My whinge

simonthetiger

My whinge

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 9:19 pm

I thought we matched them for most of the game today but our spine and hands were off..

Our pigs kept us in that game....even to the point that the Burgii were dropping balls cos they knew they were gonna get large.

But.....having Woods,sauce and Taupau all off the field for 20 is just ridiculous.

These three need to play 60 and have at least two of them on the field at all times.

The holes up the middle and the lack of penetration was insane.

Hopefully JT has this noted.

Ned

Post by Ned » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 9:23 pm

Buchanan outclassed, Lodge will fix that...
He should give the bench forward some starch...

willow

Post by willow » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 9:39 pm

Yeah the balance is not right with this mix yet. As good as Taupau is going in the starting 13, if Taylor is going to persist with having our 3 best pigs off the field at once, then I'd rather have Taupau coming off the bench for that impact when Woods and Galloway are having a breather.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 9:54 pm

My whinge is the bad defensive reads still

Early days but players aren't showing they are comfortable or trust the other defenders and are coming in

Should have cost us a few tries today , got lucky

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 9:55 pm

my whinge is that dylan walker beat us with one arm
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 10:01 pm

Liolevave and lodge will be good for us off the bench next year when Dene is gone

Angry Tiger 1

Post by Angry Tiger 1 » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 10:15 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:my whinge is that dylan walker beat us with one arm

Yep that kinda sux! JT should have changed tact and sent traffic his way all day. That was a massive opportunity gone begging. Very poor. :crazy

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 10:17 pm

The bloke only had one hand and we didnt run at him???

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 10:28 pm

I guess my whinge is Brooks. I know he is young and I know he is talented but man does he look out of his depth when trying to finish a set off. He has been unacceptably poor in this area this year.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 10:32 pm

Brooks refuses to run the ball. He had the perfect chance at one point but sat back and passed, think it was when Siro lost it. Scored minus 4 in SC. Not his best day at the office.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 11:10 pm

stryker wrote:I guess my whinge is Brooks. I know he is young and I know he is talented but man does he look out of his depth when trying to finish a set off. He has been unacceptably poor in this area this year.
yeh, the thing i really liked about him at the start was his willingness to take on the line! this season though i think he has tried to put a sneaky pass in at times he should have held on to it himself.

their sets aren't being completed well right now, but as long as the right people are giving brooks the right advice I'm more than happy to give him time to get his choices right.

meh, at the moment i am pretty satisfied as a fan with where the team is. souths have shown so far they are well and truly the benchmark and with a side as young as the tiges, i think they did pretty well. shouldve won the first two more convincingly, but they still won and a win is still worth 2 points be it at the beginning or end of the season.

mctiger

Post by mctiger » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 11:13 pm

My whinge is our kicking game. Bombs are poor and grubbers into the in goal are even poorer. I hate it when teams score like that, mostly because we can't!

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

turnstyle

Post by turnstyle » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 11:29 pm

kicking game has been poor, and it is a huge factor in the modern game. the positive is that this is an area, like quite a few others, that needs a lot of improvement yet the side isnt doing too badly...

grrrrrrrrrr

Post by grrrrrrrrrr » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 11:38 pm

We (brooks) have stuffed up the short flat ball inside their 20 at least half a dozen times since half way through the saints game. Very frustrating - no try - no repeat set - turnover of possession.

turnstyle

Post by turnstyle » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 12:19 am

grrrrrrrrrr wrote:We (brooks) have stuffed up the short flat ball inside their 20 at least half a dozen times since half way through the saints game. Very frustrating - no try - no repeat set - turnover of possession.

it is frustrating but im sure he will improve on this. at least its at the right end of the ground!!

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 5:30 am

My whinge is when you're playing the Premiers and score the opening try of the game after 32mins, you complete the 4/5 sets you'll have before halftime. Siro threw that crap pass on the inside on tackle 4. And we back-pedalled and conceded 2 tries in the last 5 before the break. That was a momentum changer that we didn't recover from.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 6:12 am

tiga4eva wrote:My whinge is when you're playing the Premiers and score the opening try of the game after 32mins, you complete the 4/5 sets you'll have before halftime. Siro threw that crap pass on the inside on tackle 4. And we back-pedalled and conceded 2 tries in the last 5 before the break. That was a momentum changer that we didn't recover from.

I thought we had that covered as it was up near their thirty and pretty well where each of our now normal end of set bombs were being taken. Farah giving the dumb penalty away is what marched them down the field and changed the momentum for mine.

Sully

Post by Sully » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 6:47 am

Phil Gould in commentary.

We could have played our best games ever and won by 50 and it would have been Souths were off today. He said it so many times it was if he was auditioning for the CEO role at Souths or an extras role in Rustys next movie.

We played poorly in attack however combinations and timing will come as we progress.i thought they had their best forwards on the park bar Sutton and we did not lose the game there.We will get better and I am not sure if Souths have more to give except reduce their errors.

I would have accepted 2 from 3 at the start so onwards and upwards.