Saints are awful

pHyR3

Re: Saints are awful

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 10:59 pm

round 1 is not gonna determine your season.

remember us in round 1 last year? destroyed by the dragons 40 odd points to 12 (and only 12 because of patty).

round 2 we put 40 something on the titans on the gold coast and then knocked off the eventual premiers the week after.

dragons play a little flatter and more diagonally with just a couple more crisp passes and we could find ourselves in a whole heap of trouble within 25minutes. their defence wasnt horrible, a try off a kick and then storm couldnt score for like an hour i think. 12 pts is not bad D.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 11:17 pm

pHyR3 wrote:round 1 is not gonna determine your season.

remember us in round 1 last year? destroyed by the dragons 40 odd points to 12 (and only 12 because of patty).

round 2 we put 40 something on the titans on the gold coast and then knocked off the eventual premiers the week after.

dragons play a little flatter and more diagonally with just a couple more crisp passes and we could find ourselves in a whole heap of trouble within 25minutes. their defence wasnt horrible, a try off a kick and then storm couldnt score for like an hour i think. 12 pts is not bad D.

Interesting we play the same 3 teams first up again this year as last year - that's kinda weird. Also, how did Saints end up getting 2 Monday night games in a row to start their season? I thought it was supposed to be spread more evenly than that. Bad luck for their fans, I hate Monday night games - I forget they're even on sometimes :lol:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 11:30 pm

I forgot it was on tonight too Flip. Not like me at all to forget a game's on. The only reason I remembered, was because one of my patients happened to mention it. I'am not a fan of Monday night footy either.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 11:35 pm

Luke wrote:One thing I've learnt over the last couple of seasons - don't bother basing a side's previous game to how they will play in the next game (unless the teams are the heavyweights). All the other teams are constantly up and down - you just don't know what kind of team is going to show up half the time. It always seems to happen to us as well - when a team plays bad the week before playing us they magically turn in the best side in the comp against us. Partly why I hoped the Dragons would win this week.
Yeah, it play's havoc with the tipping ;)
Last edited by Tigermama on Mon 09 Mar, 2015 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tigertigertiger

Post by Tigertigertiger » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 11:36 pm

If saints beat us next week what will our team be if the saints are awful

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 11:42 pm

@Flippedy and Tigermama, i dont mind monday games, but hate when the tigers are on mondays - they just dont have the same feel to them?!

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 11:43 pm

Tigertigertiger wrote:If saints beat us next week what will our team be if the saints are awful
Diabolical!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Tigertigertiger

Post by Tigertigertiger » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 11:47 pm

We should steam roll them through the forwards

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 11:52 pm

turnstyle wrote:@Flippedy and Tigermama, i dont mind monday games, but hate when the tigers are on mondays - they just dont have the same feel to them?!
I agree Turnstyle. Strange isn't it ?

turnstyle

Post by turnstyle » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 11:55 pm

Tigermama wrote:
turnstyle wrote:@Flippedy and Tigermama, i dont mind monday games, but hate when the tigers are on mondays - they just dont have the same feel to them?!
I agree Turnstyle. Strange isn't it ?
ha ha... i guess we're just too old school?! :lol:

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Tue 10 Mar, 2015 7:11 am

Dugan gone. Smart move getting rid of Quinlan.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Tue 10 Mar, 2015 7:53 am

Let's not convince ourselves that there crap. We have to earn our 2 Competition points and not say to ourselves "on paper we will this game " cause such and such is missing and such and such is injured.
Last year 1st game of the year they spanked us for having the wrong attitude after getting out to a 12-0 lead.
I hope we turn up ready to play
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Hbom

Post by Hbom » Tue 10 Mar, 2015 9:01 am

OP was spot on. They looked like they just met one another. If I were a dragons fan I would be asking exactly what did they work on in the off season. You cannot compare our failure to execute in attack with their sheer lack of a decent plan.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 10 Mar, 2015 11:02 am

Hopefully Marshall brings rocks to the game next week. He will look to lift against us.

Beware an embarrassed side.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 10 Mar, 2015 11:13 am

They were woeful last night. Doesn't mean they will be woeful all year.

Melbourne were pretty poor also.

Koro looked awesome though.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 10 Mar, 2015 11:15 am

Koro looked sharp didnt he?

Honestly we should go right up the guts with our big boppers and then run Siro and Kapow 2 at Bunji all day...he didnt wanna tackle last night.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Tue 10 Mar, 2015 11:18 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:Hopefully Marshall brings rocks to the game next week. He will look to lift against us.
Beware an embarrassed side.
I agree, if Benji brings his diamond's game,( he is bound to have one sometime) :roll: it will be a great test of wests-tigers defense mettle.
Get up and on him, no room to move, and he will chance his hand which, results in long floating passes toward the sidelines.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

turnstyle

Post by turnstyle » Tue 10 Mar, 2015 12:33 pm

foreveratiger wrote:Let's not convince ourselves that there crap. We have to earn our 2 Competition points and not say to ourselves "on paper we will this game " cause such and such is missing and such and such is injured.
Last year 1st game of the year they spanked us for having the wrong attitude after getting out to a 12-0 lead.
I hope we turn up ready to play
reminds me of last week! :shock: