Gutsy effort but we need more impact off bench

Newtown

Re: Gutsy effort but we need more impact off bench

Post by Newtown » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:02 pm

larrycorowa wrote:Our 6 & 7 need to run it more, kicking game was poor and there was a general lack of control that started around 30 min mark when we were getting on top.

We will improve, but we are a long way from top 4 material, may sneak a place in the 8.
Moses is not quite ready for 1st grade. Drinkwater must come in to 5/8. Probably won't happen going on a couple of past Wests Tigers selections, last year and this year, which defy logic.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:02 pm

Did our halves play? Am I missing something with brooks? I've been waiting for something from him to show what all the hype was about, I'm not seeing anything special, I'm seeing really weak defence though. Im not expecting miracles but I just can't see anything that excites me about his game yet.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:08 pm

Newtown wrote:
larrycorowa wrote:Our 6 & 7 need to run it more, kicking game was poor and there was a general lack of control that started around 30 min mark when we were getting on top.

We will improve, but we are a long way from top 4 material, may sneak a place in the 8.
Moses is not quite ready for 1st grade. Drinkwater must come in to 5/8. Probably won't happen going on a couple of past Wests Tigers selections, last year and this year, which defy logic.
Agree , Moses reminds me of Daniel Mortimer , shows some flashes but goes missing for a lot of the game .
Both Moses & Brooks need to back themselves and run the ball more .

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:09 pm

we lost it in the backs, the pigs did their job

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:10 pm

Adjusting to Taylor's structured play. Not quite getting it. There have been glimpses but, both him and Moses are only rated a pass mark. Things start to click (we were well on top after Robbie's try) and then we start to get over excited and push the pass....the good teams then make you pay. Discipline was poor today (Robbie's stupid reaction cost us the half-time lead).

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:13 pm

Bench wasn't the issue the dropping of the pill and the pushed passes are however...nothing that can't be fixed but worrying it's happened 3 weeks in a row now
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:14 pm

according to Geo's team selection for the canterbury bulldogs game - what we need right now is a team
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:17 pm

larrycorowa wrote:Adjusting to Taylor's structured play. Not quite getting it. There have been glimpses but, both him and Moses are only rated a pass mark. Things start to click (we were well on top after Robbie's try) and then we start to get over excited and push the pass....the good teams then make you pay. Discipline was poor today (Robbie's stupid reaction cost us the half-time lead).
So true. Our playmaking 1/2 and 5/8 need much more work on their composure. When they lose composure they lose creativity which is what they are on the field for. Moses' game would have to be rated one of the worst of today's performers. He hasn't shown much at all this season.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:20 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Beau Scott would be handy.
Stirrer hehehe

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:20 pm

Moses was no worse than Brooks today. I rate him higher even tbh.

Here's what I struggle with. Other sides halves for years always find grass when they clear it to us. Ours ALWAYS go to someone. What is it? Is it our backs not covering the kicks well or our kickers not being accurate enough or knowing where to kick... is it our forwards not pressuring their kickers as much as ours do? Do our halves not stand deep enough to take more time placing the kick? Farah finds the grass but the other two seem to not be able to.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:22 pm

Brooks was better
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:28 pm

littletiger wrote:Lamar in Santi out
Lamar not in - Santi stays in

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:42 pm

Ava, Lodge, Akauola and Halatau for mine.

Ava for Keef after 15
Dene for Marty after 20
Lodge for Woods after 30
Akauola for Farah, Keef for Ava after 35
Farah for Halatau after 50
Taupau for Galloway, Ava for Lodge after 55
Woods for Akauola after 60
Galloway for Ava after 65.

There's my 10 subs, and the smallest we'll be is Ava, Dene and Lodge. Also has the forwards playing in different combinations rather than a straight platoon swap.
If necessary, Sue, Sirro and Sita can rotate between back row and lock; either to mix it up on offence or to share the defensive load.

Last edited by VanillaThunder on Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:43 pm

Here we go again.
Patience, Patience and more patience.
Someone says top 4, no one has ever said top 4 for this year - 8 maybe has been the target.
"Robbie finds the grass, the other two don't" - you do realise Robbie is a SOO and Australian player at 29-30 years of age and the other two haven't got 50 NRL games or total 50 years of age between them.

Don't let that worry you. It is better to bring in Drinkwater for a short term fix and then start all over again with Brooks when you realise that Drinkwater is not the long term answer. Drinkwater can't replace Moses because he is not a 5/8.

We dis mention "Rocks and Diamonds" before the season started - suddenly we are expecting a win every game and for these youngsters to be brilliant with every touch.

Give them a go PLEEEESE and get off their back. Bit of support wouldn't go astray either.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:46 pm

southerntiger wrote:
littletiger wrote:Lamar in Santi out
Massive overreaction given we played the best team in the comp.

Same side with Lodge and Im happy.

Improve completion rates and Teddy not having a shocker and we go close to winning that game.

Lodge out for a month, unfortunately. But I agree. Need to stick with the same side for now.

pacman

Post by pacman » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:51 pm

bench is a joke

bring in akauola/funaki/liolevave/graham
hopefully lodge back sooner rather than later

Magpie Ryan

Post by Magpie Ryan » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 8:37 pm

Yeah I agree with Russell, let's not be so critical.
This year was always going to come in stages.we can all agree that our defence has improved ten fold this was prioritised in the pre season. Our attack will come next..
A few of those balls stick today and we win that game.
A little more cohesion out back,which isn't far away,and we will play semi final footy.
Im as sick as anyone having to always be going through these "building" stages but it is what it is..
Really good signs today.

Angry Tiger 1

Post by Angry Tiger 1 » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 8:45 pm

The bench wasn't the problem. Execution and completion rates were the problem.