Luke Brooks

Geo.

Re: Luke Brooks

Post by Geo. » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:47 am

Some pretty harsh critics here...maybe he needs to treble his TRY assists from 3 to 9..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

Snapper

Post by Snapper » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:10 am

turnstyle wrote:i just seem to have a lot more confidence in brooks' development prospects than moses'. hopefully it is just because he has a season on him, but im happy for brooks to make mistakes and learn and improve, whereas moses seems to be either too much in his shell or a bit out of his depth at the moment.

also, brooks is a far better defender and tackler right now. i hope moses will put a little muscle on (without losing pace) and improve in that area.

patience, turnstyle... patience! :lol:
I agree specially about Moses he is a liability in defence.
I'm sure he would be singled out and targeted.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:39 am

Loved the opening 20 minutes tonight from both the halves. Without Moses there, it wouldnt of happened and watching halves switching sides to link up is a magnificent site in RL.

Luke made some poor choices in the middle of that game, but its to be expected at this stage of his career. The beauty about his poor choices, he was trying and he kept trying. He never stopped and that is great to see also. Nothing wrong with mistakes... Its how we learn.

One thing which will need addressing from Taylor, is both Mitchell and Luke were required to make 18 Tackles each tonight. This cant happen if we want to see the best of these kids.

Keep it up Kid... Your a STAR!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:43 am

Snapper wrote:
turnstyle wrote:i just seem to have a lot more confidence in brooks' development prospects than moses'. hopefully it is just because he has a season on him, but im happy for brooks to make mistakes and learn and improve, whereas moses seems to be either too much in his shell or a bit out of his depth at the moment.

also, brooks is a far better defender and tackler right now. i hope moses will put a little muscle on (without losing pace) and improve in that area.

Clearly two guys who have not even watched Moses defend the last 2 weeks. His defence has been aggressive and outstanding.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:53 am

Yeah i dunno who they are watching.....Moses bangs.

keeps making one on one try savers and puts his body on the line big time!

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:54 am

Both halves need to take the line on more. I thought Moses' touches were good but he needs to get more involved. Brooks, on the other hand, needs to realise when the play has gone south and he should just duck his head and run or take a hit.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 10:07 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:Andrew Johns' comments after the game concern me a little, as Eddie says.

He said Brooks looks as though he is pre-planning which pass to throw/option to take BEFORE he gets the ball, and he sticks with this option regardless of what happens.

I expect inconsistency for Brooks and Moses but they have both been ordinary for two weeks in a row.
That comment is concerning HT. I hope JT is spending a bit of time with Brooks ,teaching and guiding him. I hope he will improve with each game we play.
I wouldn't mind seeing Drinkwater in for a game or two sometime soon.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 10:11 am

king sirro wrote:
Snapper wrote:

Clearly two guys who have not even watched Moses defend the last 2 weeks. His defence has been aggressive and outstanding.
Yep maybe they watched NYC and thought the 6 was Moses because how anyone could criticise Mitch's defense is beyond me. He has been great in both Round 1 and 2 in this aspect.

Gray

Post by Gray » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 10:14 am

LaT wrote:
Geo. wrote:Watching again now..Brooks puts in a lovely kick for Tedesco....do that once a week I'll take it...plenty of chances created ...execution will get better
There was also one in the 2nd half that only terrific vision from Widdop stopped a repeat effort.
And also the one on the inside for Teddy that was perfectly placed but so was Matautia'a.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 11:03 am

i thought widdop was absolutely phenomenal for the dragons, especially in D. if he hadnt played we definitely would have cracked 6 or 7 tries.

he was solid in attack too, but not saying much given how crap his whole team was.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 11:06 am

pHyR3 wrote:i thought widdop was absolutely phenomenal for the dragons, especially in D. if he hadnt played we definitely would have cracked 6 or 7 tries.

he was solid in attack too, but not saying much given how crap his whole team was.
Agreed... He was there best last night.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 11:52 am

i wonder if JT changed the tactics at 1/2 time, because that 2nd 1/2 we played so flat in attack there was no out the back plays like the 1st 1/2. but yes they will take time to get it right, thought both Brooks and Moses defended well.

yeti

Post by yeti » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 11:58 am

Masterton wrote:Both halves need to take the line on more. I thought Moses' touches were good but he needs to get more involved. Brooks, on the other hand, needs to realise when the play has gone south and he should just duck his head and run or take a hit.
Agree - there were times there last night in the second half that Brooks should've just dug into the line and taken the tackle. It looked like they all lacked a little patience in that second period - attempting to score off every play instead of building pressure. It's early days, and I'm sure Taylor will address these issues.
All in all, I like the look of the way this team is playing and the immense potential for the team to 'click' and put on 50 against someone before too long.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 1:59 pm

southerntiger wrote:
king sirro wrote:
Yep maybe they watched NYC and thought the 6 was Moses because how anyone could criticise Mitch's defense is beyond me. He has been great in both Round 1 and 2 in this aspect.

thanks for that, and my apologies for having an opinion that is different to yours.

any danger in disagreeing without completely disregarding an opinion and trying to make someone feel like crap in your response?

ill keep an open mind on moses and consider that i could be wrong about his defence.

you guys just stay gold...

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 2:04 pm

cktiger wrote:

You seriously think Brooks defends better than Moses?
Over the last two weeks they have tried to steamroll him all over the park, and especially on the line, and he hasn't missed a beat.
at the moment i do, yes. but then i am more than willing to watch closer in coming weeks and admit i am wrong if that is the case.

thanks for disagreeing and putting your point across in a mature way CK!

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 2:27 pm

yeti wrote:
Masterton wrote:Both halves need to take the line on more. I thought Moses' touches were good but he needs to get more involved. Brooks, on the other hand, needs to realise when the play has gone south and he should just duck his head and run or take a hit.
Agree - there were times there last night in the second half that Brooks should've just dug into the line and taken the tackle. It looked like they all lacked a little patience in that second period - attempting to score off every play instead of building pressure. It's early days, and I'm sure Taylor will address these issues.
All in all, I like the look of the way this team is playing and the immense potential for the team to 'click' and put on 50 against someone before too long.
Agreed... Build Pressure!

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 2:36 pm

yup there were 3 plays - 2 by brooks when he passed forward or too late at the line resulting in a turnover and naiqama's pass at about the 75 minute mark when we had the line break

this is why players like richards, lawrence and halatau are important. they can calm the nerves and stop these things from happening again.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 2:44 pm

Brooks is doing some very good stuff and at times shows real class.
But at this stage he is fighting with himself to play controlled footy, yet still, when approriate play what he sees.
As a kid coming through, he would of just played what was in front of him and carved, but at this level, the players react and close him down.
He is caught half way and at times second guessing himself.
Foran went through this stage as well, as time goes he will start taking the right option more an more often. Once more confident timing will be better as well.
He has had a few very good moments in the first 2 rounds, and I expect them to continue.