Can't stand Monday night footy!

Tigermama

Re: Can't stand Monday night footy!

Post by Tigermama » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 12:01 am

Doing the day shift on Monday, so i will be home to watch the game. Friends popping round with Pizza and Beer, and i will make some Butterscotch Popcorn to nibble on after dinner. It would be nice to get a win against the Dragons. :)

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 12:03 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:It sucks this week. I would have gone, but have a seminar in the city early Tuesday morning, so i need my beauty sleep.
Toughen up man , go to the game and then travel straight to where the seminar is being held and sleep there

Geo said he would pay all the cab fares and accommodation , he's a generous bloke

Honestly ,what the worst thing that could happen :shock:

Then again last time Geo got something from his wallet it was in pounds and shillings and convicts were still being shipped to Australia

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 12:09 am

tigermama and myself had a quick chat about mnf in another thread. i dont mind it...when other teams are playing! its only when the tigers are on mnf i dont like it because it just doesnt have the same feel and as said before, the atmosphere at them just always seems really flat.
its just...unaustralian!

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 12:34 am

No it doesn't have the same feel i agree Turnstyle. But will still have fun watching the game. Wouldn't miss it :)

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 12:45 am

I'd rather have MNF than have the second game on a Friday night , which we have coming up soon .
Now that really sucks !

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 12:57 am

Me too Hobbo. Hate all the ads. So wish all games were live.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 6:28 am

Flippedy wrote:No Angry Tiger, you aren't the only one. I only said in a thread last night that I'm not a fan of MNF at all and often even forget that it's on! Not having Foxtel it means nothing to me, but at least Thursday night football is on free to air.
Had the same problem( no Foxtel) so now have the Digital Pass and get it live on that. Only problem is it can't be streamed to the big screen, so it's my iPad for all of foxtels games. ((It also gets the free to air games
At least it's better than nothing, and only cost approx $90 per year.
Had it last year but the picture was crap, don't know what they have changed , but the picture this year has been great

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 6:59 am

Not a fan either. It is certainly a crowd killer as far as I'm concerned. No way am I going to put up with traffic to firstly get home and then head back into it, particularly with packed peak hour trains also not being a practical family alternative afterwards at night.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 8:24 am

Hate MNF as well - non event, especially if you don't have Fox. (can't afford it).

This MN the game is crucial, with the games that follow we need the 2.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 11:36 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Flippedy wrote:No Angry Tiger, you aren't the only one. I only said in a thread last night that I'm not a fan of MNF at all and often even forget that it's on! Not having Foxtel it means nothing to me, but at least Thursday night football is on free to air.
Had the same problem( no Foxtel) so now have the Digital Pass and get it live on that. Only problem is it can't be streamed to the big screen, so it's my iPad for all of foxtels games. ((It also gets the free to air games
At least it's better than nothing, and only cost approx $90 per year.
Had it last year but the picture was crap, don't know what they have changed , but the picture this year has been great
Might have to check that out, thanks for the tip, GCT. My laptop is ok to watch games on. At least it will make MNF accessible for me, if I can remember it's on lol. I hate how the whole world just assumes everyone has Pay TV.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 11:46 am

The Digital Pass lost a lot of people during last years 9's

I must admit I don't know anyone who has it

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 11:53 am

happy tiger wrote:The Digital Pass lost a lot of people during last years 9's

I must admit I don't know anyone who has it
Yeah as GCT said, it's a lot better this year, so maybe they have fixed up all the problems from last year. I imagine they would have had a flood of complaints from people paying $90 a year for crap reception.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 12:04 pm

Tigermama wrote:Me too Hobbo. Hate all the ads. So wish all games were live.
I remember the time when Pay TV had no ads, bar the ones advertising upcoming shows and movies, much like at the cinema. The footy was on Optus and it was great - no ads there, no ads during the movies and you didn't have to pay any extra money, above the basic package, to get access to the decent channels and movies. Now it's just a big rip off and full of advertising just like TV. Waste of money, imo.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 12:06 pm

Flippedy wrote:
I remember the time when Pay TV had no ads, bar the ones advertising upcoming shows and movies, much like at the cinema. The footy was on Optus and it was great - no ads there, no ads during the movies and you didn't have to pay any extra money, above the basic package, to get access to the decent channels and movies. Now it's just a big rip off and full of advertising just like TV. Waste of money, imo.
Unfortunately the ads are there to keep the prices down

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 12:08 pm

try triple MMM - not bad at all

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 12:11 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Flippedy wrote:
Unfortunately the ads are there to keep the prices down

That's my point though, Happy, they don't. It's more expensive than it ever was!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 12:12 pm

Tigermama wrote:Doing the day shift on Monday, so i will be home to watch the game. Friends popping round with Pizza and Beer, and i will make some Butterscotch Popcorn to nibble on after dinner. It would be nice to get a win against the Dragons. :)
Butterscotch popcorn sounds nice :D

Is that like the old Blissbombs TM or was that made with caramel ??

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 12:14 pm

sounds like a great night!!!!

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"