Crowd

tig_prmz

Crowd

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 12:23 pm

cqtiger wrote:Apparently Mayer was on triple M and not real happy with crowd numbers. Sorry Magpie Col, I read it on twitter. Maybe someone can confirm his comments

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Not true at all. He thought there was about 12.5k and said he was very happy with the turnout but very angry at the mismanagement that led to hundereds of people not getting in before 5 mins to half time.

Said he doesn't know whether it's the stadiums fault, ticketec fault or the Tigers fault but he'll do everything possible to get to the bottom of this.

My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 12:32 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:11K is fine for a Monday night, given most people would be working or going to school the next day.

There was a line a mile long outside with people trying to get in, wonder how many of those people cracked it an walked off? I find it hard to believe that all those people didn't have the Internet to pre-purchase tickets.
Any comment to the rumours that two ticket windows were closed because two staff members that are ex Balmain fans called in sick knowing full well a big walk up crowd was expected?
Were they sick? Are the ticket windows manned by the club or Ticketek staff?

I'd also question the source and validity of the rumours before commenting, as this is the first I've heard of it.

It still doesn't draw from the point I make about people pre-purchasing their tickets before the game. Do these same people stay off toll roads because they can't pay at the booth any more?
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 12:40 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:11K is fine for a Monday night, given most people would be working or going to school the next day.

There was a line a mile long outside with people trying to get in, wonder how many of those people cracked it an walked off? I find it hard to believe that all those people didn't have the Internet to pre-purchase tickets.
Any comment to the rumours that two ticket windows were closed because two staff members that are ex Balmain fans called in sick knowing full well a big walk up crowd was expected?
sounds like a heap of bull
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 12:40 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:

I'd also question the source and validity of the rumours before commenting, as this is the first I've heard of it.

It still doesn't draw from the point I make about people pre-purchasing their tickets before the game. Do these same people stay off toll roads because they can't pay at the booth any more?
That response was a tad more serious than I expected.

Good point to question the source of the rumour, but I would have to say it does cause a conflict of interest for me as it would mean questioning my own imagination.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 12:45 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:

That response was a tad more serious than I expected.

Good point to question the source of the rumour, but I would have to say it does cause a conflict of interest for me as it would mean questioning my own imagination.
My sarcasm detector doesn't work too well over the Internet, Gary.

In any case, if people want to get into the game in a timely manner they should get anyone proficient with a computer to show them how to order tickets online, or go to a Westfield/Ticketek agent.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 1:36 pm

For the inner city folk who do not venture out to Cambo because of the distance and the traffic, let me tell you last night was a dream both ways, all the road works are done and dusted and the extra lane makes a massive difference. No excuses anymore !!!!

Also the ground was in tip top shape

Abraham

Post by Abraham » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 1:56 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Yes, it's true.

They waited 16 years to get their revenge in the most cunning way possible.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 1:59 pm

Abraham wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Yes, it's true.

They waited 16 years to get their revenge in the most cunning way possible.

If true , what a bunch of sad bastards :twisted:
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 2:56 pm

Rumour off and running .... even when you are just foolin around!

Mothermagpie

Post by Mothermagpie » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 4:10 pm

Really Endless Passion, really...is that all it takes to miss a game? How are they trouble makers? You seem to be the one who wants to start trouble. They are passionate and harmless, so what? I am really gob smacked...geez if that's the only problem you have in life I would suggest you are very lucky.

tigerpies1

Post by tigerpies1 » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 4:47 pm

Was a great crowd last night,not many of us Wests supporters can attend on a Monday night due to work commitments and the fact we live in the penrith district,love the fanatics passion for their side of the J/V just as all the old Balmain diehards wear there Balmain jerseys at Leichardt oval,what's the difference ??? Just remember the team is called 'Wests' tigers not just tigers .

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 5:02 pm

Why are so many people sticking up for a bunch of boofheads just because they wear Magpies jerseys.
No one would be complaining if they behaved themselves - no matter what they wore.
There are PLENTY of passionate Magpie supporters who don the old jersey without the need to make a jackass of themselves.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 5:17 pm

Just wondering if the few complaining that the crowd wasn't good enough are aware that a couple thousand people were locked out of the game for nearly the entire first half till they eventually said ''to hell with it'' and let everyone in for free at halftime. Those people would not have been included in the crowd figure. Lets not be selective

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 5:28 pm

Geez, diedpretty has gone on a thumbs downing spree here.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 5:37 pm

Not really sticking up for them just tolerating them. You know what to expect from them - a bit of pot stirring - get a few people riled up, and then they have had a good night - a bit like the annoying uncle at the Xmas party. You can find boofhead supporters that will aggravate an element of the crowd, at every game no matter if it is a merged team like ours, or not. Being non-reactive instead of defensive tends to make things less relevant.

Magpie Ryan

Post by Magpie Ryan » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:26 pm

Great atmosphere last night,well done to all the Wests tigers fans that turned up.i would say 80% there were WT supporters.if it were a Saturday or Sunday arvo/night we would have pulled more saint supporters and filled the place..
Great to see the maggie diehards out there,nothing wrong with wearing the foundation clubs jersey, I had mine on and the gentleman sitting in front of me had on an old balmain strip,both of us proud WT supporters.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:28 pm

the job was finished before the crowd came. Its not the Wests Tigers I know

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:31 pm

Sabre wrote:Geez, diedpretty has gone on a thumbs downing spree here.
You bet - if its there use it.