Crowd

diedpretty

Re: Crowd

Post by diedpretty » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:32 pm

And if you look hard you might get where my loyalties lie.

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:43 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:11K is fine for a Monday night, given most people would be working or going to school the next day.

There was a line a mile long outside with people trying to get in, wonder how many of those people cracked it an walked off? I find it hard to believe that all those people didn't have the Internet to pre-purchase tickets.
Any comment to the rumours that two ticket windows were closed because two staff members that are ex Balmain fans called in sick knowing full well a big walk up crowd was expected?
Were they sick? Are the ticket windows manned by the club or Ticketek staff?

I'd also question the source and validity of the rumours before commenting, as this is the first I've heard of it.

It still doesn't draw from the point I make about people pre-purchasing their tickets before the game. Do these same people stay off toll roads because they can't pay at the booth any more?
Yep - don't use toll roads, don't have a mobile phone, don't have a credit card so no pre purchase - if you have to do that then looks like I won't be going to any more games.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:04 pm

Russell wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:11K is fine for a Monday night, given most people would be working or going to school the next day.

There was a line a mile long outside with people trying to get in, wonder how many of those people cracked it an walked off? I find it hard to believe that all those people didn't have the Internet to pre-purchase tickets.
Any comment to the rumours that two ticket windows were closed because two staff members that are ex Balmain fans called in sick knowing full well a big walk up crowd was expected?
Were they sick? Are the ticket windows manned by the club or Ticketek staff?

I'd also question the source and validity of the rumours before commenting, as this is the first I've heard of it.

It still doesn't draw from the point I make about people pre-purchasing their tickets before the game. Do these same people stay off toll roads because they can't pay at the booth any more?
Yep - don't use toll roads, don't have a mobile phone, don't have a credit card so no pre purchase - if you have to do that then looks like I won't be going to any more games.
You don't need a credit card to pre-purchase Russell? I've never owned a credit card and I buy my tickets online with a VISA debit.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:07 pm

Russell,as I said earlier if you can't go to a ticket booth and buy a ticket to go to the game,what's the point of having....TICKETS AVAILABLE AT THE GATE...if everybody buys online or at ticketek then there shouldn't be a problem dispensing said tickets at the booth..

If you can't supply the product...don't advertise it....simples ....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:11 pm

TrueTiger wrote:Russell,as I said earlier if you can't go to a ticket booth and buy a ticket to go to the game,what's the point of having....TICKETS AVAILABLE AT THE GATE...if everybody buys online or at ticketek then there shouldn't be a problem dispensing said tickets at the booth..

If you can't supply the product...don't advertise it....simples ....
so apple should just stop advertising the iphone because they know theyll sell out quite quickly after each model? :roll:
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:18 pm

PHyR3,you miss the point,sell all the tickets online or at ticketek they want,don't say tickets available at the gate if their not going to dispense them to people who decide to go to the footy at the last moment,or don't want to buy online..tell people tickets are " not available at the gate" anymore and then we know where we stand....

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:20 pm

Not really...turning punters away is never a good thing and bad business....but if people turn up 10- 15mins before kick'-off without pre-purchasing and expect to waltz straight in they have high expectations...Also as has been pointed out there were other factors involved with the rail incident at Glenfield...All in all looks like the Crowd figure would have been higher than posted without the Dramas which is a good thing...

As for supporting the WESTS in Wests Tigers....good luck to them they are a passionate mob who turned up....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:20 pm

TrueTiger wrote:PHyR3,you miss the point,sell all the tickets online or at ticketek they want,don't say tickets available at the gate if their not going to dispense them to people who decide to go to the footy at the last moment,or don't want to buy online..tell people tickets are " not available at the gate" anymore and then we know where we stand....
:lol: okay mate, im sure that will go down well 'not available at gate'

they still want walk ups, just not thousands of walk ups every game at crappy suburban games.

they just underestimated the demand of walk ups, big deal?

dont complain if you have to wait 20-30 minutes in the line for a footy ticket and failed to buy it online.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:24 pm

The point everyone seems to miss also is..there were plenty of tickets available for the game,the management didn't staff the place well enough to keep up with demand..

I've been to plenty of games at Campbo and walked up to buy our tickets and had no trouble,and they were bigger crowds than Monday..

mctiger

Post by mctiger » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:46 pm

TrueTiger wrote:The point everyone seems to miss also is..there were plenty of tickets available for the game,the management didn't staff the place well enough to keep up with demand..

I've been to plenty of games at Campbo and walked up to buy our tickets and had no trouble,and they were bigger crowds than Monday..
How many ticket windows are there? Couldn't be that hard to staff them all?

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Wed 18 Mar, 2015 9:58 am

mctiger wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:The point everyone seems to miss also is..there were plenty of tickets available for the game,the management didn't staff the place well enough to keep up with demand..

How many ticket windows are there? Couldn't be that hard to staff them all?

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
There were 2 ticket windows, at least on the station side. Not sure if there are any at the back.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 18 Mar, 2015 10:54 am

Theres at least 5 or 6 windows on the station/club side....two I think on pembroke road/east side