Disappointed not to get in...

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Disappointed not to get in...

Unread post by TrueTiger » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 6:30 am

Hello good forumers,got back from the game last night and was asked by the missus how the footy was.It was great watching it from the Wests Leagues Club,we couldn't get in due to mile long ques...

My missus tried to pick up tickets at Wests Leagues on Sat,but was turned away because you now have to purchase all tickets online if you haven't got a membership package..being a Monday night game,my friends and I said we will buy them at the gate...BAD decision....

11500 strong crowd,would of been 15000 if people could get tickets,many said to us as we walked to the stadium,hope your not going to the game ...you won't get in till halftime.

I STRONGLY urge people to purchase tickets before any of the games to avoid the disappointment we had,fair enough it was our mistake,but generally we always bought tickets before hand and now we have to use the other options...the result was good for the Tigers and you could hear the crowd screaming for them from the club.. 8-)

The 50 min trip up and back wasn't so bad since we won....and to confirm,there was an announcement at Leumeah station that a line was closed due to a fatality...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

larrycorowa

Unread post by larrycorowa » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 7:32 am

Poor management again. Hard enough getting people to Monday night games without stuffing them around.

larrycorowa

Unread post by larrycorowa » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 7:33 am

Sack the ticket seller.....he or she obviously was not fast enough

spearby

Unread post by spearby » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 7:38 am

management want a swift kick up the bum fair dinkum the club needs all the cash it can get . would this come under mayers management

hybrid_tiger

Unread post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:00 am

I don't understand why people don't purchase tickets beforehand. It is so easy.

cktiger

Unread post by cktiger » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:05 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:I don't understand why people don't purchase tickets beforehand. It is so easy.
Because some people don't know if they can get there until the day or maybe can't buy online. :roll:
It wasn't a crowd of 50,000 - it's not unreasonable to think you could get through a gate if you got there well before the game.

hybrid_tiger

Unread post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:07 am

cktiger wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:I don't understand why people don't purchase tickets beforehand. It is so easy.
Because some people don't know if they can get there until the day or maybe can't buy online. :roll:
It wasn't a crowd of 50,000 - it's not unreasonable to think you could get through a gate if you got there well before the game.
If you can't buy online there's always a Ticketek outlet.

It's a suburban ground with sub standard facilities including minimal ticket windows - why people would risk rocking up just before the game is beyond me but they will now learn for next time.

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Sabre » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:10 am

So much for Mayer hyping up swapping over from Proticket to Ticketek. This stuff never used to happen.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

cktiger

Unread post by cktiger » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:14 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
cktiger wrote:

It's a suburban ground with sub standard facilities including minimal ticket windows - why people would risk rocking up just before the game is beyond me but they will now learn for next time.
Not that I was one stranded but in my case I wouldn't even know where a Ticketek outlet was - and besides, plenty of people just leave it until late to see what the weather is like.
You're right about one thing though - they will learn for next time.
They won't bother to go.

Cultured Bogan

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:12 am

I fail to see how this is the clubs fault? They have online facility, there's Ticketek branches everywhere (most Westfield concierge desks double up as Ticketek desks,) and they had open.

Fair enough if you want to wait until the day to see if the weather is fine or you're waiting to see if other plans eventuate (i.e. get off work on time,) but the club does its darnedest to make it as easy as possible for fans to pre-purchase before the game. If you leave it to the last minute to walk up expecting to get a ticket, that's your problem.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

fergiefurr

Unread post by fergiefurr » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 10:05 am

I'm sorry but you can't rock up to a game 10-15 mins before kick off and expect to waltz straight in.

In saying that Monday nights at campbelltown is a joke. Monday needs to be held exclusively at city venues. SFS, suncorp, maybe parra and kogarah but that's it. It's unrealistic to expect stadiums to be full at 7pm on a weeknight an hour from the city.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by southerntiger » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 10:07 am

Sabre wrote:So much for Mayer hyping up swapping over from Proticket to Ticketek. This stuff never used to happen.

Pretty sure this has nothing to do with Ticketek. The club staffs the gates themselves. Ticketek is merely an offsite seller of tickets.

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 10:08 am

fergiefurr wrote:I'm sorry but you can't rock up to a game 10-15 mins before kick off and expect to waltz straight in.

In saying that Monday nights at campbelltown is a joke. Monday needs to be held exclusively at city venues. SFS, suncorp, maybe parra and kogarah but that's it. It's unrealistic to expect stadiums to be full at 7pm on a weeknight an hour from the city.

i do it every week at ANZ?

no problems at leichardt either to be honest.

i think the problem is people turning up 10 minutes before kickoff and then trying to buy tickets. obviously there will be lines
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

T-D-C

Unread post by T-D-C » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 10:09 am

Yeah Monday at Cambo is tough with the Traffic especially with the train station car park still being relativly full with commuters. Still managed to snag a spot and get in before kick off but felt really sorry for everyone lining up for tickets.

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Sabre » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 10:10 am

southerntiger wrote:
Sabre wrote:So much for Mayer hyping up swapping over from Proticket to Ticketek. This stuff never used to happen.

Pretty sure this has nothing to do with Ticketek. The club staffs the gates themselves. Ticketek is merely an offsite seller of tickets.

Really?
I thought normally with events it's ticketek staff working at the ticket gates.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by southerntiger » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 10:12 am

Sabre wrote:
southerntiger wrote:

Really?
I thought normally with events it's ticketek staff working at the ticket gates.
I could be wrong.

hybrid_tiger

Unread post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 10:35 am

cktiger wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:
cktiger wrote:

Not that I was one stranded but in my case I wouldn't even know where a Ticketek outlet was - and besides, plenty of people just leave it until late to see what the weather is like.
You're right about one thing though - they will learn for next time.
They won't bother to go.
We need to change the culture of people leaving it until late to decide whether or not to go. You can buy tickets on your phone, it's so easy. There are Ticketek outlets everywhere.

The real issue seems to be that CSS has newly revamped ticket booths but still only two windows. Ridiculous.

Blair Battalion

Unread post by Blair Battalion » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 10:46 am

It’s not exactly hard to purchase tickets online. Hell if you have a smart phone and you were in the line, you could have purchased your ticket on your mobile and walked straight past hundreds of people. I might come across as a little harsh, but the club is spending thousands of dollars to promote the fact that you have to pre purchase your tickets to avoid this sort of mess. Now, if I fly somewhere I certainly don’t just turn up at the airport, line up and get the airline to book me a seat on the plane.. it’s done in advance to guarantee me a seat. It's a culture thing that does need to be changed at this club.

Return to “Round 2: Wests Tigers vs St George Illawarra Dragons”