You have made this forum a sadder place

Post any issues or requests with the site here.
wmlmaster

Re: You have made this forum a sadder place

Unread post by wmlmaster » Sun 11 Sep, 2016 10:11 am

jirskyr wrote:Oh, also - the reason so many subsequent threads were closed is because members were discussing the details of TT's post again. So it isn't the complaints being shut down, it's the re-distribution of the personal info in those threads that causes the mods to close them.

I get it, like a virus, I suppose we have to share via PM if people are desperate enough.

Like I said, I only read TT's second post and Harvey's summary, I never even saw the original.
Hey TT, if the mod's haven't scared you of by their insults and to make things worse they provide lame excuses for shutting down thread's that question the mod's and state that it is a "thankless job" (no one put a gun to your heads and asked you to be a mod)

The mod's could have deleted the comments that were in breach and explained why and showed us members some respect instead of being on a power trip, as there will be no forum without us (the members)

I didn't know this was the poor man's "NRL"

Could you please PM me your post or a summary that's if I haven't been censored and removed as a member from this forum for saying things that most members I believe are thinking.

It's the principle now

marzie
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by marzie » Sun 11 Sep, 2016 10:18 am

wmlmaster wrote:
jirskyr wrote:Oh, also - the reason so many subsequent threads were closed is because members were discussing the details of TT's post again. So it isn't the complaints being shut down, it's the re-distribution of the personal info in those threads that causes the mods to close them.

I get it, like a virus, I suppose we have to share via PM if people are desperate enough.

Like I said, I only read TT's second post and Harvey's summary, I never even saw the original.
Hey TT, if the mod's haven't scared you of by their insults and to make things worse they provide lame excuses for shutting down thread's that question the mod's and state that it is a "thankless job" (no one put a gun to your heads and asked you to be a mod)

The mod's could have deleted the comments that were in breach and explained why and showed us members some respect instead of being on a power trip, as there will be no forum without us (the members)

Could you please PM me your post or a summary that's if I haven't been censored and removed as a member from this forum for saying things that most members I believe are thinking.

It's the principle now
X2 could you please PM me as well TigerTorch? Always look forward to your updates and check daily to see if you have posted a new thread. Spewing that I have missed this one

willow
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by willow » Sun 11 Sep, 2016 10:21 am

There is no power trip involved. I did not see TT's original message, I have been briefed on it though by the other moderators. A complaint was received in relation to the post, which Geo responded to by deleting the thread as a result. All I can say is that the complaint was formal in nature, and not by a regular poster on here. We have verified the identity of the complainant (which I will not disclose) and I, along with the other moderators are comfortable with the action Geo took.

willow
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by willow » Sun 11 Sep, 2016 10:23 am

wmlmaster wrote:

It's the principle now
I can tell you right now if you push this issue, you will be removed from the forum.

Yossarian
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Sun 11 Sep, 2016 10:23 am

If the original post contained rumours of a personal nature concerning a player I can understand the concern of the mods. But all of this angst could easily be solved by an explanation from the mods themselves. I've usually backed their judgement but without knowing what they've judged or how they've done so it's impossible for me to form an opinion here. I've even suggested in the past that the wider forum be advised when members have been punted and the reason for doing so. Not War and Peace just a line or two.

Yossarian

Unread post by Yossarian » Sun 11 Sep, 2016 10:26 am

willow wrote:There is no power trip involved. I did not see TT's original message, I have been briefed on it though by the other moderators. A complaint was received in relation to the post, which Geo responded to by deleting the thread as a result. All I can say is that the complaint was formal in nature, and not by a regular poster on here. We have verified the identity of the complainant (which I will not disclose) and I, along with the other moderators are comfortable with the action Geo took.
Thanks Willow. Your timing is impeccable - I'd just posted a request for a mod explanation! Personally that seems like a reasonable course of action.

wmlmaster

Unread post by wmlmaster » Sun 11 Sep, 2016 10:32 am

willow wrote:
wmlmaster wrote:

It's the principle now
I can tell you right now if you push this issue, you will be removed from the forum.
Your threats don't concern me as I have a life greater than this forum........you can close my account if you choose to, I just feel sorry for the poor censored members who think they are in a forum whereby they can freely say what they feel.

You are "amazing" as I was about to congratulate you on finally giving us (members) the respect and explaining why these events occurred but no you had to say something stupid to show your meaningless authority.
Last edited by wmlmaster on Sun 11 Sep, 2016 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

marzie
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by marzie » Sun 11 Sep, 2016 10:34 am

Thanks for clearing it up Willow

I take back my power trip comment

Yossarian

Unread post by Yossarian » Sun 11 Sep, 2016 10:43 am

wmlmaster wrote:
willow wrote:
wmlmaster wrote:

It's the principle now
Your threats don't concern me as I have a life greater than this forum........you can close my account if you choose to, I just feel sorry for the poor censored members who think they are in a forum whereby they can freely say what they feel.

