The 'thank you' button?

Post any issues or requests with the site here.
User avatar
Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 903
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Second Heaven
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 75 times

The 'thank you' button?

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Sat 08 Jul, 2017 11:40 am

No offence, but it seems a little strange saying 'thank you' to a post that you like or agree with. I've never seen that before. Is there any reason why it couldn't just be a 'like' button the same as Facebook?


User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5091
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Milky » Sat 08 Jul, 2017 11:56 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 08 Jul, 2017 11:40 am
No offence, but it seems a little strange saying 'thank you' to a post that you like or agree with. I've never seen that before. Is there any reason why it couldn't just be a 'like' button the same as Facebook?
Too much competition for likes amongst childish users when used before lol

User avatar
Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 903
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Second Heaven
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Sat 08 Jul, 2017 12:06 pm

Milky wrote:
Sat 08 Jul, 2017 11:56 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 08 Jul, 2017 11:40 am
No offence, but it seems a little strange saying 'thank you' to a post that you like or agree with. I've never seen that before. Is there any reason why it couldn't just be a 'like' button the same as Facebook?
Too much competition for likes amongst childish users when used before lol
Really? What's the difference? That could still happen with the thank you's as well! Btw thank you for your thank you Milky :lol:

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5091
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Milky » Sat 08 Jul, 2017 12:07 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 08 Jul, 2017 12:06 pm
Milky wrote:
Sat 08 Jul, 2017 11:56 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 08 Jul, 2017 11:40 am
No offence, but it seems a little strange saying 'thank you' to a post that you like or agree with. I've never seen that before. Is there any reason why it couldn't just be a 'like' button the same as Facebook?
Too much competition for likes amongst childish users when used before lol
Really? What's the difference? That could still happen with the thank you's as well! Btw thank you for your thank you Milky :lol:
The likes were tallied up and each persons amount would appear under their name. Haha you're welcome bud

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3171
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm
Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sat 08 Jul, 2017 3:27 pm

Milky wrote:
Sat 08 Jul, 2017 12:07 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 08 Jul, 2017 12:06 pm
Milky wrote:
Sat 08 Jul, 2017 11:56 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 08 Jul, 2017 11:40 am
No offence, but it seems a little strange saying 'thank you' to a post that you like or agree with. I've never seen that before. Is there any reason why it couldn't just be a 'like' button the same as Facebook?
Too much competition for likes amongst childish users when used before lol
Really? What's the difference? That could still happen with the thank you's as well! Btw thank you for your thank you Milky :lol:
The likes were tallied up and each persons amount would appear under their name. Haha you're welcome bud
Just as they are again now. I remember a few dramas on here over over this silly issue, so would prefer no tallying as it seemed that's where issues arose.


goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5412
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 08 Jul, 2017 4:24 pm

Milky wrote:
Sat 08 Jul, 2017 12:07 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 08 Jul, 2017 12:06 pm
Milky wrote:
Sat 08 Jul, 2017 11:56 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 08 Jul, 2017 11:40 am
No offence, but it seems a little strange saying 'thank you' to a post that you like or agree with. I've never seen that before. Is there any reason why it couldn't just be a 'like' button the same as Facebook?
Too much competition for likes amongst childish users when used before lol
Really? What's the difference? That could still happen with the thank you's as well! Btw thank you for your thank you Milky :lol:
The likes were tallied up and each persons amount would appear under their name. Haha you're welcome bud
I forgot to thank you too Milky, so Thank You, & Thank you for reminding me to Thank him Spud.
Thanks you very much. :D

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25252
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 249 times
Been liked: 196 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sat 08 Jul, 2017 6:18 pm

Jesus christ just ignore it if such a petty minor issue offends you so much

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 3832
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 49 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 08 Jul, 2017 6:20 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 08 Jul, 2017 6:18 pm
Jesus christ just ignore it if such a petty minor issue offends you so much
did you have to use petty and minor together - it offends
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 903
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Second Heaven
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Sat 08 Jul, 2017 7:47 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 08 Jul, 2017 6:20 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 08 Jul, 2017 6:18 pm
Jesus christ just ignore it if such a petty minor issue offends you so much
did you have to use petty and minor together - it offends
Geez people, please don't get narky about this. I'm not offended about anything and I certainly didn't mean to offend you guys! My OP was just an innocent question because I had never seen a 'thank you' button used anywhere before, I thought it was a bit strange and was wondering why they didn't just make it a 'like' button - that's all. I didn't realise that had been done before until Milky told me. Bloody hell :?

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25252
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 249 times
Been liked: 196 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sat 08 Jul, 2017 8:23 pm

I wasn't referring to you spud...

User avatar
Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 903
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Second Heaven
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Sat 08 Jul, 2017 8:49 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 08 Jul, 2017 8:23 pm
I wasn't referring to you spud...
My apologies ink, I just assumed you were responding to my OP - all good.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sat 08 Jul, 2017 9:05 pm

"I wish to congratulate you good sir for saying something I agree with, please accept my gratitude with this hearty thankyou".

LMAO this is terrific, who came up with this corker of a scheme? I wish to thank them hahahaha....

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25252
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 249 times
Been liked: 196 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sat 08 Jul, 2017 9:31 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 08 Jul, 2017 8:49 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 08 Jul, 2017 8:23 pm
I wasn't referring to you spud...
My apologies ink, I just assumed you were responding to my OP - all good.



Thnx

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5091
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Milky » Sat 08 Jul, 2017 9:34 pm

stryker wrote:
Sat 08 Jul, 2017 9:05 pm
"I wish to congratulate you good sir for saying something I agree with, please accept my gratitude with this hearty thankyou".

LMAO this is terrific, who came up with this corker of a scheme? I wish to thank them hahahaha....

Weren't you leaving?

User avatar
Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 6739
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Sabre » Sat 08 Jul, 2017 10:48 pm

Alien isn't here this time, so tallying shouldn't be an issue.
I think it was having 0 likes that made him realise people weren't too fond of him.

Bob
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu 16 Jun, 2011 8:59 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Bob » Sat 08 Jul, 2017 11:34 pm

Thank you / like buttons work on individual posts. Viewing a post based on most likes / thank yous' should be about reading a well thought out post or idea.

The trouble with likes / thank yous' is that it becomes a popularity contest.

The soloution (hint hint) is to make likes on a post viewable. yet make the users with the most likes less accessible. Making likes more about content and less about the author.

User avatar
Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1684
Joined: Mon 29 Aug, 2016 8:52 am
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 41 times

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Sun 09 Jul, 2017 4:55 pm

We should have Thanking awards.

Best Thank of the day.
Most Thanked comment.
Who Thanked the most.
Who was Thanked the most.

And hand out certificates at the end of the week for an award and each week a new person must be picked so every gets a Thanking award.


But on a serious note, I like the Thank button. When someone posts a comment I like or agree with I can thank them.

User avatar
Kul
Member
Member
Posts: 5746
Joined: Sat 04 Jul, 2009 12:24 am
Location: Balmain
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by Kul » Mon 10 Jul, 2017 10:55 am

omg I'll change the text then

What should it change to?

Post Reply

Return to “Site Issues and Feedback”