Lawrence

Eddie

Lawrence

Post by Eddie » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 9:59 pm

I am not a fan of him as a pleayer he any means but will give him a wrap tonight.

He did some really good donkey work tonight. Carting the ball up hard and straight and making good metres. He was mistake free which is important for a player that is good for a clanger or two.

The attack all went the other way so he didnt really get much if any ball as a true centre. His game actually resembled more of a backrower with the type of runs he was making. A future there perhaps.

However if he is up against Dylan Walker he will be tested a whole lot more next week.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 11:40 pm

Lawrence was strong tonight.
Clear what the plan is for him, get back quick for an early run and a hard edge run if they hit right.
Lovett the same last week.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 11:48 pm

I was holding out hope foolishly that injury free meant fast again but nope. When he ran to dive on that loose ball Widdop made him look like he was standing still.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 11:54 pm

MacDougall wrote:I was holding out hope foolishly that injury free meant fast again but nope. When he ran to dive on that loose ball Widdop made him look like he was standing still.
Was that the one where Naiqama dropped the bomb in the in-goal and Rowdy was there to clean up the dregs?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 1:59 am

Eddie wrote:I am not a fan of him as a pleayer he any means but will give him a wrap tonight.

He did some really good donkey work tonight. Carting the ball up hard and straight and making good metres. He was mistake free which is important for a player that is good for a clanger or two.

The attack all went the other way so he didnt really get much if any ball as a true centre. His game actually resembled more of a backrower with the type of runs he was making. A future there perhaps.

However if he is up against Dylan Walker he will be tested a whole lot more next week.
ha ha... ive always been a huge fan and thought that this was another lawrence bashing thread! nice to see others thought he was good tonight.

after last season i admit even i thought it was all over for him, but i was really pleased with his game tonight. he seems to be playing more of the old style inside centre at the moment and i personally dont mind having just a steadying, solid player in the backline. i guess richards is this type as well...but hey, i did say im a fan!! :lol:

agreed he ran the ball hard and right at them tonight. i just hope his body can take it over the course of a season and he can stay injury free.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:04 am

I thought he had a strong game, looked decent in space, strong defensively, tidied up a few loose balls.

People expecting Tedesco-like pace and Naiqama-like footwork are stuck in 2007.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:10 am

I have no complaints for him this game , thought he was solid .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:13 am

pedestrian and first grade pretender. has not looked like making a break or breaking a tackle for sometime now. when he gets the ball he exhibits same old plodding " running " style that offers no threat to the opposition, and the oppsition know it all too well.

i dont expect anything fron CL has he nothing to offer. oh, and i almost forgot his complete reluctance to challenge for high kicks.
rant over
I dislike sowfs immensely

TIGERS

Post by TIGERS » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 10:05 am

Blackpearl wrote:pedestrian and first grade pretender. has not looked like making a break or breaking a tackle for sometime now. when he gets the ball he exhibits same old plodding " running " style that offers no threat to the opposition, and the oppsition know it all too well.

i dont expect anything fron CL has he nothing to offer. oh, and i almost forgot his complete reluctance to challenge for high kicks.
rant over
No mate.
Teams do not go physically flat, they go mentally stale...

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Wed 18 Mar, 2015 12:11 am

Geo. wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I was holding out hope foolishly that injury free meant fast again but nope. When he ran to dive on that loose ball Widdop made him look like he was standing still.
Was that the one where Naiqama dropped the bomb in the in-goal and Rowdy was there to clean up the dregs?
Lol nah it was on the attack and the ball got knocked backwards by the Dragons and Lawrence was closest to it. Widdop came from behind him and got there easy with time to spare.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Wed 18 Mar, 2015 12:26 am

He was ok tonight. Error free. Good to see.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 18 Mar, 2015 1:11 am

He was ok last night

But he wasn't put under any pressure either

That's when we will get some answers to the many questions we have

Liddy

Post by Liddy » Wed 18 Mar, 2015 8:28 am

The real key to Lawrence's game will be his defence.
He will never beat a man on the outside and his footwork is limited at best.
In attack, his job will be to cart the ball forward and get a quick play the ball.
Somehow he needs to shut down the opposing centres, but with limited speed he really needs to jam in on them, because if they get to his outside, it's all over.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 18 Mar, 2015 8:38 am

The way I see it is that unless Lawrence gets a great deal elsewhere he will be in the starting 17 (I assume he's got a club TPA which would preclude him from wasting away in State Cup?)

In which case, all I want to see from him is that he defends cohesively with the man inside and outside of him and he runs the ball up hard. He is never going to be a strike centre again, so if they can use him as some sort of defensive psuedo-second rower and get him to stop leaking the points he was accustomed to in years gone by I consider that to be a significant improvement.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

tiger_one

Post by tiger_one » Wed 18 Mar, 2015 8:45 am

Chris is more the wide 2nd rower these days than the tearaway centre...

clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by clokan » Thu 19 Mar, 2015 8:40 pm

It was nice to see him have a solid game

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 19 Mar, 2015 8:59 pm

As he gets his confidence back - he will improve rapidly. that's to our advantage.

cunno

Post by cunno » Thu 19 Mar, 2015 9:18 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:The way I see it is that unless Lawrence gets a great deal elsewhere he will be in the starting 17 (I assume he's got a club TPA which would preclude him from wasting away in State Cup?)

In which case, all I want to see from him is that he defends cohesively with the man inside and outside of him and he runs the ball up hard. He is never going to be a strike centre again, so if they can use him as some sort of defensive psuedo-second rower and get him to stop leaking the points he was accustomed to in years gone by I consider that to be a significant improvement.
Has to improve under the high ball as well.