Can't stand Monday night footy!

hobbo

Can't stand Monday night footy!

Post by hobbo » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 12:17 pm

Flippedy wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Flippedy wrote:
Tigermama wrote:Me too Hobbo. Hate all the ads. So wish all games were live.
I remember the time when Pay TV had no ads, bar the ones advertising upcoming shows and movies, much like at the cinema. The footy was on Optus and it was great - no ads there, no ads during the movies and you didn't have to pay any extra money, above the basic package, to get access to the decent channels and movies. Now it's just a big rip off and full of advertising just like TV. Waste of money, imo.
Unfortunately the ads are there to keep the prices down

That's my point though, Happy, they don't. It's more expensive than it ever was!
Naaah , it's only $50 a month for the basic package including sports in HD .

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 12:20 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
Flippedy wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Flippedy wrote: I remember the time when Pay TV had no ads, bar the ones advertising upcoming shows and movies, much like at the cinema. The footy was on Optus and it was great - no ads there, no ads during the movies and you didn't have to pay any extra money, above the basic package, to get access to the decent channels and movies. Now it's just a big rip off and full of advertising just like TV. Waste of money, imo.
Unfortunately the ads are there to keep the prices down

That's my point though, Happy, they don't. It's more expensive than it ever was!

And about the only thing you miss from years ago was one movie channel and usually the movies were crap

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 12:20 pm

i just use livestream with holaunblocker.

perfectly legal as far as i know, pm for any help setting it up.

HD streams, stream it to the TV no worries. every game live, no ads.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 12:22 pm

but on topic, yeah dont like MNF.

prefer one thursday, one friday, 3 saturday and then 3 on sunday with the last game at 6ish.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 12:30 pm

happy tiger wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
Flippedy wrote:
happy tiger wrote: Unfortunately the ads are there to keep the prices down

And about the only thing you miss from years ago was one movie channel and usually the movies were crap

Oh ok guys, things must've changed then since I last checked it out, which was some time ago. I remember the basic package was fairly cheap, but you got bugger all for it and had to pay overs to get anything decent. Still, the lure of being able to watch RL at any time is worth it for many people, I guess, but not for me anymore.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 12:31 pm

happy tiger wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
Flippedy wrote:
"happy tiger" wrote: Unfortunately the ads are there to keep the prices down

I've had fox/Austar for about 12 odd years straight .
Have 2 foxtel boxes , one for the boys and one for the girls ! ( don't get the movie package ) .
It keeps the peace and is a real marriage saver :lol:

Got sick of spending $70 odd dollars a week at the video shop and paying them for lost DVDs when the kids were little !

I only pay $90 per month for fox , nothing better than watching super Saturday on a crap winters night on a warm Couch !

We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 12:34 pm

Flippedy wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
Flippedy wrote:

Oh ok guys, things must've changed then since I last checked it out, which was some time ago. I remember the basic package was fairly cheap, but you got bugger all for it and had to pay overs to get anything decent. Still, the lure of being able to watch RL at any time is worth it for many people, I guess, but not for me anymore.
Most of your Money goes towards Foxtel Commercials and Repeats :brick:
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 12:35 pm

Flippedy wrote:
I remember the time when Pay TV had no ads, bar the ones advertising upcoming shows and movies, much like at the cinema. The footy was on Optus and it was great - no ads there, no ads during the movies and you didn't have to pay any extra money, above the basic package, to get access to the decent channels and movies. Now it's just a big rip off and full of advertising just like TV. Waste of money, imo.
You're quite welcome to enter the lunatic asylum inside hobbo's man cave tomorrow night Flip !!!

We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 4:29 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
Flippedy wrote:
You're quite welcome to enter the lunatic asylum inside hobbo's man cave tomorrow night Flip !!!

Might never get back out! :lol:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 4:37 pm

Flippedy wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
Flippedy wrote:
"Tigermama" wrote:Me too Hobbo. Hate all the ads. So wish all games were live.

Might never get back out! :lol:
:roll
If the mrs cooks you'll leave in a body bag !
If we get takeaway you'll be fine !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 5:30 pm

Flippedy wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
Flippedy wrote:

Flippedy wrote:Might never get back out! :lol:

turnstyle

Post by turnstyle » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 5:33 pm

as for the foxtel issue, im in perth so id get to see barely any tigers games without it. as it is, i rarely watch FTA anyway and "obtain" any movies i want to see by other means...and now they have the F1 so im very happy!

Cosimo_Zaretti

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 6:31 pm

The game is listed as a 7PM kickoff? Is that time actually correct? Trying to suss out whether I can get to Campbelltown and back before work, or if I should watch this one on TV.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 7:28 pm

turnstyle wrote:as for the foxtel issue, im in perth so id get to see barely any tigers games without it. as it is, i rarely watch FTA anyway and "obtain" any movies i want to see by other means...and now they have the F1 so im very happy!
Another partial loss for FTA, but I did watch the British coverage this arvo and at least you can still watch a quarter screen or so during the ads, rather than no picture at all.
Last edited by formerguest on Sun 15 Mar, 2015 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 7:30 pm

Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:The game is listed as a 7PM kickoff? Is that time actually correct? Trying to suss out whether I can get to Campbelltown and back before work, or if I should watch this one on TV.
The Fox televised games are fairly punctual.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 15 Mar, 2015 9:33 pm

id assume 7:05pm actual kickoff.

if it was 9 it'd be 7:10pm at the earliest.

turnstyle

Post by turnstyle » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 1:06 am

formerguest wrote:
turnstyle wrote:as for the foxtel issue, im in perth so id get to see barely any tigers games without it. as it is, i rarely watch FTA anyway and "obtain" any movies i want to see by other means...and now they have the F1 so im very happy!
Another partial loss for FTA, but I did watch the British coverage this arvo and at least you can still watch a quarter screen or so during the ads, rather than no picture at all.
That was weird wasn't it?! Made me realise how much racing you miss during the ads.
The main reason I'm so happy is I can now record the northern hemisphere races. :)

*GO THE TIGERS ON MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!

*this makes my post topical! :lol:

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 1:31 am

I spoke to soon

I walked past the staff room and one of the staff had the Digital Pass
on his phone

The picture quality was excellent , I'd look into it if you were after a cheaper option than Foxtel and don't mind watching games on a I Pad etc