2017 forum appeal

Post any issues or requests with the site here.
jirskyr
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 87 times

2017 forum appeal

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 24 Oct, 2016 1:37 pm

Hi everyone,

Just want to check: the "2017 forum appeal" popped up for me for the first time today. I am absolutely happy to contribute but I did want to be that guy who stopped for a second and went "wait, is this legit?"

Can someone kindly (and briefly) advise where the money goes, who holds it, how they decide to spend money etc? Once we start being contributing members, I would like some rough kind of governance, not just have someone pile up a bit of money and then be subject to their integrity.

I trust this site insofar as I can trust anyone I've never really met or spoken to in real life.

I couldn't find a topic about this anywhere.

Thanks

Kul
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Kul » Mon 24 Oct, 2016 2:04 pm

Sure.

Yes, it's legit. We've run this a couple of times before.
There are some details on the link, but to answer your questions directly...

- Money goes into and stays in a Paypal account.
- The money is then used to pay hosting bills, backup services, etc.

Any funds raised are pooled with adverting income and used to offset the running and maintenance costs, which always exceed any amount available, therefore the balance has to come out of my back pocket.

There is no governance structure in place. I'm happy to discuss something, but in the scheme of things I've always been of the opinion that something like that would require significant effort for what is otherwise an insignificant amount.

This appeal is a simple way that people can contribute if they wish.

jirskyr
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 87 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 24 Oct, 2016 2:27 pm

Kul wrote: There is no governance structure in place. I'm happy to discuss something, but in the scheme of things I've always been of the opinion that something like that would require significant effort for what is otherwise an insignificant amount.
Oh I don't mean anything so drastic as an actual constitution, membership, meeting minutes etc.

Basically I wanted to know who held the money and if anyone cross-checked its use. I am sure it goes without saying, even a reputable forum member, without any checks, can deceive the level of funding and pocket any difference (or the whole lot). $50 from 200 members (10%) adds up pretty quickly.

I've been on here a long time but I didn't know, for example, that you Kul had to fork out money to cover running costs. I actually don't know who ultimately foots the bill and it's not because I am ignorant, just because I've never seen it formally come up.

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Mon 24 Oct, 2016 3:45 pm

is there another way to contribute. Sorry i don't use my CC online. Can i send a MO or do a bank transfer?
Last edited by Tiger Come Lately on Mon 24 Oct, 2016 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spartan117
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Spartan117 » Mon 24 Oct, 2016 3:48 pm

I'm certainly happy to contribute, This place is a daily must for me.

Spartan117
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Spartan117 » Mon 24 Oct, 2016 3:50 pm

Cmon Guys,

$10 is less than 3 coffees a year.

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Mon 24 Oct, 2016 7:28 pm

Spartan117 wrote:Cmon Guys,

I tried to do it last week but when i put my credit card details in it said you have an Account with Paypal and to do it through there, but the problem is i haven't used Paypal in about 5 years.
Then you Login to Paypal and it says will send you a code but it doesn't let you update the Mobile number as the number they have at the moment was my old mobile number 6 years ago :x .
All those Emails on years gone by to update my Profile with Paypal and i always used to delete them without opening them :lol: .

Geo help!!!!
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 197 times

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 24 Oct, 2016 7:41 pm

foreveratiger wrote:

I tried to do it last week but when i put my credit card details in it said you have an Account with Paypal and to do it through there, but the problem is i haven't used Paypal in about 5 years.
Then you Login to Paypal and it says will send you a code but it doesn't let you update the Mobile number as the number they have at the moment was my old mobile number 6 years ago :x .
All those Emails on years gone by to update my Profile with Paypal and i always used to delete them without opening them :lol: .

Geo help!!!!
Same thing happened to me FT when I tried to use the CC..hadn't used paypal for ages... but I fluked the password then it took the CC payment :shock: ...:lol: ...

