Player stats from tonight

Geo.

Re: Player stats from tonight

Post by Geo. » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:46 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:Galloway was very good again, I wonder if the usual suspects will continue to bag him.

Works for Rowdy..

Great Stuff Galloway...special mention Buchanan - 81 metres in attack, 16 tackles in about 20mins..only bloke not to miss a tackle...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

willow

Post by willow » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:48 pm

Geo. wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:Galloway was very good again, I wonder if the usual suspects will continue to bag him.

Works for Rowdy..

Great Stuff Galloway...special mention Buchanan - 81 metres in attack, 16 tackles in about 20mins..only bloke not to miss a tackle...
Buchanan is going about his business nicely this season. Definitely stronger than last year and gets through a lot of work with minimum of fuss.

Angry Tiger 1

Post by Angry Tiger 1 » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:55 pm

Great stats from everybody. I am starting to get excited about this team already. Damn it!

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:55 pm

If he can keep up what seems a newly found fire in his belly, Im off his case...

That said, I think its fair to hold a torch to him when he is capable of putting in efforts as he has thus far this season, though trotted out uninspired bog stock average for us for a good while.

Anyway, he deserves the wraps he is getting this season, he is having a propper dig again. Believe me I am glad to be eating humble pie, just hope it makes me fat eating it over the full season.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:59 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
If he can keep up what seems a newly found fire in his belly, Im off his case...

That said, I think its fair to hold a torch to him when he is capable of putting in efforts as he has thus far this season, though trotted out uninspired bog stock average for us for a good while.

Anyway, he deserves the wraps he is getting this season, he is having a propper dig again. Believe me I am glad to be eating humble pie, just hope it makes me fat eating it over the full season.
Was all to do with injury, not effort.

underdog

Post by underdog » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:04 pm

Buchanan made a brilliant one on one tackle on Ah-Mau when there was wide open space either side of him.

Top shelf.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:05 pm

Santi did more than I thought, didn't really notice him and thought he must have only played very few minutes.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:12 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote: Was all to do with injury, not effort.
must have been injured for a few yrs then...

Even digging into Sauce, I always maintained he was a corner stone type prop, super consistant, in the starting line up more for his ability to absorb the opening barrages, solid defence, and cookie-cutting the performance week in week out.

This season he is hitting it up with venom. Thats attitude.

Anyway, Im not here to bag him, more to say Im off his case and congratulate him on his new found fire.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:19 pm

Siro to me is not running with the venom of some of the other forwards. He stills seems to be running like a back and trying to jink and step his way through the line, rather than hit the ball at pace and playing the power game. Defensively he is a lot better than last year

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:25 pm

He gets good metres after contact but I agree. I'd like to see him play more like Taupau and less like Woods. He has a huge frame carved from granite. He could bust tackles and put guys on their backsides but he seems more to be looking to ballplay before and after the line. Probably being coached to play that way since he's a five-eighth that outgrew the jersey. I'm liking what I'm seeing from him so far.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 11:12 pm

much better from sue
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 12:16 am

yep the forum should leave Sue alone after tonight. He has had a few injury worries in recent years.

Strong all round game.

How good were Tapau and Sue dragging other defenders away to avoid the penalty.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 4:02 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
Black'n'White wrote:

Was all to do with injury, not effort.
unfortunately alot of people don't understand how debilitating a toe injury can be.
last week a future hall of fame nfl player had to retire because of it before he reached 30 and leaving a 8 mil contract on the table.
he said he felt like he was running with a flat tire.

good to see sue getting some recognition this week from people.

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 7:59 am

Impressive all over the park.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:07 am

Sue and Galloway looked very good.

Was very happy with the Fresh Prince. His efforts in defence were second to none.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:09 am

Big turnaround from Sue who I thought was nowhere last week.
Great game this week - hope he can keep up that form.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:58 am

supercoach wrote:Siro to me is not running with the venom of some of the other forwards. He stills seems to be running like a back and trying to jink and step his way through the line, rather than hit the ball at pace and playing the power game. Defensively he is a lot better than last year
We are hitting Sue wide on the right, and he is trying to do that job, running holes at good pace. Problem is his hands aren't the greatest and the delivery honestly isn't terrific either. First half he catches the Brooks pass and he scores, but it hits him around the shoulders.

Siro definitely does not run hard enough for his size, he needs to be building momentum and aiming at holes. He is difficult to bring down at all times and he is a quick big young fellow.

In fact I think the pack all-around struggles for momentum at times. In the first half the entire pack was coming onto the ball deep and running into space, or carving back in behind the ruck. It was the momentum that was doing most of the damage.

Second half Dragons greatly increase their line speed, got in our faces, we were less effective.

Even blokes like Taupau, I don't want to see them getting the ball flat-footed and looking for someone to palm off.

Woods is a machine, even flat-footed he still makes yardage. What I will say however is that the more flat-footed he is, even though he still carries them another 10 metres, backing through the line, his play the balls slow right down.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:36 am

underdog wrote:Buchanan made a brilliant one on one tackle on Ah-Mau when there was wide open space either side of him.

Top shelf.
You get the feeling that Buchanan is only with us because we couldn't find anyone to offload him onto, but he has been good this pre-season and last night. I suspect he will continue to improve.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."