Luke Brooks

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3055
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm

Luke Brooks

Unread post by Eddie » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:55 pm

There were times there where he lacked some vision.

Andrew Johns made some good points on the radio on the way home from the game. He seems to be making his mind up before he passes the ball which runner he is going to hit. 2 or 3 times ha them on the rack near the goal line. Brooks through some really poor passes to players that were either running decoys or in poor position to make a play.

I don't want to seem like I am bagging him. Because he clearly has a lot of up side and had a hand in a couple of tries. However down on their goal line tonight he seemed a bit robotic at times.


User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 29976
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth

Unread post by willow » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:01 pm

The thing is, both Brooks and Moses are far from their best at the moment and will only get better as the season goes IMO. Certainly frustrating at times from a fan's perspective, but we need to be patient with them.

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7872
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Unread post by MacDougall » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:02 pm

Maybe Johns will pack it up at Manly now that Foran and Cherry-Evans are gone and we can snap him up to coach our halves.

tsjonathan
Member
Member
Posts: 1653
Joined: Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:04 pm

Unread post by tsjonathan » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:02 pm

Eddie wrote:There were times there where he lacked some vision.

Andrew Johns made some good points on the radio on the way home from the game. He seems to be making his mind up before he passes the ball which runner he is going to hit. 2 or 3 times ha them on the rack near the goal line. Brooks through some really poor passes to players that were either running decoys or in poor position to make a play.

I don't want to seem like I am bagging him. Because he clearly has a lot of up side and had a hand in a couple of tries. However down on their goal line tonight he seemed a bit robotic at times.
Yeh he did, had some real bad passes, likewise Moses taking wrong options. But it will take time. They will make their fair share of mistakes. If I remember correctly Teddy took some time to come good too. But there is a lot to look forward to seeing those three develop.

User avatar
LaT
Member
Member
Posts: 3468
Joined: Fri 07 Jan, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: NSW
Contact:

Unread post by LaT » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:02 pm

Not sure about the tactic of all those mid field bombs, its frustrating and you have to wonder why Taylor is pushing it.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!


supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6344
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Unread post by supercoach » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:09 pm

Brooks with every mistake he will get better, its a massive learning curve. At least he is trying to ball play and be creative. He just has to remain positive and upbeat

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25109
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:09 pm

Watching again now..Brooks puts in a lovely kick for Tedesco....do that once a week I'll take it...plenty of chances created ...execution will get better
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

User avatar
LaT
Member
Member
Posts: 3468
Joined: Fri 07 Jan, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: NSW
Contact:

Unread post by LaT » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:15 pm

Geo. wrote:Watching again now..Brooks puts in a lovely kick for Tedesco....do that once a week I'll take it...plenty of chances created ...execution will get better
There was also one in the 2nd half that only terrific vision from Widdop stopped a repeat effort.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

larrycorowa
Member
Member
Posts: 1732
Joined: Fri 19 Feb, 2010 1:47 pm

Unread post by larrycorowa » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:54 pm

Give him time....they got a bit frantic in the 2nd half

User avatar
Spartan117
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5546
Joined: Wed 07 Oct, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Picnic Point, Sydney

Unread post by Spartan117 » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 11:05 pm

Brooks and Moses are growing into their roles, 3 years and they will be the DCE and Foran of their Generation.


Lets just hope the club..... you know

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36473
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 11:15 pm

Spartan117 wrote:Brooks and Moses are growing into their roles, 3 years and they will be the DCE and Foran of their Generation.


Lets just hope the club..... you know
I think they are riding on Robbie's and Teddy's coat tails at the moment Spartan

I don't have an issue with that , but Brooks choices at times in attack have to be questioned

You either do have vision or you don't

User avatar
turnstyle
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2041
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:30 pm
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Unread post by turnstyle » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 2:06 am

i just seem to have a lot more confidence in brooks' development prospects than moses'. hopefully it is just because he has a season on him, but im happy for brooks to make mistakes and learn and improve, whereas moses seems to be either too much in his shell or a bit out of his depth at the moment.

also, brooks is a far better defender and tackler right now. i hope moses will put a little muscle on (without losing pace) and improve in that area.

patience, turnstyle... patience! :lol:
Image

User avatar
bonstonker
Member
Member
Posts: 1385
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 2:14 am
Location: Louisiana,usa

Unread post by bonstonker » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 4:04 am

i don't think the ceiling on brooks is as high as people think.

spearby
Member
Member
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 7:23 pm

Unread post by spearby » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 7:50 am

I am brooks biggest fan but the second half was shocking no structure keeps passing to siro near the line mix it up son the defence knows what you are going to do

User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Unread post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 7:58 am

Andrew Johns' comments after the game concern me a little, as Eddie says.

He said Brooks looks as though he is pre-planning which pass to throw/option to take BEFORE he gets the ball, and he sticks with this option regardless of what happens.

I expect inconsistency for Brooks and Moses but they have both been ordinary for two weeks in a row.

User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3172
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am

Unread post by cktiger » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:01 am

turnstyle wrote:i just seem to have a lot more confidence in brooks' development prospects than moses'. hopefully it is just because he has a season on him, but im happy for brooks to make mistakes and learn and improve, whereas moses seems to be either too much in his shell or a bit out of his depth at the moment.

also, brooks is a far better defender and tackler right now. i hope moses will put a little muscle on (without losing pace) and improve in that area.

patience, turnstyle... patience! :lol:
You seriously think Brooks defends better than Moses?
Over the last two weeks they have tried to steamroll him all over the park, and especially on the line, and he hasn't missed a beat.

Pokies
Member
Member
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu 24 Sep, 2009 4:27 pm

Unread post by Pokies » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:19 am

I think he needs to take on the line more often. It will open up his passing lanes as the defence won't be so keen to rush up on his outside. He's certainly quick enough to beat his man on the outside or with some footwork.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 4903
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Unread post by jirskyr » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:43 am

It's also hard to judge when you are up by 20 and you spent the first 30 mins of the game hammering the opposition.

Dragons improved their defence, esp line speed, greatly in the second half and we kept executing plays regardless of their improved structure. It's hard to say to a young fellow: "stop pulling the trigger on those plays" when they worked great for 30 mins and you are up by several tries.

Post Reply

Return to “Round 2: Wests Tigers vs St George Illawarra Dragons”

cron