Today's playing jersey

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Re: Today's playing jersey

Post by turnstyle » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 10:59 pm

i like it.

i like the usage of grey. i think it is a modern colour that has a lot of wide reaching appeal to the general (league ignorant even?) public as well as many tigers fans who would like to combine the club jersey with clothing they can wear every day (unless you're a kid wearing a footy jersey around is not all that common...not where im from anyway!).

i also dont mind it superseding black in the alternate jersey as black was a commonality in both the formation clubs' jerseys and so neither side of the balmain vs wests dichotomy can complain - although some seem to think it is a magpies conspiracy?! im from balmain heritage (since 1981-2ish) and love the white....

another thing i really like about the whole concept is - as stated previously - that it is a symbolic move that galvanises the Wests Tigers as an entity in and of itself and not simply a move to appease fans still clinging to the past and insisting on having all of black, orange and white on the jersey.

sure it is a very merchandising oriented move, but this to me also represents the club getting with the times and capitalising on a very lucrative market: like it or not, most people wont wear a shirt that is so in your face orange unless they are off to a game. white and grey with orange trim though? people will, as has been evidenced by a few posters saying their wives and kids like them.

this is good business sense.

it still makes more sense for fans at the game to wear predominantly black or orange jerseys, but these new ones open up a previously untapped source of brand recognition for the tiges.

:blah :blah :blah :lol:

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 11:14 pm

Six pages on a jersey, and more Wests vs. Balmain arguments.

This club is doomed, honestly...

turnstyle

Post by turnstyle » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 11:26 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:Six pages on a jersey, and more Wests vs. Balmain arguments.

This club is doomed, honestly...
:lol:

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 11:37 pm

turnstyle wrote:i like it.

i like the usage of grey. i think it is a modern colour that has a lot of wide reaching appeal to the general (league ignorant even?) public as well as many tigers fans who would like to combine the club jersey with clothing they can wear every day (unless you're a kid wearing a footy jersey around is not all that common...not where im from anyway!).

i also dont mind it superseding black in the alternate jersey as black was a commonality in both the formation clubs' jerseys and so neither side of the balmain vs wests dichotomy can complain - although some seem to think it is a magpies conspiracy?! im from balmain heritage (since 1981-2ish) and love the white....

another thing i really like about the whole concept is - as stated previously - that it is a symbolic move that galvanises the Wests Tigers as an entity in and of itself and not simply a move to appease fans still clinging to the past and insisting on having all of black, orange and white on the jersey.

sure it is a very merchandising oriented move, but this to me also represents the club getting with the times and capitalising on a very lucrative market: like it or not, most people wont wear a shirt that is so in your face orange unless they are off to a game. white and grey with orange trim though? people will, as has been evidenced by a few posters saying their wives and kids like them.

this is good business sense.

it still makes more sense for fans at the game to wear predominantly black or orange jerseys, but these new ones open up a previously untapped source of brand recognition for the tiges.

:blah :blah :blah :lol:
I went to the game today with a girl who had never been to a rugby league match in her life and I asked her which jersey she wanted to wear: ANZAC, Heritage, White jersey. As I bought 3 this year and she chose the white one. Said it was simple and " clean" design.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 11:42 pm

eeew! ugly!
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

turnstyle

Post by turnstyle » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 11:43 pm

turnstyle wrote: ...has a lot of wide reaching appeal to the general (league ignorant even?) public as well as many tigers fans who would like to combine the club jersey with clothing they can wear every day...
tsjonathan wrote: I went to the game today with a girl who had never been to a rugby league match in her life and I asked her which jersey she wanted to wear: ANZAC, Heritage, White jersey. As I bought 3 this year and she chose the white one. Said it was simple and " clean" design.
see? the club is now one jersey sale profit richer! :lol:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 11:48 pm

Read It again ts already bought the jersey's the nice young lady just wore it...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 11:55 pm

I actuallly dont think this is a wests v bal thing at all........just the grey.

I am from the Balmain side and i love the black jersey with the V, but that thing today is just so noooo

turnstyle

Post by turnstyle » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 12:11 am

Geo. wrote:Read It again ts already bought the jersey's the nice young lady just wore it...
:oops: damn, and i was just allowed back off the naughty spot!

okay then: this proves people who know nothing about league like the jersey!!! :lol:

Jerry Seinfeld

Post by Jerry Seinfeld » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 12:37 am

southerntiger wrote:
tigerbalm wrote:
southerntiger wrote:United mate. I support this side. However, saying its clear that Magpies are now dominating the JV and management is following their bosses is hardly controversial.

No way that jersey would have been approved 12 months ago.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Just to be clear, you're saying the grey in the jersey is to appease the great magpie overlord?

You don't really believe that do you?

Do you think this is part of a long plan where every year the grey will get a shade darker, and, in 10-15 years being completely black and white?

Not really. However, the timing of abandoning orange/gold is interesting.

And the time of you ceasing ridiculing ex magpies (after 15 long years of it)for their gripes with the jersey is "equally interesting"as you now begin to whinge about the jersey. :lol: :lol: Seriously we are Wests Tigers and the grey is not from the Magpie Mafia I assure you.

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 12:37 am

so people will be buying more of these grey jersey's to wear when not at the game?!?!

i don't know, i've got a couple of jersey's and i don't think i'd ever wear it out on the town.

it should have been a training jersey, nothing more.

Jerry Seinfeld

Post by Jerry Seinfeld » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 12:39 am

simonthetiger wrote:I actuallly dont think this is a wests v bal thing at all........just the grey.

I am from the Balmain side and i love the black jersey with the V, but that thing today is just so noooo

Me thinks you are really upset about the white considering the grey on it was the size of a bees you know what. ;) :sign: :sign: :sign:

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 12:18 pm

Geo. wrote:Read It again ts already bought the jersey's the nice young lady just wore it...
She didn't actually want to wear any of the them LOL (Heritage/ANZAC/Grey one)

I forced her to choose one and she chose the grey/white one. I think I am the only one who wears the grey jersey and likes it...

Abraham

Post by Abraham » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 12:20 pm

I don't see how the 'grey' is in any way connected to western suburbs.

Its no different to the black strip on the side of the souths jersey, the grey the bulldogs had on their jersey a few years back, the broncos teal (blue) monstrosity, or the lonely purple stripe on the 'Sydney Tigers' jersey back in the mid-90's (that jersey will haunt me forever).

Just a colour that some kid out of design school thought would sell a few more jumpers. No need for the conspiracy theories or the paranoia.

Kul

Post by Kul » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 12:21 pm

I really don't understand why this couldn't have been done:
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 12:28 pm

Kul wrote:I really don't understand why this couldn't have been done:
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bzq0RWBCUAEKG9U.jpg[/img]
Because it wasnt snazzy enough for the marketing consultants to charge large fees.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 12:37 pm

See I like that white one!!

I dont hate white.....but i like the V and i hate grey.

Stoooopidest jumper we have ever had...

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 1:35 pm

I'm with SST and Kul on this one ......... terrible jersey ..... I don't know how grey got on there.
Hopefully will never happen again. Kuls design above is infinitely better.