WESTS Tigers Team V Souff's

GNR4LIFE

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Souff's

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 7:49 pm

The formula is fine. Farah is taking a back seat this yr, he's going to be more of a catcher and passer than he has ever been imo. As Brooks and Moses develop and put their stamp on the team, Farah will be low key. He'll have his moment's, but i believe the guard is changing in regards to who our dominate play makers are going to be.

Milky

Post by Milky » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 7:49 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:it sounds as though you are giving us a chance
Yes. We will beat Souths.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 7:51 pm

Have a feeling this match is going to bring a few of us back down to earth.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 7:51 pm

you think like the players Milky - me too
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:06 pm

Was thinking today Funaki would be the stand by player. Lio would be good value though.

The team could use Akauola. x factor.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:12 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Have a feeling this match is going to bring a few of us back down to earth.
Hopefully gravity gets to do its work plenty of times Axel (to copy AHX), upon myself and other WT supporters leaping from our seats to celebrate. We may not win, but our forwards should be able to get us there or thereabouts.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by southerntiger » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:18 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:The formula is fine. Farah is taking a back seat this yr, he's going to be more of a catcher and passer than he has ever been imo. As Brooks and Moses develop and put their stamp on the team, Farah will be low key. He'll have his moment's, but i believe the guard is changing in regards to who our dominate play makers are going to be.
It seems that way doesnt it.

willow

Post by willow » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:18 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:Was thinking today Funaki would be the stand by player. Lio would be good value though.

Funaki is suspended. If Taupau is ruled out I expect Buchanan to come back in. Decent looking side all the same. This week will come down to which side can stay switched on for the full 80. I expect Souths to do this, I reckon we'll stick with them for 50-60 minutes.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:19 pm

same as sheens? hope not

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:32 pm

willow wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:Was thinking today Funaki would be the stand by player. Lio would be good value though.

Funaki is suspended. If Taupau is ruled out I expect Buchanan to come back in. Decent looking side all the same. This week will come down to which side can stay switched on for the full 80. I expect Souths to do this, I reckon we'll stick with them for 50-60 minutes.
Ok didnt know that, bad timing.

I expect the same from the game. we can match them for 60. Will be an achievement to get within 12 at the end.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 18 Mar, 2015 12:49 am

Don't be surprised if we see a few changes

I think JT will try and match the Wabbits in the forwards and hope that our 7,6 and 1 all fire on 10 cylinders

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Wed 18 Mar, 2015 3:44 am

would like to see taupau given the rest.
2 concussions back to back is not good and hopefully some common sense is used.

with that said i would love to see lodge go to lock and buchanan added to the bench.
got a feeling lodge would be great running off the back of woods and galloway.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 18 Mar, 2015 7:41 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Have a feeling this match is going to bring a few of us back down to earth.
I'm not optimistic. If we defend well and don't get thrashed I will happy with the effort.

We could ambush them again, but I would think last year would firmly be in their minds.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by southerntiger » Wed 18 Mar, 2015 7:48 am

Akaoula against Souths? Only if we are allowed to play with 14. One to cover for Sita's glaring defensive lapses.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by southerntiger » Wed 18 Mar, 2015 7:50 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
I'm not optimistic. If we defend well and don't get thrashed I will happy with the effort.

We could ambush them again, but I would think last year would firmly be in their minds.
I think we will lose. But a good loss wont bring many back to earth. No one thinks we are world beaters after 2 wins but I suspect most recognise the significant work that has gone into our structure over the offseason that was evident in the first two games.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Wed 18 Mar, 2015 8:11 am

Anythings possible and upsets happen, tho like most Im not expecting a win...though for the eternal optimists that like a punt im sure we'll be an attractive price $$$

edit: 4/1 h2h

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Wed 18 Mar, 2015 8:24 am

i'm just eager to see how we shape up defensively.
since the finals started last year no team has held them under 30 points.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 18 Mar, 2015 8:26 am

southerntiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:

I think we will lose. But a good loss wont bring many back to earth. No one thinks we are world beaters after 2 wins but I suspect most recognise the significant work that has gone into our structure over the offseason that was evident in the first two games.

I can't remember the last time that the wheels didn't fall off defensively. Year on year we went to sleep for parts of a game and let in two or three tries and placed undue pressure on our playmakers to make up the deficit or try to recover the margin as there was no faith in our defensive efforts to hold out on a small lead. If you're missing 30 odd tackles and only conceding one line break that's a pretty good representation of how the players have improved when it comes to defending as a team.

We're already ahead of where I thought we'd be this year. Taylor may continue to play to the plan in place with the hope that the attacking chances will stop being squandered. We should have won by at least 30 points against the Saints. Again, I'm not optimistic of the win, but as Ink says anything can happen on the day. You're a 50/50 chance just by turning up.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.