Garbage

hobbo

Garbage

Post by hobbo » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:10 pm

innsaneink wrote:Lols...the girls only see the scoreboard...some of us watch the footy
C'mon ink , smile mate !!!

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

westernsidney

Post by westernsidney » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:13 pm

Gee people are hard to please. JT did the right thing tonight benching our go forward and leaving it upto the rookies when the game was in hand.

We don't need Robbie to play as a 2nd halfback. Just do his job.

Sure the rookies didn't handle it the best . But They will be better for it. We still kept StG scoreless in 2nd half. We are building. Great win and a confidence builder.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:16 pm

Brad Arthur was filthy after his team beat Manly by 30. A win doesn't automatically make everything rosey. We have a long way to go, if people don't see it now, they'll see it next week.

Black Orange White

Post by Black Orange White » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:18 pm

Yep really we would have lost to 13 teams tonight. If Tedesco didn't renege on his Raiders deal there's no doubt this team would be wooden spooners.

I hate to be negative but that's how it is right now. We're not competing for the 8 this year.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:20 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
MacDougall wrote:We flogged Souths last year. We'll flog them again. Souths to get a reality check.
That was last yr. If Souths lead 20-0 tonight, they'd have gone on to win 50-0. There's no shame in admitting we might get toweled up by the competition benchmark.
Of course. Not ashamed of it and yes we might but I do believe we have enough improvement in us to match them and the task at hand will steel them. I think we'll lift for it. Where Souths are good we are good. They have a great pack and our pack can match them. They have a good kicking game, our back three are good under the high ball. We match them for pace in the backline. Both halves pairings are young. It's not that uneven on paper and I'm predicting it won't be that uneven at the end. Look at the battles. It's close.

Inglis vs. Tedesco - Inglis but Teddy ain't no joke.
Johnson/Reddy vs. Richards/Naqaima - I'd take our two.
Walker/Goodwin vs. Simona/Lawrence - Too hard to pick. Walker is the best but Goodwin is the worst.
Moses vs. Keary - Keary has more runs on the board but they're pretty even.
Brooks vs. Reynolds - Reynolds for now but Brooks is capable of bettering him on the night.
Woods/Galloway vs. Burgess/Tyrell - Woods and Galloway are capable of disrupting Burgess's influence on the game and still doing their thing. I'd take ours. Tyrell meh.
Farah vs. Luke - Coin flip.
Sironen/Sue vs. Stewart/Sutton - This is their clear advantage but Sironen and Sue are capable.
Taupau vs. Lowe - Kapow by knockout.
Grevsmuhl/Clarke/McQueen/Burgess vs. Ava/Halatau/Lodge/Santi - Pretty even benches.

It's close on paper and the expectation is all on Souths.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:23 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Brad Arthur was filthy after his team beat Manly by 30. A win doesn't automatically make everything rosey. We have a long way to go, if people don't see it now, they'll see it next week.
I agree we have a lot of work , but you can only beat what's in front of you

So far so good , we will find out where we stand after Sunday

I don't know how true this is , but someone mentioned to me that Souths when they win the grudge match v Roosters tend to lose a lot the following week

Black Orange White

Post by Black Orange White » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:23 pm

MacDougall wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
MacDougall wrote:We flogged Souths last year. We'll flog them again. Souths to get a reality check.
That was last yr. If Souths lead 20-0 tonight, they'd have gone on to win 50-0. There's no shame in admitting we might get toweled up by the competition benchmark.
Of course. Not ashamed of it and yes we might but I do believe we have enough improvement in us to match them and the task at hand will steel them. I think we'll lift for it. Where Souths are good we are good. They have a great pack and our pack can match them. They have a good kicking game, our back three are good under the high ball. We match them for pace in the backline. Both halves pairings are young. It's not that uneven on paper and I'm predicting it won't be that uneven at the end. Look at the battles. It's close.

Inglis vs. Tedesco - Inglis but Teddy ain't no joke.
Johnson/Reddy vs. Richards/Naqaima - I'd take our two.
Walker/Goodwin vs. Simona/Lawrence - Too hard to pick. Walker is the best but Goodwin is the worst.
Moses vs. Keary - Keary has more runs on the board but they're pretty even.
Brooks vs. Reynolds - Reynolds for now but Brooks is capable of bettering him on the night.
Woods/Galloway vs. Burgess/Tyrell - Woods and Galloway are capable of disrupting Burgess's influence on the game and still doing their thing. I'd take ours. Tyrell meh.
Farah vs. Luke - Coin flip.
Sironen/Sue vs. Stewart/Sutton - This is their clear advantage but Sironen and Sue are capable.
Taupau vs. Lowe - Kapow by knockout.
Grevsmuhl/Clarke/McQueen/Burgess vs. Ava/Halatau/Lodge/Santi - Pretty even benches.

