You have made this forum a sadder place

Post any issues or requests with the site here.
TYGA
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: You have made this forum a sadder place

Unread post by TYGA » Sun 11 Sep, 2016 11:42 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
TYGA wrote:Pardon my ignorance but who are moderators?
Tommy Tomato is one, also Blocker and Siro is the third .
Nice. They have every right to make sure no one gets sued I suppose.How much worse than the JT vs Farah stuff could be posted is the question.

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Mon 12 Sep, 2016 5:28 am

Geo, Willow and the rest of the Mods need to be Congratulated with how swiftly they acted.
Absolute brilliant well done.

As much as I appreciate some info tiger torch shares on here, I believe that some Confidentiality rules are being broken with some players numeration being shared.
If tiger Torch does work within our Club it paints us as a very unprofessional Club with the detailed info shared, no doubt our Club reads this Forum and it would be in there best interest to do so.

Not having a go at you tiger Torch but you left no other option to the Mods than to take such action.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 108 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 12 Sep, 2016 5:41 am

Why did Geo say Torch deleted the thread, when Geo deleted it himself?

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Mon 12 Sep, 2016 6:24 am

innsaneink wrote:Why did Geo say Torch deleted the thread, when Geo deleted it himself?
alziemers - the ol silverback is getting on in years
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 197 times

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 12 Sep, 2016 8:42 am

Tiger Watto wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Why did Geo say Torch deleted the thread, when Geo deleted it himself?
alziemers - the ol silverback is getting on in years
Not quite the 1st post was banter with another user..I then stated several times I deleted the thread and the reasons for it...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Mon 12 Sep, 2016 9:02 am

Tough job being moderator. Not having been here for long it is hard tell a moderator from regular posters. IMO moderators should refrain from the banter cause this is what happens it blurs the lines and creates problems. If a moderator comments about an individuals post regardless of the response it can be construed as either favouritism or the reverse depending on the response or the reader.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 12 Sep, 2016 9:06 am

as I have not whinged about the moderating and being a good boy recently, and as the sin bin has become crowded with GST and Gnr4 can I humbly petition for a Get Out OF Jail Pass?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Kavi

Unread post by Kavi » Mon 12 Sep, 2016 9:18 am

Im sure i just posted saying " Banter... " whats wrong with that

Yossarian
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 85 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Mon 12 Sep, 2016 9:48 am

TYGA wrote:Pardon my ignorance but who are moderators?
If you click on The Team from the drop-down list at the top you can view a list of mods

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 12 Sep, 2016 10:03 am

I think it should be appreciated that when a complaint is made it needs to be investigated upon and actioned as quickly as possible.
Cause there's no time for fussing or fighting my friend, but baby I'm amazed at the hate that you can send;
And you... Painted my entire world, and I don't have the turpentine to clean what you have soiled, and I won't forget it.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Sco77y
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Sco77y » Mon 12 Sep, 2016 10:51 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:My opinion is what Torch posted obviously cut close to the bone for the club if infact they do lurk. I did see the post, and he seemed to go into a lot deeper depth on a variety of subjects than usual. Could be a big indication that what he said was on the mark if true.
That's exactly what I thought. Couldn't be long before we hear something related in the media surely.

Nelson
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 45 times

Unread post by Nelson » Mon 12 Sep, 2016 11:38 am

If I was running a site I would want moderators minimising my exposure to legal action too.

Tigersmurf
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Tigersmurf » Mon 12 Sep, 2016 1:20 pm

I wish I hadn't read this thread, because now I am busting a gut to find out what TT said!

Can we at least get an abbreviated summary? Was it all negative or innuendo?

Was it a Grand Finale and if so does that mean he was Kidwell?

cktiger
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by cktiger » Mon 12 Sep, 2016 1:26 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:I wish I hadn't read this thread, because now I am busting a gut to find out what TT said!

Can we at least get an abbreviated summary? Was it all negative or innuendo?

Was it a Grand Finale and if so does that mean he was Kidwell?
Same boat as you Tigersmurf.
I understand the mods have to sometimes take precautions for legal reasons but I wish someone had copied and pasted the original so they could PM me!

barra
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by barra » Mon 12 Sep, 2016 1:37 pm

I didn't see the thread or any of the posts, and as juicy as they sound I am prepared to back the mod's on their actions, judging by how the site has been run over the years.

No problem with it here.

Basil Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Basil Tiger » Mon 12 Sep, 2016 1:48 pm

Mccarry wrote:I hope a few on here can cool their jets. This forum has demonstrated that it is a tolerant and open place for people to share their views and info. The past actions of the mods show this deletion is not a systemic issue.

Willow / Geo, quick request. Would it be okay if you PM TT to ensure he knows we still want his posts and that he has clarity on specifically where he overstepped.

His posts have significantly reduced my frustrations with our club. He has cleared up so much miss reporting and has brought context to club decisions. I know the club doesn't owe its members this context, however so far TT has increased my engagement with the WT's
Good post,agree 100%,i get little snippets of Info. from time to time from the Balmain side of things but they're usually of a minor nature where an Official or Player is having a whinge/grizzle,TT seems to be getting current inside Info. so i hope he/she continues to post.
Greetings All,from far Northern NSW.

4jtigers
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by 4jtigers » Mon 29 May, 2017 4:37 pm

I had my post deleted on the Tui Lolohea thread. I don't mind if it is. I just want to know why it was deleted. If I erred please let me know so I don't make the same mistakes again. Thank you.
A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from a simple system that worked. A complex system designed from scratch never works and cannot be patched up to make it work. You have to start over with a working simple system. – John Gall

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 197 times

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 29 May, 2017 4:54 pm

4jtigers wrote:
Mon 29 May, 2017 4:37 pm
I had my post deleted on the Tui Lolohea thread. I don't mind if it is. I just want to know why it was deleted. If I erred please let me know so I don't make the same mistakes again. Thank you.
Nothing to do with your post..It was quoting a reported post which was deleted as were other following posts...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Return to “Site Issues and Feedback”