You are "amazing" as I was about to congratulate you on finally giving us (members) the respect and explaining why these events occurred but no you had to say something stupid to show your meaningless authority.
My personal experience is that there is very little censorship beyond swearing and generally offensive. Willow has explained the reason for the original moderation but here you are trying to spread some sort of civil disobedience campaign. If you really care about gossip just PM Tiger Torch or buy Women's Day.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sun 11 Sep, 2016 10:43 am

wmlmaster wrote:
willow wrote:
wmlmaster wrote:

It's the principle now
Your threats don't concern me as I have a life greater than this forum........you can close my account I just feel sorry for the poor censored members who think they are in a forum whereby they can freely say what they feel.

Well I was away for a couple of days and look all hell breaks,in fairness to the mods,they do have a job to do,part of that job I would say that none of us should let personal issues that we know about concerning players etc be devulged on a public forum...Torch may have mentioned something along these lines and Geo has acted on it..
We must keep to the rules and guidelines,its plain and simple,if we didn't have our mods,could you imagine the garbage that would be spewing out on here,it would not be a cool place to visit....and yes I have been warned and have had posts deleted so I'm not taking sides,just being fair in my comments to all...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

wmlmaster

Unread post by wmlmaster » Sun 11 Sep, 2016 10:55 am

Yossarian wrote:
wmlmaster wrote:
willow wrote:
wmlmaster wrote:

It's the principle now

My personal experience is that there is very little censorship beyond swearing and generally offensive. Willow has explained the reason for the original moderation but here you are trying to spread some sort of civil disobedience campaign. If you really care about gossip just PM Tiger Torch or buy Women's Day.
Thank you for your opinion Yossarian

I thought the same until the unexplained censorship of thread closing and than general threat of removal from the forum if mod's are questioned
Last edited by wmlmaster on Sun 11 Sep, 2016 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steve-o
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by steve-o » Sun 11 Sep, 2016 11:48 am

willow wrote:There is no power trip involved. I did not see TT's original message, I have been briefed on it though by the other moderators. A complaint was received in relation to the post, which Geo responded to by deleting the thread as a result. All I can say is that the complaint was formal in nature, and not by a regular poster on here. We have verified the identity of the complainant (which I will not disclose) and I, along with the other moderators are comfortable with the action Geo took.
Thanks for the explanation Willow. I guess this is further proof that players and staff of Wests Tigers do indeed read this forum
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

NT Tiger
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Sun 11 Sep, 2016 12:33 pm

Far from having a go at our moderators i think we should be thanking them for maintaining the forum as a place where most can post whats on their minds in a civil backdrop. For one, I would be happy to see one of my posts deleted if I overstepped the line in terms of privacy or legally with something slanderous.
On more than one occasion, with a few under my belt, I have typed something in the heat of the moment and then either not submitted it or deleted it after further consideration. Its good to know there is a further fail safe.
"Quality Stupidity"

tiger05premier
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 16 times

Unread post by tiger05premier » Sun 11 Sep, 2016 12:46 pm

NT Tiger wrote:Far from having a go at our moderators i think we should be thanking them for maintaining the forum as a place where most can post whats on their minds in a civil backdrop. For one, I would be happy to see one of my posts deleted if I overstepped the line in terms of privacy or legally with something slanderous.
On more than one occasion, with a few under my belt, I have typed something in the heat of the moment and then either not submitted it or deleted it after further consideration. Its good to know there is a further fail safe.
X2

Kavi

Unread post by Kavi » Sun 11 Sep, 2016 12:47 pm

My main problem with it is the fact that at first the mods said they didnt delete the post and that TT must have self deleted it, then it is said that it was deleted by a mod...

tigerap
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 36 times

Unread post by tigerap » Sun 11 Sep, 2016 1:32 pm

not by a regular poster on here.

Pandering to the minority...At least we have something new to gripe about over the summer siesta...

Snake
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 36 times

Unread post by Snake » Sun 11 Sep, 2016 1:59 pm

Seems to be a lot made of nothing IMO ,well done Mods keeping this site a place to come with a bit of servility.

Mccarry
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by Mccarry » Sun 11 Sep, 2016 2:05 pm

I hope a few on here can cool their jets. This forum has demonstrated that it is a tolerant and open place for people to share their views and info. The past actions of the mods show this deletion is not a systemic issue.

Willow / Geo, quick request. Would it be okay if you PM TT to ensure he knows we still want his posts and that he has clarity on specifically where he overstepped.

His posts have significantly reduced my frustrations with our club. He has cleared up so much miss reporting and has brought context to club decisions. I know the club doesn't owe its members this context, however so far TT has increased my engagement with the WT's

Return to “Site Issues and Feedback”