It's close on paper and the expectation is all on Souths.
Come on mate, there's no way Moses/Brooks are equal or better than Keary/Reynolds. Brooks relies way too much on Tedesco to look competent and apart from that combination he's ordinary and that's being generous. Wake me up when those two did what the Souths halves did against the Roosters

wtigers

Post by wtigers » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:23 pm

How can people be so upset after a second game win with a new coach?
We won.
For two games in a row we're missed very few tackles.
Calm down
And be glad we're not losing by 60 again.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:24 pm

Mate, the matching sides on paper doesn't work, games aren't won on paper. You might be right that matching up paper we get close, but as a team, we're miles behind.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:35 pm

innsaneink wrote:Lols...the girls only see the scoreboard...some of us watch the footy
I see a group of young guys in key positions trying their hearts out but things just not coming off for them. I also agree that we won't be favourites next week against Souffs. We'll be juicy odds next week and I can afford to have a couple of bob on them. I've seen bigger upsets before.

What I saw tonight was Ok with a bit better timing and a bit more patience we could have doubled our half time score. But what do I know?

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:41 pm

Its a step forward.....anyone remember what this team did to us last year? We completely closed them out and people are upset we didn't beat them by 50? Unrealistic expectations.

Yes I/m sure JT wont be happy with the 2nd half. But at least our first 40 was a big improvement on last week. Yes, we will need to put together a full 80 to challenge souths next week. We have a few teams covered and plenty of upside.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:47 pm

innsaneink wrote:So we beat a team by 16 points....only having to play well for 25 minutes, tells me where saints are....also tells me where we are
Last week...titans and all their dramas....we scrape home by 1....

I dunno about the rest of you, but I reckon that was crap....the way we started, our defense was strong and our forwards were terrific...attack flowed naturally from it....but then it was all just garbage...such a dissapointing final 45/50 minutes

These two teams weve played will finish 14, 15 0r 16.... I think JT wont be happy
We we know you. certainly are not....

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:48 pm

willow wrote:
I admire your enthusiasm but Souths are the form team at the moment and play to plan better than any other side. We'll need to replicate our first 25 minutes for the full 80, and I don't think we are capable just yet. We drift in and out of the game too easily which comes down to lack of experience, particularly the halves who are not yet seasoned first graders.
Yep, what Souths did to a star studded Roosters outfit yesterday was stunning! Don't kid yourself Mac, we're in trouble next week, but as long as we give a good account of ourselves, I'll be happy.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:51 pm

Flippedy wrote:
willow wrote:
I admire your enthusiasm but Souths are the form team at the moment and play to plan better than any other side. We'll need to replicate our first 25 minutes for the full 80, and I don't think we are capable just yet. We drift in and out of the game too easily which comes down to lack of experience, particularly the halves who are not yet seasoned first graders.
Yep, what Souths did to a star studded Roosters outfit yesterday was stunning! Don't kid yourself Mac, we're in trouble next week, but as long as we give a good account of ourselves, I'll be happy.
If you want to be Happy , you'll need to cough up Flip :lol:

Snapper

Post by Snapper » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:51 pm

Look good for the first half took advantage of the errors .
They deftly took their foot off the pedal for the second half.
Moses looks like a liability in defence.
Fingers crossed for Taupau we deftly need him next week.

Go W Tigers

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:53 pm

Yes we will most likely get towelled up by souths , but we're still a work in progress .
Let's enjoy beating Stains and savour the moment !

We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 11:04 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Flippedy wrote:
willow wrote:

Oh geez, perhaps I'll use the word gay instead - that means happy doesn't it?
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 11:09 pm

Flippedy wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Flippedy wrote:
willow wrote:["]We flogged Souths last year. We'll flog them again. Souths to get a reality check.

Oh geez, perhaps I'll use the word gay instead - that means happy doesn't it?[/quote]

Yes sweetie ;) :shock: