Luke Brooks

slm9

Luke Brooks

Post by slm9 » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 3:54 pm

Was brooks limping about at the back end of the game?

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Hbom

Post by Hbom » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 4:04 pm

slm9 wrote:Was brooks limping about at the back end of the game?

Looked like cramp.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 4:11 pm

Yep - must persist with both Brooks and Moses. It is unrealistic to expect them to be making a huge, and or even consistent, impact at this point of their first grade careers. We have invested heavily in them and we must allow them to develop their craft, given that they have been deemed as future stars. Their junior years show they have the skills, it is as much about confidence now, and experience. The coach, senior players, and the fans have to support them through this period if we want to get the best from them. IMO.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 4:31 pm

Hbom wrote:

Looked like cramp.

I think it's more than cramp...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 6:37 pm

turnstyle wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
king sirro wrote:
Clearly two guys who have not even watched Moses defend the last 2 weeks. His defence has been aggressive and outstanding.
Yep maybe they watched NYC and thought the 6 was Moses because how anyone could criticise Mitch's defense is beyond me. He has been great in both Round 1 and 2 in this aspect.

thanks for that, and my apologies for having an opinion that is different to yours.

any danger in disagreeing without completely disregarding an opinion and trying to make someone feel like crap in your response?

ill keep an open mind on moses and consider that i could be wrong about his defence.

you guys just stay gold...
Mate if there was a basis to your view, apart from Moses being small, I wouldnt be so dimissive. Moses has barely missed a tackle and has made a number of ball and all tackles on men far bigger than him.

Perhaps I wrongly assumed, given the lack of any reasons to criticise Moses' defense, that your view was simply having a go at young player who is having a very decent crack. If I was wrong in this regard I apologise.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 6:46 pm

Snapper wrote:
turnstyle wrote:i just seem to have a lot more confidence in brooks' development prospects than moses'. hopefully it is just because he has a season on him, but im happy for brooks to make mistakes and learn and improve, whereas moses seems to be either too much in his shell or a bit out of his depth at the moment.

also, brooks is a far better defender and tackler right now. i hope moses will put a little muscle on (without losing pace) and improve in that area.

patience, turnstyle... patience! :lol:
I agree specially about Moses he is a liability in defence.
I'm sure he would be singled out and targeted.

Moses had Ryan James running at him all night in round 1 and then had Joel Thompson running at him all game last night. He tackled very well. I think he's a tough kid. Played through injury in the lower grades and never backs down. Tough competitor.

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 7:15 pm

Moses defence has pleasantly surprised me.

I expected Brooks to come good, he was a noted defender through his junior days, quite liked to get in there, always a good sign.

Moses, I thought, would be like Brooks last year, take a year to adjust to NRL defense. He has been terrific.

Milky

Post by Milky » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 7:24 pm

Brooks missed three whilst Moses missed one, they both have solid defence.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 7:26 pm

they are no keary or reynolds atm

Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jctiger » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 7:52 pm

Hbom wrote:

Looked like cramp.

He came of with 5 to go

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:01 pm

southerntiger wrote:
king sirro wrote:
Snapper wrote:
turnstyle wrote:i just seem to have a lot more confidence in brooks' development prospects than moses'. hopefully it is just because he has a season on him, but im happy for brooks to make mistakes and learn and improve, whereas moses seems to be either too much in his shell or a bit out of his depth at the moment.

also, brooks is a far better defender and tackler right now. i hope moses will put a little muscle on (without losing pace) and improve in that area.

patience, turnstyle... patience! :lol:
I agree specially about Moses he is a liability in defence.
I'm sure he would be singled out and targeted.

Clearly two guys who have not even watched Moses defend the last 2 weeks. His defence has been aggressive and outstanding.
Yep maybe they watched NYC and thought the 6 was Moses because how anyone could criticise Mitch's defense is beyond me. He has been great in both Round 1 and 2 in this aspect.

Maybe they are watching 2013 replays and think Moses is Benji.

Whatever you guys are watching - stop it. Too many Quaaludes I'd say.

His defence is the best 5/8 defence we have had for 10 years. Remember Benji was the 5/8 for nearly all that time and basically couldn't tackle a wet paper bag.

This guy can and puts his body on the line. Don't ask for any more than that.

Now, lets get behind a great youngster talent instead of pulling him down.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:21 pm

I have been watching a replay on Fox this evening. It has reaffirmed my view that Moses's defense is very solid. Moses made a big misread for Saints try but that happens to the best defenders.

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:59 pm

Like most here reckon we should stick with Moses and Brooks long term. But Teddy is the only young gun champ at the moment. Moses would struggle to make firsts with another club at the moment and Brooks is in the bottom 4 1st grade halves IMO. Foran and Evans were rep standard at their age as were Alexander Lamb Marshall and others. One has to look at their control of our tem when Farah went off.

They will come good but their kicking game minus short grubbers is poor and will have to learn quickly if we will develop into a force this year.

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 10:14 pm

Magpie Magic wrote:Like most here reckon we should stick with Moses and Brooks long term. But Teddy is the only young gun champ at the moment. Moses would struggle to make firsts with another club at the moment and Brooks is in the bottom 4 1st grade halves IMO. Foran and Evans were rep standard at their age as were Alexander Lamb Marshall and others. One has to look at their control of our tem when Farah went off.

They will come good but their kicking game minus short grubbers is poor and will have to learn quickly if we will develop into a force this year.
Im DCE biggest fan, but to be accurate, DCE was still in QLD cup at the age Brooks and Moses are at the moment.

Foran was at a similar point to Moses, played about 8 games at the end of his last NYC season and straight in the following year.

So he is on target with the modern halves excluding Pearce, who started at a very young age.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Wed 18 Mar, 2015 11:55 pm

southerntiger wrote: Mate if there was a basis to your view, apart from Moses being small, I wouldnt be so dimissive. Moses has barely missed a tackle and has made a number of ball and all tackles on men far bigger than him.

Perhaps I wrongly assumed, given the lack of any reasons to criticise Moses' defense, that your view was simply having a go at young player who is having a very decent crack. If I was wrong in this regard I apologise.
I have seen him bounce off plenty of tackles (possibly doesn't count as a missed tackle when your teammates finish the job properly for you).

Being small is no excuse whatsoever: Regardless of size it's part of his job to hold his own as a one on one defender and obviously he has been singled out by opposition teams because he isn't YET up to this task at NRL level.

Right or wrong, this was my take on him, and therefore constitutes both my basis and reason for my view.

Maybe I am just wrong?! (Happened once in 2003, so it is a possibility... ;) ).
Completely open to admitting I am (don't have the time nor inclination to re watch first two games) and will watch him objectively in coming weeks. I'm not opinionated and see being wrong as a good way to learn.

With respect, you are wrong in thinking I'm just having a go at a kid trying his heart out. I'm a tigers fan through and through and would genuinely love for Moses to become the player we all hope he will be for them for many years to come. So thank you for the apology on that aspect. :)

...Hopefully in the coming weeks it will be me apologising for an unfair criticism of him! I can just see it now (for those of us old enough to remember):