Re: Cheers Benji!

Post by Demps » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 7:56 am

Every time he had the ball....
I kept thing...
Watch Benji mess this up somehow.

Same thoughts when he played with us.
Absolute trash.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:26 am

I've made my thoughts on Marshall well known in the past, but to be fair to him he was the only one having a go. Widdop & Rein were non-existent. He never was, and never will be, a halfback.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:46 am

There were 3 halves out there last night executing every play regardless of whether or not it was on. Luckily for us it was on 50% of the time and we got away to a good lead.

Benji was no worse than Brooks / Moses in the 2nd half. Only that he is much more experienced and should know better.

Benji also took some good jinking runs, I don't know why he suddenly puts the run away each game.

Love the old "inside ball to a forward" play Benji has taken over to the Dragons - never had us in trouble!

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:18 am

Did anyone else notice Benjis 'go to man' Tyson Fritzel ? Everytime Fritzel got the ball it was from a Benji pass, soo predictable, all teams have to do is cover him cause you can bet your ass that's who's getting the ball off Benji and Benji won't run himself.

Snapper

Post by Snapper » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:30 am

Why, but and if, good riddance.
Have not regretted ones him leaving.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:48 am

I still think he could make a good centre. Just take the playmaking responsibilities off him.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 11:07 am

jirskyr wrote:There were 3 halves out there last night executing every play regardless of whether or not it was on. Luckily for us it was on 50% of the time and we got away to a good lead.

Benji was no worse than Brooks / Moses in the 2nd half. Only that he is much more experienced and should know better.

Benji also took some good jinking runs, I don't know why he suddenly puts the run away each game.

Love the old "inside ball to a forward" play Benji has taken over to the Dragons - never had us in trouble!
we tried that a few more times than id like to mention to no real effect as well.

should have threw it down that left edge again to simona but rather than going out to richards again cut back against the grain.

i had a feeling that after some real trouble richards wreaked they would slide a lot harder leaving a nice hole for simona to squeeze through.

ahh well, something for the team to learn from hopefully
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 12:03 pm

I must admit that I was totally gutted when Benji left. He is still arguably the greatest player the Tigers ever had and easily the most electric, exciting player I have ever seen.

Like other Benji lovers I tended to look at him only rose-coloured glasses. His legacy was so strong that he was allowed the odd crap game. But last night's game was really not too different to countless games he played for us, I just couldn't see it when he wore our jersey. Geez he was woeful. Everytime he got the ball I felt he was about to stuff up and invariably he did. A former great of our club playing so very badly, it was sad!
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

BlackandGoldForever

Post by BlackandGoldForever » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 12:50 pm

Benji never ever matured as a player that was the problem, when he was young he was flashy fast, skillful, then from 06 to 08 he basically missed those years because of injury, 09 to 11, he was in his prime and at his best, when 2012 came he put on weight was another year older lost his speed, unlike players like Lockyer who could change the way he could play, Benji couldn't do that kept trying to do flashy stupid stuff which he could no longer do at his age, couldn't close out games, it would be 12-10 with 1 to go and he would still try and flick pass 5 meters out from our line. he never will be a closer or a mature player that can close games out, in 05 Prince was the one that did it for us.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 12:53 pm

has he matured as a person?

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

BlackandGoldForever

Post by BlackandGoldForever » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 2:41 pm

still goes on the footy show so nope he hasn't

also he was going on about loyalty on NRL 360 how it still exists... please Benji out of all people to talk about loyalty, you don't even have loyalty for the game of Rugby League

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 2:56 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:He just tries way too much to overplay his hand. Like when he took the quick tap and made 30m, instead of taking the tackle, he throws a dumb pass that Nightingale wasn't expecting and drops it. These are mistakes that you never see guys like Cronk or Thurston make. Incredible the amount of rookie mistakes that are in his game. He'll never ever learn.
Agree, definitely over plays it....

Thurston actually makes about the same amount of errors Benji does, just different errors normally throwing big face balls, dont look quite as bad.

Cronk is a machine, he never makes a mistake. (almost never)