Can't stand Monday night footy!

supercoach

Re: Can't stand Monday night footy!

Post by supercoach » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:29 am

I have had the digital pass since it started and it is the best value in town and the quality is pretty good

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 12:47 pm

I had about 3 mins of crud picture on Sat night, other than that all the games were clear.
I'd rather watch it on the big screen but as we travel around a bit I settled on the digital pass.

In conversations with a lot of the grey nomads, it's come up that the $50 per month is out of their budget, whereas if there was a single channel , that they could get with just the NRL ( or the AFL) at a lower price then they would pay it.
Foxtel are missing out on a good money spinner when you think of all those on a pension or low income, who can't afford the basic package ( and wouldn't watch it anyway,)as well as the sport channel, but may be able to afford just the football if it was on just a one channel basis.
Unfortunately they know that almost no one would want the basic chanell if wasn't a compulsory part of the package.
However, if they marketed a lower priced deal aimed at pensioners or concession card holders, showing just the football , it would be a definite winner for them.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 2:39 am

after 20 minutes tonight i was LOVING MONDAY NIGHT FOOTY!! :lol:

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:58 am

happy tiger wrote:
Tigermama wrote:Doing the day shift on Monday, so i will be home to watch the game. Friends popping round with Pizza and Beer, and i will make some Butterscotch Popcorn to nibble on after dinner. It would be nice to get a win against the Dragons. :)
Butterscotch popcorn sounds nice :D

Is that like the old Blissbombs TM or was that made with caramel ??

With caramel Happy! Unsalted popcorn, honey, butter, nuts etc. A family recipe. Yummy :D

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:07 am

hobbo2803 wrote:
Flippedy wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
Flippedy wrote: I remember the time when Pay TV had no ads, bar the ones advertising upcoming shows and movies, much like at the cinema. The footy was on Optus and it was great - no ads there, no ads during the movies and you didn't have to pay any extra money, above the basic package, to get access to the decent channels and movies. Now it's just a big rip off and full of advertising just like TV. Waste of money, imo.
You're quite welcome to enter the lunatic asylum inside hobbo's man cave tomorrow night Flip !!!

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
:roll

Might never get back out! :lol:
If the mrs cooks you'll leave in a body bag !
If we get takeaway you'll be fine !

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:09 am

Tigermama wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
Flippedy wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote: You're quite welcome to enter the lunatic asylum inside hobbo's man cave tomorrow night Flip !!!

Might never get back out! :lol:
If the mrs cooks you'll leave in a body bag !
If we get takeaway you'll be fine !
So funny... :lol:

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:19 am

AmericanHistoryX wrote:sounds like a great night!!!!

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

It was a fun night AHX.. The Tiges win made it even better :)

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 12:28 pm

great news!!! glad you's had a good one

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 12:46 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:I had about 3 mins of crud picture on Sat night, other than that all the games were clear.
I'd rather watch it on the big screen but as we travel around a bit I settled on the digital pass.

In conversations with a lot of the grey nomads, it's come up that the $50 per month is out of their budget, whereas if there was a single channel , that they could get with just the NRL ( or the AFL) at a lower price then they would pay it.
Foxtel are missing out on a good money spinner when you think of all those on a pension or low income, who can't afford the basic package ( and wouldn't watch it anyway,)as well as the sport channel, but may be able to afford just the football if it was on just a one channel basis.
Unfortunately they know that almost no one would want the basic chanell if wasn't a compulsory part of the package.
However, if they marketed a lower priced deal aimed at pensioners or concession card holders, showing just the football , it would be a definite winner for them.
sounds good in practice but with the way sports and general TV is going youd see tonnes of people going from the normal package of 50 or 60 a month to this NRL package of 20 or whatever so theyd lose revenue. id guess that theyve already done the maths

i just use livestream, free, HD and fullscreen.

not giving my money to someone like murdoch but probably worth it to people if you have more people in the house or want more than just the NRL.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 7:02 pm

How's the reception with that Phy?
And is it dependant on where you are