happy tiger wrote:
Tigermama wrote:Hobo..front right is wearing orange :lol:
Certainly is

Who would you like to be TM ??

I thought the one with orange hair ;)
I can't see any with orange hair Happy.. I must be colour blind :lol:
Orange hair :oops:

Pink hair perhaps in the middle :lol:
She's cute, but i'm more of a purple hair, kind a girl Happy ;)

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 13 Mar, 2015 5:57 pm

Benji Marshall: Leaving The Blues Behind
March 12, 2015 by therealsteavis Leave a Comment
Marshall, BenjiBy STEVE MASCORD

So League Week waits a little before asking about the comment on midweek television of Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens – following his sacking – that “players get rid of coaches. It’s generally senior players too,” “I still haven’t actually spoken to him about it,” Marshall says when the subject is raised, after saying the implication shattered him. “I don’t understand how it can actually get to that, where that’s actually put out there. “….firstly, that I could have any influence on a decision the board makes, or a decision by whoever makes that decision. “I’m just baffled at how it got to me. There was heaps of s*** floating around about it but I never said a bad word about Tim. I don’t know how it got to that. “I think the perception is that players have a lot of pull but the only pull I’ve ever tried to influence is on the field and off the field you just do what you’re told, man.“What confuses me is how it gets put on the players that we have that control. “Put it this way: if I had control over the Tigers from 2008 to 2012, none of my mates would have left. I lost eight of my best mates through that time at the Tigers and the main reason I enjoyed being there was the family atmosphere at the club and having all those blokes around – which slowly got demolished group by group. In the end, it just me and Robbie (Farah) left. “

Benji paints an unflattering picture of himself during the tail end of his time at Wests Tigers: complacent, overweight, wilfully oblivious to what others were saying about him.
“When I went there (rugby union), they were really honest with me, like about where I was fitness-wise. “They were really honest with me about what I needed to do, what I needed to become. That’s something I never had during the back end of my time at the Tigers – that honesty. “I thought I was going alright – and no-one was telling me that I wasn’t. Sometimes you need to hear the truth, especially when you’re an older player, or else you get caught just coasting and that’s what I was doing. “I was just coasting and thinking everything was going sweet. When you’re playing, sometimes you don’t see it. You need other people to help point that out. “I just got too comfortable in my position. There was never a time when I was under pressure from someone else coming through who was going to take my position “Even my family wouldn’t say anything, which is … which is a shame.”
http://stevemascord.com/2015/03/12/benj ... es-behind/

:blah :blah :blah :blah
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Fri 13 Mar, 2015 6:17 pm

Geo. wrote:

So League Week waits a little before asking about the comment on midweek television of Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens – following his sacking – that “players get rid of coaches. It’s generally senior players too,” “I still haven’t actually spoken to him about it,” Marshall says when the subject is raised, after saying the implication shattered him. “I don’t understand how it can actually get to that, where that’s actually put out there. “….firstly, that I could have any influence on a decision the board makes, or a decision by whoever makes that decision. “I’m just baffled at how it got to me. There was heaps of s*** floating around about it but I never said a bad word about Tim. I don’t know how it got to that. “I think the perception is that players have a lot of pull but the only pull I’ve ever tried to influence is on the field and off the field you just do what you’re told, man.“What confuses me is how it gets put on the players that we have that control. “Put it this way: if I had control over the Tigers from 2008 to 2012, none of my mates would have left. I lost eight of my best mates through that time at the Tigers and the main reason I enjoyed being there was the family atmosphere at the club and having all those blokes around – which slowly got demolished group by group. In the end, it just me and Robbie (Farah) left. “

Benji paints an unflattering picture of himself during the tail end of his time at Wests Tigers: complacent, overweight, wilfully oblivious to what others were saying about him. “When I went there (rugby union), they were really honest with me, like about where I was fitness-wise. “They were really honest with me about what I needed to do, what I needed to become. That’s something I never had during the back end of my time at the Tigers – that honesty. “I thought I was going alright – and no-one was telling me that I wasn’t. Sometimes you need to hear the truth, especially when you’re an older player, or else you get caught just coasting and that’s what I was doing. “I was just coasting and thinking everything was going sweet. When you’re playing, sometimes you don’t see it. You need other people to help point that out. “I just got too comfortable in my position. There was never a time when I was under pressure from someone else coming through who was going to take my position “Even my family wouldn’t say anything, which is … which is a shame.”

So now it's everyone else's fault for not being honest with him and telling him he was playing like crap :roll:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Fri 13 Mar, 2015 6:24 pm

Every time I think I'm over the whole benji crap, I see an article like this (despite how old) and it starts to grind my gears.

Just wish he would keep or had kept his mouth shut. But I guess, articles like these and 'honesty' has paid a lot of his bills.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

cunno

Post by cunno » Fri 13 Mar, 2015 6:57 pm

Flippedy wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Benji paints an unflattering picture of himself during the tail end of his time at Wests Tigers: complacent, overweight, wilfully oblivious to what others were saying about him. “When I went there (rugby union), they were really honest with me, like about where I was fitness-wise. “They were really honest with me about what I needed to do, what I needed to become. That’s something I never had during the back end of my time at the Tigers – that honesty. “I thought I was going alright – and no-one was telling me that I wasn’t. Sometimes you need to hear the truth, especially when you’re an older player, or else you get caught just coasting and that’s what I was doing. “I was just coasting and thinking everything was going sweet. When you’re playing, sometimes you don’t see it. You need other people to help point that out. “I just got too comfortable in my position. There was never a time when I was under pressure from someone else coming through who was going to take my position “Even my family wouldn’t say anything, which is … which is a shame.”

So now it's everyone else's fault for not being honest with him and telling him he was playing like crap :roll:
If only the rest of the world would have of kept Benji on track he could have been running out in the tri-colours on Monday night.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Fri 13 Mar, 2015 7:04 pm

Flippedy wrote:
Geo. wrote:

I believe it stems back from the Sheens Days , i believe he was babied by Sheens and wasn't reinforced to him that the Club is bigger than him and once he got on the Footy Show it was the Benji and Beau Show :roll:
Just my Thoughts
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

cunno

Post by cunno » Fri 13 Mar, 2015 7:08 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Flippedy wrote:
Geo. wrote:

I believe it stems back from the Sheens Days , i believe he was babied by Sheens and wasn't reinforced to him that the Club is bigger than him and once he got on the Footy Show it was the Benji and Beau Show :roll:
Just my Thoughts
He mustn't have been reading the papers at the time where some journalists wrote about his size, level of fitness and form.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Fri 13 Mar, 2015 7:12 pm

they up themselves as well - they're to blame for Benji.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Fri 13 Mar, 2015 7:15 pm

He still is and was a glorified touch football player who couldn't tackle , who got lucky with a flick pass on the right day at the right time .

Enough said .

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 13 Mar, 2015 7:17 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:they up themselves as well - they're to blame for Benji.

Always someone else's fault... :roll:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Fri 13 Mar, 2015 7:22 pm

get real Geo

Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"