Garbage

innsaneink

Garbage

Post by innsaneink » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 8:53 pm

So we beat a team by 16 points....only having to play well for 25 minutes, tells me where saints are....also tells me where we are
Last week...titans and all their dramas....we scrape home by 1....

I dunno about the rest of you, but I reckon that was crap....the way we started, our defense was strong and our forwards were terrific...attack flowed naturally from it....but then it was all just garbage...such a dissapointing final 45/50 minutes

These two teams weve played will finish 14, 15 0r 16.... I think JT wont be happy

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 8:57 pm

Nope he won't, but you can see that we got through those games because we are clearly better than both of them. Which puts us in the hunt when it clicks. Plenty to work with. I'd rather win by 18 and have a lot to work on than lose by 18 and have a lot to work on.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 8:58 pm

Adapting to the new structure and sticking to it for 80 minutes is going to be the key for us. Brooks and Moses got a bit carried away in the second half and overplayed their hand too often when there was nothing on.

I'm not too bothered by it. The results were clear to see early on. Next week will be a true test. I don't expect us to beat Souths given the form they are in, but it should prove to be a good learning curve for the team. I think we can match them in the middle of the park and the game will be won by whichever halves pairing keeps their composure. Souths have us comfortably in this department at the moment.

tigertye

Post by tigertye » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:01 pm

We're building Ink. Execution was off but there were some good signs there. People need to remember that 3/4 pieces to our spine are still rookies. Our defence was much better and there was some great signs in the first 30mins in attack.

The halves need to learn composure. The rest will come. Our last tackle options and kicking game need improvement.

It's also important to remember that this is Brooks, Moses and Teddys first 2 games together in first grade. You've also got a bunch of other youngsters in the team.

It might take a year or two before we see these guys turn into dynamite, not 2 games. Patience is key with these kids, they'll come good.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:01 pm

I do agree ink , by gee the Dragons made it easy for us in the 1st half handing us over all that possession.
Then we got a bit excited and we were all lining up to score
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:03 pm

JT will be very happy. He has made it clear the last few weeks that the first 5 rounds are about structure and that combinations will eventually come.

He has asked us to be patient. I am happy for it to develop.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:03 pm

But in saying all that i'm glad we have had the Titans and Dragons to start of the year , gives us a better chance of getting some confidence with a new Coach and a young side .
We got the 2 points that's all it matters.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:05 pm

Farah, Lawrence and co are there to keep these guys feet on the ground...im disappointed in this...and the fact it shouldve really been addressed at half time when the itchy feet of the tyoungsters began just before the break

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:06 pm

innsaneink wrote:So we beat a team by 16 points....only having to play well for 25 minutes, tells me where saints are....also tells me where we are

I dunno about the rest of you, but I reckon that was crap....the way we started, our defense was strong and our forwards were terrific...attack flowed naturally from it....but then it was all just garbage...such a dissapointing final 45/50 minutes

These two teams weve played will finish 14, 15 0r 16.... I think JT wont be happy
Yes and no .. We made a couple of dumb late decisions late in the first half .. Brooks gave a couple of bad face balls which didn't come off and Farah's scoot from dummy half was a bad call , then with Farah and wood off in the second half we looked lost , then the dragons came back ( apart from their ball handling & last tackle options ) .

We still have a lot to do I agree , but the young players are still raw and their all still learning what Taylor wants out of them IMO .

We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:07 pm

The 2nd half was poor and Moses, Brook and Robbie came up with plenty of poor options.

Still its 2 wins from 2 games and we looked real good in the first half.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:07 pm

JT will be happy with the defence , but will be unhappy with our red zone attack in the 2nd half

On the other hand we were getting into red zone quite easily ,which must be putting a smile on peoples faces

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:14 pm

In a way, I'm kinda glad we didn't pump them by 50.

At least now, all the guys know they need to work on their execution and not to get cocky.

If that was Souths, we would have been rundown in the second half and they know it.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:15 pm

It was the exuberance of youth which resulted in us throwing away big chances for tries on the last tackle play. We should have won by another 12 points at least.
Last edited by Newtown on Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:16 pm

I'd rather be in our position than the Dragons , at least we showed that we've got something to work with . Most other years we would have had 30 points put on us even after such a good start. There's definetly a much better defence especially on our line.
Tedesco showed that once he gets a few more games under his belt , Moylan may not be the only fullback who can play.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:18 pm

innsaneink wrote:So we beat a team by 16 points....only having to play well for 25 minutes, tells me where saints are....also tells me where we are

Agreed but only countered by JT playing games with the interchange to put the team under more pressure than we were. If he kept Farah, Woods, Galloway and Taupau in the game more we would have put them away by 30 or more, he knew that so eased up to put the young guys under pressure.

As ive said before, Dragons for the spoon, reserve graders.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:19 pm

And by the way, under pressure the young guys sucked!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:22 pm

yes...there were good signs....hopefully we can inrease it from 25 mintes to 35...45 etc....wont happen each and every week.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:23 pm

I agree that was a garbage 50 minutes. Having said that, everyone in the 17 played pretty well, although I am still trying to see something from Moses in attack; defence was good again, but he just isnt contributing in attack.