comps ? I suppose it's a way of people saying thanks for the time and effort your putting into the Comps , not many know just how time consuming it is .
But i take your opinion on board .

Personally i'm not bothered by it and don't miss it....it's not like it's a Popularity contest anyway .

If it improves the Sites speed then there's no reason to bring it back , also people are throwing there opinions about more with no fear of being Neg repped .

Either way not bothered if it comes back or not.
Come on FT we know you're secretly sad because you were winning at the internet ;)

Swordy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 39 times

Unread post by Swordy » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 7:22 pm

Not sure its needed anyway. After a while you sort out the blow ins and the knobs from the genuine posters who have something legit to say. I usually brush past the usuals and read the well thought out opinions of others. Same as life, I don't listen to idiots that aren't contributing to a healthy discussion so I wouldn't do it here. Rep points don't help me identify them.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Return to “Site Issues and Feedback”