Well done Kevin Naiqama

pHyR3

Re: Well done Kevin Naiqama

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:42 pm

MacDougall wrote:Nofoaluma played centre all the way up to first grade. Naiqama also has played bulk centre. Lawrence plays like a backrower one wider than usual. I'm not saying move him to starting backrow, I'm saying move him to that mix.
any source on that?

he played fullback for juniors kangaroos. pushing some crappy player called james tedesco on the wing ;)

he may have played centre before that though i wouldnt know
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:43 pm

tigertye wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Nofoaluma played centre all the way up to first grade. Naquaima also has played bulk centre. Lawrence plays like a backrower one wider than usual. I'm not saying move him to starting backrow, I'm saying move him to that mix.
I thought Nofo was a fullback and then got replaced by Teddy when he came into 20's. Nofo then pushed to centre/wing?

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Noffa was a fullback and got pushed into the centres well before they got to 20s. He actually started ahead of Teddy in juniors for fullback but Teddy won the jersey over him eventually. He started playing mostly wing once he got to 20s but started in centre at 20s too. He played in the centres almost always and barely ever wing when Tedesco was the fullback for Maggies Rep Juniors. He did rep Aus Schoolboys as a winger though. That being said he's got experience playing centre and I'm sure he or Naiqama there are better options than Lawrence.

I can't fault Kev but Nofoaluma is too good to keep in reggies at all and Lawrence is the one in the back 5 I'd be moving out. I think Lawrence could prove himself a competent enough backrower in time.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:46 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Nofoaluma played centre all the way up to first grade. Naiqama also has played bulk centre. Lawrence plays like a backrower one wider than usual. I'm not saying move him to starting backrow, I'm saying move him to that mix.
any source on that?

he played fullback for juniors kangaroos. pushing some crappy player called james tedesco on the wing ;)

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=cent ... foaluma%22

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_pag ... D=14979591

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:50 pm

Flippedy wrote:
Russell wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Lawrence to the pigs and Noffa or Kev to get his centre jersey imo. Probably Kev.
Lawrence is NOT a back rower.

Why would you weaken the back row?

Why would you move him when he played ok.
Noffa is not a centre either. If he can't hold off Kev - then drop him!
Lawrence is fast becoming the elephant in the room.
Lawrence IS the elephant in the room. As soon as CL refused point blank t challenge for a bomb in the first half it was odds on the drag queens were going to target him in the second half. Thank god naqama saved his are all of the second half.
JT .... We dont need lawrence any more, its all over red rover Chris !
I dislike sowfs immensely

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:53 pm

MacDougall wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:
any source on that?

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=cent ... foaluma%22

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_pag ... D=14979591
cheers mate, fair enough

cant see lawrence dropped in round 4 or 5, but would definitely like to see nofo simona lining up in 3 and 4 respectively.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

willow

Post by willow » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:56 pm

MacDougall wrote:
tigertye wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Nofoaluma played centre all the way up to first grade. Naquaima also has played bulk centre. Lawrence plays like a backrower one wider than usual. I'm not saying move him to starting backrow, I'm saying move him to that mix.
I thought Nofo was a fullback and then got replaced by Teddy when he came into 20's. Nofo then pushed to centre/wing?

Noffa was a fullback and got pushed into the centres well before they got to 20s. He actually started ahead of Teddy in juniors for fullback but Teddy won the jersey over him eventually. He started playing mostly wing once he got to 20s but started in centre at 20s too. He played in the centres almost always and barely ever wing when Tedesco was the fullback for Maggies Rep Juniors. He did rep Aus Schoolboys as a winger though. That being said he's got experience playing centre and I'm sure he or Naiqama there are better options than Lawrence.

I can't fault Kev but Nofoaluma is too good to keep in reggies at all and Lawrence is the one in the back 5 I'd be moving out. I think Lawrence could prove himself a competent enough backrower in time.
Hard to argue. Lawrence is not playing poorly, but his footwork is non-existent and if we're serious about scoring points, Nofo and Naiqama are well ahead of Rowdy, and they can both tackle too. JT will have a tough choice to make once Nofo regains match fitness.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:59 pm

willow wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
tigertye wrote:

Hard to argue. Lawrence is not playing poorly, but his footwork is non-existent and if we're serious about scoring points, Nofo and Naiqama are well ahead of Rowdy, and they can both tackle too. JT will have a tough choice to make once Nofo regains match fitness.
Please don't think i'm putting Lawrence down at all , but to me it's a no brainer.
Lawrence will have to stay in the centres till Nofo gets some sort of confidence and Lawrence to the backrow.
I thought Lawrence had a good game Tonight , nothing special but did his job.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:59 pm

As I said pre season , Naiqama's weakness will be his height deficiency defending the high ball

He better get used to being bombed at the end of the sets

But apart from that he has been very good

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:00 pm

Damn he got peppered and stood tall!

underdog

Post by underdog » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:00 pm

Watching Lawrence "wind up" when he had space this game was the only thing i found disappointing about the night.

Twice Moses put him in space, and twice I waited for the afterburners to light. Instead he plodded into the line.

Even Keefy has a springier step than Lawrence.

Like I said the only sadness out of a fantastic night for our lads.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 11:17 pm

They threw everything his way tonight and he stood tall. Great performsnce

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 11:20 pm

willow wrote:Another very solid game tonight. Nofo will have to work for his spot.
For me Nofo doesn't deserve to displace Naiquama

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 11:27 pm

Naiqama shall stay and play RW, and Nofoaluma replaces Lawrence, too easy :)

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 11:46 pm

I thought Kev was found out in the air a bit, dropped quite a few. carried the ball well, but tonight made the decision what to do when noffa comes back.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 1:15 am

i thought naiqama was awesome! i think the thing i am most impressed with is his defence and ability to tackle consecutive plays.
i dont really see him being a concern under the bomb tbh. i thought he did as well as anyone could have. as for the pass in the in-goal: was it actually even forward? maybe im seeing it through rose coloured glasses, but i didnt think it looked forward.

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 7:55 am

How good is he...
He looks bigger in real life by the way.
Absolute gun.

Lawrence, garbage as usual.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:24 am

St. George's only game plan was 5 hit ups and bomb to Nabuli.

The Fresh Prince stood tall, he's MOM for mine purely on his defence, and he gave up a good six to eight inches to his countryman.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:47 am

Great catching style with the open wing arms - commentators even called it out.