Only thing I can suggest is create another paypal account or if you know the email you used to set up the original one and it still exists click forgotten password..it should send the code to the email address then you can reset the passwood.. :?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Mon 24 Oct, 2016 7:58 pm

Geo. wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:

Geo help!!!!
Same thing happened to me FT when I tried to use the CC..hadn't used paypal for ages... but I fluked the password then it took the CC payment :shock: ...:lol: ...

Only thing I can suggest is create another paypal account or if you know the email you used to set up the original one and it still exists click forgotten password..it should send the code to the email address then you can reset the passwood.. :?
It allows me to get in with my Login but then it says it will send me a code to put on my mobile number to verify who i am , but the problem is that it doesn't allow me to change and update my new mobile number.

It's all good i've done it using someone i know that doesn't have a Paypal Account.

I just got a notification from the Wests Tigers Forum saying it has received my payment and checked my bank Account and it's gone through .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

MightyMaggy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by MightyMaggy » Mon 24 Oct, 2016 8:13 pm

I have donated in the past, but I have not seen any details on how to donate. Please, would someone post the necessary details.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 197 times

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 24 Oct, 2016 8:21 pm

MightyMaggy wrote:I have donated in the past, but I have not seen any details on how to donate. Please, would someone post the necessary details.
At the top of the index page you should see a banner 2017 forum appeal... like an add ...click on that and it takes you to the donations page...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by Masterton » Mon 24 Oct, 2016 8:46 pm

foreveratiger wrote:

Geo help!!!!
same thing happened to me. I just donated via the missus.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 40 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Mon 24 Oct, 2016 9:09 pm

Kul wrote:Sure.

Yes, it's legit. We've run this a couple of times before.
There are some details on the link, but to answer your questions directly...

- Money goes into and stays in a Paypal account.
- The money is then used to pay hosting bills, backup services, etc.

Any funds raised are pooled with adverting income and used to offset the running and maintenance costs, which always exceed any amount available, therefore the balance has to come out of my back pocket.

There is no governance structure in place. I'm happy to discuss something, but in the scheme of things I've always been of the opinion that something like that would require significant effort for what is otherwise an insignificant amount.

This appeal is a simple way that people can contribute if they wish.
Hey Kul,I will be happy to donate to the forum....I will pay by card in the next few days . cheers mate...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 24 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Mon 24 Oct, 2016 9:34 pm

My credit card got hacked on the weekend when i get a new one i will make a donation.Should only be a week maximum

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 24 Oct, 2016 11:17 pm

I've been burned before as I explained to Kul a few years ago , anyone know whether The Australia Post credit cards will work ??

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 24 Oct, 2016 11:26 pm

Many years ago I brought this up with the CEO of my company and again just recently with our current CEO about why companies couldn't organize a way you could cash in say a days worth of annual leave to donate to whatever funds or charities or unfortunate groups who need help

Reckon a lot more people would be more willing to donate far more money this way ...

Wonder what others think ??

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 24 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Mon 24 Oct, 2016 11:32 pm

happy tiger wrote:I've been burned before as I explained to Kul a few years ago , anyone know whether The Australia Post credit cards will work ??
Aussie post cards are actually decent you put the money on in advance and can use them online you are only liable for the money you have on them(debit card).I work for Aussie Post and it is one of the very few things that has been done ok.It was my main credit card which was hacked with a major bank.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 24 Oct, 2016 11:35 pm

jadtiger wrote:
happy tiger wrote:I've been burned before as I explained to Kul a few years ago , anyone know whether The Australia Post credit cards will work ??
Aussie post cards are actually decent you put the money on in advance and can use them online you are only liable for the money you have on them(debit card).I work for Aussie Post and it is one of the very few things that has been done ok.
We hadn't purchased anything on line for years until last year when we bought the young fellas WT's beans bags for Xmas with the Australia Post card , now we use it regularly

So could it be used for this Jadtiger ??

Return to “Site Issues and Feedback”