Disappointed not to get in...

Balmain Boy

Re: Disappointed not to get in...

Post by Balmain Boy » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 10:49 am

If someone was standing in the queue and realising it was going to be 30 mins before you could buy a ticket, wouldn't you just go on to Ticketek and buy a mobile ticket and just walk straight in? Would take 2 mins...?!

It's so easy, all it takes is a phone with mobile data, which nearly everyone has these days.

It's just common sense, surely?

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 10:49 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
cktiger wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote: If you can't buy online there's always a Ticketek outlet.

It's a suburban ground with sub standard facilities including minimal ticket windows - why people would risk rocking up just before the game is beyond me but they will now learn for next time.
Not that I was one stranded but in my case I wouldn't even know where a Ticketek outlet was - and besides, plenty of people just leave it until late to see what the weather is like.
You're right about one thing though - they will learn for next time.
They won't bother to go.
We need to change the culture of people leaving it until late to decide whether or not to go. You can buy tickets on your phone, it's so easy. There are Ticketek outlets everywhere.

The real issue seems to be that CSS has newly revamped ticket booths but still only two windows. Ridiculous.
Really this problem is best solved by selling more memberships. We have support equal to that of the Bulldogs and Eels yet for some reasons sell significantly less memberships.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 1:45 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:If someone was standing in the queue and realising it was going to be 30 mins before you could buy a ticket, wouldn't you just go on to Ticketek and buy a mobile ticket and just walk straight in? Would take 2 mins...?!

It's so easy, all it takes is a phone with mobile data, which nearly everyone has these days.

It's just common sense, surely?
As the saying goes, "common sense is not so common".

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 2:12 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
fergiefurr wrote:I'm sorry but you can't rock up to a game 10-15 mins before kick off and expect to waltz straight in.

In saying that Monday nights at campbelltown is a joke. Monday needs to be held exclusively at city venues. SFS, suncorp, maybe parra and kogarah but that's it. It's unrealistic to expect stadiums to be full at 7pm on a weeknight an hour from the city.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
i do it every week at ANZ?

no problems at leichardt either to be honest.

i think the problem is people turning up 10 minutes before kickoff and then trying to buy tickets. obviously there will be lines
I meant rock up and buy a ticket.

Also yes agree, leichhardt on Monday night would be fine too

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 2:22 pm

I think alot of people in this thread are taking the entirely wrong stance on this....

The reality is that the club has a product it wants to sell and profit from, live rugby league, had what would be considered a decent to moderately good turn up, and was unable to capitalise on it, and in turn lost money hence profits our club obviously needs.

I have a friend who got in for free half an hour odd into the game because the gates were opened due to the booths having no hope of coping.

The club failed in epic proportion with what is basic business fundamentals. It is the consumers right to choose the way they access the product, onus entirely on the business to be able to facilitate the access.

In essence, the Club not only gave away profits, but you can bet your bottom dollar that a percentage of what should have been consumers will have been jaded by the experience and likely not return next campbelltown game.

The club didnt just fail those who didnt get in. It failed us all by turning away money that could well have been used to further the ambitions of the club we all love.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 2:58 pm

Obviously having 2 ticket windows is appalling. Maybe there's never much of a walkup at CSS?

At Leichhardt there would always be at least 6. They hire a trailer/demountable thing and put that behind the hill with a few extra booths in it. Not pretty but it works.

So yes the onus is partially on the club, but the onus is also on the individual to ensure they are prepared to the extent they control to be sure not to miss any of the game. A fatality on the rail network can't really be anticipated. Not having a ticket before arrival can be.

I personally always try to leave early enough to factor in traffic/accidents and have tickets printed in advance. Just to be sure i don't miss my team. I got in to work early and left a little early. Not everyone may have a flexible workplace like me but there are often little things you can do to minimise any potential obstacles.

Ed Reschs

Post by Ed Reschs » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 3:31 pm

Why do they need to give people a ticket. Wouldn't it simply be easier to walk up and give someone a $20 note and walk in for GA. People that want to buy seats can queue for a ticket everyone else should be able to walk in like the old days. I don't ever remember queuing at Orana when we got 15-20k

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 3:36 pm

Ed Reschs wrote:Why do they need to give people a ticket. Wouldn't it simply be easier to walk up and give someone a $20 note and walk in for GA. People that want to buy seats can queue for a ticket everyone else should be able to walk in like the old days. I don't ever remember queuing at Orana when we got 15-20k
Ed - we didn't have to queue because we were playing. That decision by Bailey to introduce you to the Reschs DA is clearly paying dividends with your memory. Hope you haven't forgotten all the off field antics.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 4:24 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:Obviously having 2 ticket windows is appalling. Maybe there's never much of a walkup at CSS?

At Leichhardt there would always be at least 6. They hire a trailer/demountable thing and put that behind the hill with a few extra booths in it. Not pretty but it works.

So yes the onus is partially on the club, but the onus is also on the individual to ensure they are prepared to the extent they control to be sure not to miss any of the game. A fatality on the rail network can't really be anticipated. Not having a ticket before arrival can be.

I personally always try to leave early enough to factor in traffic/accidents and have tickets printed in advance. Just to be sure i don't miss my team. I got in to work early and left a little early. Not everyone may have a flexible workplace like me but there are often little things you can do to minimise any potential obstacles.

The onus is fully on the club - surely they would know how many windows for ticket sales are available - if they can provide a portable site at LO why can't they do it at Cambo. If you advertise that tickets can be purchased at the gate then it is good business to make sure that those who want to get in to the game this way can do so with the minimum of fuss. If you can't provide the service don't advertise and don't make it available.
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/ ... igers-win/