Garbage

Geo.

Re: Garbage

Post by Geo. » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:23 pm

happy tiger wrote:JT will be happy with the defence , but will be unhappy with our red zone attack in the 2nd half

On the other hand we were getting into red zone quite easily ,which must be putting a smile on peoples faces
Agreed....the execution will come,,,,calling it Garbage is harsh IMO..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:26 pm

weststigers wrote:In a way, I'm kinda glad we didn't pump them by 50.

At least now, all the guys know they need to work on their execution and not to get cocky.

If that was Souths, we would have been rundown in the second half and they know it.
Thats how I feel too. The Tigers of old would have pumped the Dragons tonight. The Tigers of old would also have got smashed if it made that many mistakes. This felt like an off night from a professional outfit.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:27 pm

I would assume its a preference we have our defensive structures working for us and offence slightly off, than the other way around.

We could do a lot worse than to have our halves getting intensive education at the hands of Taylor.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:27 pm

happy tiger wrote:JT will be happy with the defence , but will be unhappy with our red zone attack in the 2nd half

On the other hand we were getting into red zone quite easily ,which must be putting a smile on peoples faces
Yeah but let's be honest the Dragons gave us a massive hand getting in there Red zone with all there dropped ball and tackling they had to do in the 1st half .
Dragons were out on there feet in the 1st half ( fatigue ).
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:35 pm

Very disappointing second half. Both our halves were very ordinary, fifth tackle options dreadful, lots of poor passes and options.

Great to get the win, but next week will see where we are.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:40 pm

Forgot to mention earlier, but the thing that I was most impressed about Teddy , was that there was nothing that showed anything like a lack of confidence in anything that he did.
The speed is still there and the ability to almost glide through gaps is as good as ever. And he never held back.
Maybe it's just a biased view , but the game seems to speed up the moment he gets the ball.

Occasionally you see a player who , whether you support that team or not, is just exciting to watch. He's one.
Good luck with injuries ( or lack of them) in the future James
As a football supporter , I'm going to enjoy watching

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:43 pm

foreveratiger wrote:

Yeah but let's be honest the Dragons gave us a massive hand getting in there Red zone with all there dropped ball and tackling they had to do in the 1st half .
Dragons were out on there feet in the 1st half ( fatigue ).
But I think our defence was putting pressure on the Dragons and they were forced to play catch up after 20 minutes which just compounded the Saints problems

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:49 pm

The Dragons are a god awful side. We went down to their level in the 2nd half.

However it has been promising the way we are defending. I would much rather have things to work on with the ball then without it. Were building a decent platform there through 2 trials, and 2 competition games.

Were a bit more dour with the ball, but were playing with some control.

It is not inspiring stuff by any means at the minute. But we have plenty of up side. Meaning we should get a lot better once these young players play together more.

I expect to get beaten fairly handily by Souths and the Dogs, however until we play a top side lets wait and see.

Taylor seems like he is on the right track but there will be bumps along the road, because our side has inexperience and lacks talent in certain areas.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:49 pm

These first two weeks have just been glorified trials compared to whats to come over the next couple weeks. The points are on the board, that's a positive, but what we've been up against has nothing on what we'll be in for on Sunday. Things could real ugly. I'm not saying cos we're garbage, but because Souths are light years ahead of where we're at.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:56 pm

Garbage lols....we are two from two.

Thats freakin terrific!

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:58 pm

I like popcorn!
Last edited by simonthetiger on Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:58 pm

We flogged Souths last year. We'll flog them again. Souths to get a reality check.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:01 pm

Lols...the girls only see the scoreboard...some of us watch the footy

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:01 pm

Really I can not remember our team ever putting it together for 80 minutes even in 2005. Defensively we were strong for 80 minutes tonight, attack was ragged in the second half, but they did create plenty of chances and it was only some bad options that cost them three more trys. Brooks and Moses are getting better, but it will be mid next year before we see these kids start to control games.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:04 pm

MacDougall wrote:We flogged Souths last year. We'll flog them again. Souths to get a reality check.
I admire your enthusiasm but Souths are the form team at the moment and play to plan better than any other side. We'll need to replicate our first 25 minutes for the full 80, and I don't think we are capable just yet. We drift in and out of the game too easily which comes down to lack of experience, particularly the halves who are not yet seasoned first graders.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:05 pm

MacDougall wrote:We flogged Souths last year. We'll flog them again. Souths to get a reality check.
That was last yr. If Souths lead 20-0 tonight, they'd have gone on to win 50-0. There's no shame in admitting we might get toweled up by the competition benchmark.
Last edited by GNR4LIFE on Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LaT

Post by LaT » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:06 pm

We were better than last week. I can deal with poor patches as long as we keep improving. But yes, Bunnies will tear us apart on Sunday if we don't make a massive improvement.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:08 pm

I reckon we will see some selection changes this week , especially if Taupau does pass the cognitive tests

I'd expect Robbie to play 80 and us to add a prop instead of Halatau