Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Ugly loss tough for Tigers to swallow

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 3:04 pm

simonthetiger wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:Our fifth tackle options need serious work.

Serious work......Reynolds kept us pinned in our in goal and his attacking kicks also looked likely,they scored two off em!!!

I cant recall one repeat set off a kick and there were no issues in an attacking way.

2/10 for our kicking game.
The thing is the halves are obviously following Taylor's tactics in regards to kicking. If he wanted them kicking to the corners i'm sure htey would try it at least once a game. If he wanted them putting in grubbers im sure they would try it. The fact is Taylor seems to have said put a bomb up at the end of every set we have. That's what the boys are doing but they seem a bit unsure about this, and rightly so in my opinion.

A couple of torpedo bombs for the fullback to try catch is great, but kicking to the fullback every single time is predictable. No chips over the top, nothing creative. Just bombs. I think it's stifling the creativity of both halves a bit. They could still be doing more with the ball at hand, but the tactics fall to JT's shoulders.

It will be a really ugly loss if we're without Woodsy, or Sirro/ Patty/Taupau for that matter.

simonthetiger

Unread post by simonthetiger » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 3:15 pm

Yeah....ive been a fan of JT but the tactics have me thinking.

Backs running the same sweep play whether it is on or not and that midfield bomb on every fifth tackle.

Not forgetting having Woods,Sauce and Kapow all off at the same time....

jirskyr
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 133 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 4:03 pm

Hardly an ugly loss. Souths are the form team of the comp and for 60 minutes we were as good as them.

Difference is that for 20 mins they stopped making mistakes and we did not.

We've only had 20 really good minutes all season, when we blew away the Dragons, the rest has been super rusty. Hold the footy, stop passing when it's not on, and we improve a lot.

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 6:29 pm

Souths won, but we beat them. Great work by our forwards :)

Russell
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 126 times

Unread post by Russell » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 7:35 pm

yeti wrote:Without doubt our props were superior to the Souths props.
And our starting back row was every bit as good as the Souths backrow. We lost a lot when Sirro was injured. Sorry - I'm not a big fan of Santi. Our shortcomings which have been highlighted ad nauseum - lack of 1 extra good second rower and a strike centre - were our main problems yesterday. It's a worry when a one handed Walker is the best centre on the field.
Our halves are struggling - particularly Moses IMO. I'm sure Taylor will persevere with these 2 for another few weeks yet, but if there is no discernible improvement, I'd be promoting Drinkwater to 6.
I don't expect to see Tedesco have another game like this one - he was poor.
All in all, not too disappointed. Worried about injuries to Woods and Sirro, however. We cannot afford to lose either of these guys, particularly while Lodge remains sidelined.
You do realise Yeti that Drinkwater is a half not a 5/8.
Moses is not going to improve in the lower grades and he certainly wouldn't be improving his combinations with Brooks and Teddy.

I'm against a short term fix at the expense of a long term solution.
Nobody seems to have patience that support this team. It is unbelievable.

Telltails
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 46 times

Unread post by Telltails » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 7:59 pm

Russell wrote:
yeti wrote:Without doubt our props were superior to the Souths props.
And our starting back row was every bit as good as the Souths backrow. We lost a lot when Sirro was injured. Sorry - I'm not a big fan of Santi. Our shortcomings which have been highlighted ad nauseum - lack of 1 extra good second rower and a strike centre - were our main problems yesterday. It's a worry when a one handed Walker is the best centre on the field.
Our halves are struggling - particularly Moses IMO. I'm sure Taylor will persevere with these 2 for another few weeks yet, but if there is no discernible improvement, I'd be promoting Drinkwater to 6.
I don't expect to see Tedesco have another game like this one - he was poor.
All in all, not too disappointed. Worried about injuries to Woods and Sirro, however. We cannot afford to lose either of these guys, particularly while Lodge remains sidelined.
You do realise Yeti that Drinkwater is a half not a 5/8.
Moses is not going to improve in the lower grades and he certainly wouldn't be improving his combinations with Brooks and Teddy.

I'm against a short term fix at the expense of a long term solution.
Nobody seems to have patience that support this team. It is unbelievable.
Not all of us Russell. Agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments,

Return to “Round 3: Wests Tigers vs South Sydney”