Halves quiet

PYMBLEPETE

Re: Halves quiet

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 9:56 pm

That is 3 games now that I have not seen anything much in attack from Moses. Its pretty concerning. No need for anyone to be dropped for a while yet, but alarm bells are ringing about Mitch. Brooks is at least involved, albeit not showing what we might have hoped for from him. I think he shows more promise of coming good soon.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 9:56 pm

True Eddie but the gulf between State cup and NRL as far as time and space goes is as wide as the space between Happy's ears....

Unless Brooks and moses are injured the calls for Drinkwater is premature...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

Sully

Post by Sully » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 9:58 pm

I can't believe we have some people calling for change when we are building a side. In some topics on this forum and others we were supposed to be beaten by 50 and dare I say it last year we would have.

The defence wins matches and our online defence was great as was our scramble. Moses and Brooks were quiet and will be as they grow into football players with experience. How do they get first grade experience playing NSW cup?

We played the premiers and they scored two try's from smart kicks behind our line and the supposed Worlds best player Inglis scored a good try.

We will get better and I would stick with the staring team but need more go forward on the bench. Dene and Jack can only have one spot, Lodge needs to play or Funaki

Get behind the boys as I believe we will beat the Dogs

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 10:04 pm

I know we are all getting a little concerned that our highly touted, exceptionally talented young halves haven't really clicked in first grade very much as yet, but larrycorowa is right in saying that they have only been training under the new coach for a relatively short period of time. It's still very early days and these guys are babies really. I'm sure that by the middle of the season it will be a different story.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 10:07 pm

that's what Souths said about us after the game today
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Tue 24 Mar, 2015 2:27 pm

Said it on another thread, I'm yet to see it with brooks, I'm waiting to see what all the hype was about, I'm not seeing a kicking game, I'm not seeing a passing game, I'm not seeing a running game, I'm not saying he hasn't got it but I'm yet to see anything to get excited by.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 24 Mar, 2015 4:09 pm

At last Sunday's game Adam Reynolds was out on the ground 15 minutes before everyone else.
His kicking practise was flawless, when Brook came out it was like a kid down at the local park with a few friends that don't play footy.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Tue 24 Mar, 2015 4:17 pm

bathursttiger wrote:At last Sunday's game Adam Reynolds was out on the ground 15 minutes before everyone else.
His kicking practise was flawless, when Brook came out it was like a kid down at the local park with a few friends that don't play footy.
He is very unseasoned.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 24 Mar, 2015 4:17 pm

I don't think the halves were quiet. In fact I argue that they were busy finding their feet. We can hold our heads up high this week. We had Souths - we blew it.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 24 Mar, 2015 4:22 pm

Eddie,some on here think their opinion is the only one...the rest of us try and say something constructive and it ends up that we have no idea according to the minority...

I always thought the forum was for you and anybody else to say what you feel and think...

As I have said before and it is MY opinion only,that Drinkwater should be given a go in the NRL side because of his attacking flair and kicking skills..two things that have been lacking in the first three rounds,these are what people are talking about to see if we can come up with better last play options..I never said Brooks or Moses should be sacked and never to return..I merely stated an option that may help us build on the great work rate our forwards have been doing and the great defence the team as a whole have done..Drinkwater may offer what Brooks and Moses are still learning...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 24 Mar, 2015 4:23 pm

TIGER wrote:Said it on another thread, I'm yet to see it with brooks, I'm waiting to see what all the hype was about, I'm not seeing a kicking game, I'm not seeing a passing game, I'm not seeing a running game, I'm not saying he hasn't got it but I'm yet to see anything to get excited by.

Enjoy...courtesy of Bonstonker.....THE SPINE.....NB...Brooks for Tedesco...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 24 Mar, 2015 4:36 pm

Great highlights reel by Bon....

Certainly hope Brooks can find that form soon....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

thesquid

Post by thesquid » Tue 24 Mar, 2015 4:49 pm

TrueTiger wrote:Eddie,some on here think their opinion is the only one...the rest of us try and say something constructive and it ends up that we have no idea according to the minority...

I always thought the forum was for you and anybody else to say what you feel and think...

As I have said before and it is MY opinion only,that Drinkwater should be given a go in the NRL side because of his attacking flair and kicking skills..two things that have been lacking in the first three rounds,these are what people are talking about to see if we can come up with better last play options..I never said Brooks or Moses should be sacked and never to return..I merely stated an option that may help us build on the great work rate our forwards have been doing and the great defence the team as a whole have done..Drinkwater may offer what Brooks and Moses are still learning...
On a full year of NRL at our grace, it is now time for Brooks to show or go. Go as in take a breather in NSW Cup and allow someone who can improve on our attack. That would not be that difficult for someone who is not just a kid.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Tue 24 Mar, 2015 4:59 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:I don't think the halves were quiet. In fact I argue that they were busy finding their feet. We can hold our heads up high this week. We had Souths - we blew it.
Yes thats the way I see it too. I dont know why anyone would think that Drinkwater would be a better option. Really dont think form in lower grades is sufficient to measure against how the boys went against the competition frontrunners/premiers/ currently best club side in the world! Brooks and Moses have all the skills - if Drinkwater was a proven seasoned firstgrader( not talking about a stint in relegated Super League Team) - his history shows that he hasnt reached that stage yet, well maybe I could understand the logic, but otherwise why on earth would you unsettle what is building nicely. Each to their own I guess,

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Tue 24 Mar, 2015 5:01 pm

As i said on another thread, JT has dramatically changed our style of play in both attack and defence!! Defence wins matches and was rightly the focus of pre season training considering our form last season.

JT wants to play a structured attacking game which is very different to what Brooks and Moses (and Teddy) have played most of their careers. They have been asked to curb their natural creativity to minimise risks/errors. And he is obviously asking them to use the bomb as the kick of choice for 90% of our sets. For young players learning at the highest level these are changes that take time to adjust to. 3 matches is nothing.

If they can learn to play both structured and ad lib they could be an extreme attacking force for a long time to come.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Tue 24 Mar, 2015 5:02 pm

They are playing to the coach's instructions, so they won't be dropped. Personally, like some others, I would prefer the shackles were loosened a little so they can at least play what unfolds in the opposition twenty, rather than simply continue with doomed set plays.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Tue 24 Mar, 2015 5:15 pm

formerguest wrote:They are playing to the coach's instructions, so they won't be dropped. Personally, like some others, I would prefer the shackles were loosened a little so they can at least play what unfolds in the opposition twenty, rather than simply continue with doomed set plays.
I don't know how long Taylor will keep the chains on them.
Surely better to make a mistake backing your ability than make a mistake sticking to a prearranged attacking plan that isn't working.
All three of them (counting Tedesco as well) must be going crazy holding back.

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Tue 24 Mar, 2015 5:30 pm

Both halves have been somewhat disappointing all three games tbh...Brooks execution is erratic,and Moses is totally invisible in attack but has defended surprisingly well.But thats not what hes there for.
While the team is doing ok it makes sense to persevere & give them every opportunity,but another loss this week may be a wake up call to do something different.
just arent sure of viability of playing two virtual rookies in halves at same time..wish Austin was still around tbh.