Souths are a terrific side

Goose

Souths are a terrific side

Post by Goose » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 10:59 am

Souths normally win on the back of their forwards rolling over sides and the backs working terrific plays of the back of it.
We got the better of them physically today, they were slightly down on in intensity, yet they still won comfortably.
They rarely got a roll on, yet when they did they managed 4 perfectly executed plays, with barely a defensive error from us (Kev went for the aggressive play and left his man, but even that meant Inglis had to throw a perfect face ball at the line) and they came up with 4 tries.

They wont lose many this year.

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 11:08 am

Winning titles brings a know how to do it attitude and belief that they can get themselves out of certain pressures.
There is no doubt they are a brilliant side but Inglis is the X factor in that side, take him out of that side and they just don't have that same threat IMO
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 11:44 am

Agree FAT, if they lose Inglis they come back to the field.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Geo. » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 4:01 pm

They still SUCK
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 4:06 pm

Geo. wrote:They still SUCK
We just sucked more yesterday :lol:
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

littletiger

Post by littletiger » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 4:10 pm

The sky is blue

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 4:19 pm

Played well below their best, no Sutton and they conceded basically no line breaks or virtually no line breaks. Their defense is great and they have Inglis and Dylan Walker as their x factor players, they also have a no7 that can read the game

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 4:26 pm

foreveratiger wrote:Winning titles brings a know how to do it attitude and belief that they can get themselves out of certain pressures.
There is no doubt they are a brilliant side but Inglis is the X factor in that side, take him out of that side and they just don't have that same threat IMO
I know - what a difference to have such a fast, strong, ball-playing monster at the back.

When he joins the backline the inside and outside defenders tend to commit, he is so hard to stop 1:1, which opens up the outside men.

When he decides to tuck it under the arm, he is truly hard to stop, even with Teddy and Simona having a proper shot they barely slowed him for his try.

At the back he can catch most players, he can stop forwards short of the line. A few times we made half-breaks and Inglis just monstered the runner - Teddy copped a few of these.

Even about 70 minute mark he just took the ball up the middle, through some staggered defence, and found McInnes who made a half-break.

Souths have 3 or 4 things on the other sides at the moment - the precision kicking of Reynolds, the X-factor of Inglis, the tenacity of Luke; George Burgess can be dangerous on his day. Everywhere else 2-6 and 10-17 they are workman-like but not overly special.

The first 30 mins yesterday showed when Souths drop ball, miss a few tackles, they are only as good as we are. When their discipline improved, they rolled us in 20 mins. When we had our chances to fight back, and we certainly earned some chances, we blew them all. Souths didn't.

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 4:33 pm

Had we got out to say an 18-0 lead after 30 minutes and converted our possession we had , we could of maybe grind ed out the 2nd half with our defence .
Let's put it behind us now and take out the positives out of the game .

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 4:40 pm

Why is this crap on our Wests Tigers forum ?

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 6:29 pm

I know what will bring them back to the field...i might just back them for the premiership now cause I can stop a train when it comes to a punt lol
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 7:51 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:Why is this crap on our Wests Tigers forum ?

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
So you can reply to it . :mrgreen:
Last edited by foreveratiger on Mon 23 Mar, 2015 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 7:59 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:Agree FAT, if they lose Inglis they come back to the field.
That's what people were saying about Burgess. They were there to be beaten yesterday, they were off. We were too inexperienced to capitalize though.

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 8:23 pm

I think they'll be burnt out by the end of the season, similar to the roosters last year, and many defending premiers in years gone by. Competitions aren't won in March
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

Gray

Post by Gray » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 8:51 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:Agree FAT, if they lose Inglis they come back to the field.
That's what people were saying about Burgess. They were there to be beaten yesterday, they were off. We were too inexperienced to capitalize though.
When Reynolds went off the field for 10 with a concussion last weekend they fell to pieces. Gave up a healthy lead to the Roosters real quick.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 9:27 pm

I think they are probably the best drilled side at the moment and they communicate very well. Inglis and Walker give them that x-factor out wide, but take Reynolds out of their side and their direction will suffer.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 10:39 pm

I dislike Souths with a passion. Can't wait for their downfall :x

Tigertigertiger

Post by Tigertigertiger » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 11:48 pm

Tigermama wrote:I dislike Souths with a passion. Can't wait for their downfall :x
I hate them with a passion.

I can praise most teams but not those grubs and grubby woodwork supporters.