Inexperience..

User avatar
Lakra
Member
Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed 09 Apr, 2014 11:11 pm
Been liked: 1 time

Inexperience..

Unread post by Lakra » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 4:56 pm

Personally what i saw in that game were young talented players face pressure. We have some freakish young players however they have hardly any experience so once put up against a team like Souths we witness the inexperience within and the amount of errors caused due to pressure which derives from inexperience. Tedesco knocked on twice? In my opinion that'd be due to the pressure Inglis put on him which hes unfamiliar with having a player do that to him. Im loving where our club is going and how excited i am to watch them play, i enjoyed that game because of how much effort all of them put in. I guarantee you were gonna be one freak of a team in year/s to come. I havent ever felt this way about the tigers in my life (Never got to witness the 05 team as i was too young).


Jerry Seinfeld
Member
Member
Posts: 1195
Joined: Sun 11 Aug, 2013 11:18 am

Unread post by Jerry Seinfeld » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 4:59 pm

Lakra wrote:Personally what i saw in that game were young talented players face pressure. We have some freakish young players however they have hardly any experience so once put up against a team like Souths we witness the inexperience within and the amount of errors caused due to pressure which derives from inexperience. Tedesco knocked on twice? In my opinion that'd be due to the pressure Inglis put on him which hes unfamiliar with having a player do that to him. Im loving where our club is going and how excited i am to watch them play, i enjoyed that game because of how much effort all of them put in. I guarantee you were gonna be one freak of a team in year/s to come. I havent ever felt this way about the tigers in my life (Never got to witness the 05 team as i was too young).

too young for 05.How old are you pal or miss.You write well for your age.

cochise
Member
Member
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun 12 Feb, 2012 10:42 pm
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by cochise » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 5:43 pm

Lakra wrote:Personally what i saw in that game were young talented players face pressure. We have some freakish young players however they have hardly any experience so once put up against a team like Souths we witness the inexperience within and the amount of errors caused due to pressure which derives from inexperience. Tedesco knocked on twice? In my opinion that'd be due to the pressure Inglis put on him which hes unfamiliar with having a player do that to him. Im loving where our club is going and how excited i am to watch them play, i enjoyed that game because of how much effort all of them put in. I guarantee you were gonna be one freak of a team in year/s to come. I havent ever felt this way about the tigers in my life (Never got to witness the 05 team as i was too young).
I think some of our older forum members could learn a little bit about football from you. The majority of the difficulties we faced yesterday came directly from the lack of experience we have in key positions. 3/4 of our spine are young inexperienced players, I could actually see the moves we were running creating the opportunities that we needed to win the game. The issue was when it came time for the right decision to be made our inexperienced spine took the wrong option and hit the wrong ball runner or their execution let them down with a poor pass. All these things will improve massively throughout the year as the players further develop to play in the structure JT is implementing.

Great post from a young fan.

LCA
Member
Member
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sun 06 Mar, 2011 5:58 pm
Location: Liverpool
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by LCA » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 6:16 pm

A good assessment of the result v Souths. There's no prospect of Farah, Galloway, Lawrence, Richards Halatau etc suddenly scaling new heights of brilliance, They've peaked and are giving it all they've got to give. A brighter future does rest with how our less experienced guys progress. That needs time and opportunity and belief more than anything. I have no idea what the "structure" Taylor is implementing is, but the playing group seems settled, happy and have high expectations for their efforts. That can't be a bad thing for the future.

cochise
Member
Member
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun 12 Feb, 2012 10:42 pm
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by cochise » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 7:04 pm

LCA wrote:A good assessment of the result v Souths. There's no prospect of Farah, Galloway, Lawrence, Richards Halatau etc suddenly scaling new heights of brilliance, They've peaked and are giving it all they've got to give. A brighter future does rest with how our less experienced guys progress. That needs time and opportunity and belief more than anything. I have no idea what the "structure" Taylor is implementing is, but the playing group seems settled, happy and have high expectations for their efforts. That can't be a bad thing for the future.
It is very obvious that the majority of time during the offseason was devoted to fixing the defensive issues that have been a major problem for a number of years. I believe this was the right tactic though it has left us with a very simple gameplan in attack.

The main plan in attack is to work our position into the opposition 20. If we fail to make the 20, we are putting up a midfield bomb to try and trap the oppositions fullback inside the 20. When we do work it inside the 20 we will play 1 play to centrefield and then try to attack either side using 2nd man plays or hitting the lead runner on these same plays.

What I noticed yesterday was the running of the second man plays was creating the space needed to score, the main issues were we would do 1 of 3 things.
1. Hit the lead runner when we had created the space outside.
2. Play to the 2nd man when the lead runner was running into a hole.
3. Choose the right player but execute a poor pass resulting in loss of possession or ruining the timing of the play.

The boys created enough opportunites yesterday to beat the best team in the competition. It was just poor execution or decision making at the critical pass that stopped us scoring 4 or 5 more tries. These are all problems that come from the lack of experience we have in the key positions and this will improve massively as they gain experience.


InBenjiWeTrust
Member
Member
Posts: 1712
Joined: Mon 12 Mar, 2012 2:59 pm
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by InBenjiWeTrust » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 7:10 pm

We had last year highly experienced Anasta, but he dropped quite a few :(
'Sh** happens", even to Slater, Inglis, Thurston and Cronk.
Experienced Farah gave unnecessary penalty, brain explosion, nothing to do with experience :(
Our inexperienced Sue and Taupau played much better than Halatau :)

cochise
Member
Member
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun 12 Feb, 2012 10:42 pm
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by cochise » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 7:17 pm

The reasons we lost yesterday was poor decision making by young inexperienced players, which is to be expected by the way. We dominated the 1st half, but went into halftime behind. This was because of poor decision making b the key positions when we were dominating early.

I walked out of yesterdays game very comfortable with the direction we are heading.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3197
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 76 times

Unread post by formerguest » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 8:08 pm

Saw the same structure, openings created and passes thrown or not, as that is what occurred. However, I also saw and/or interpreted the decisions taken as sticking to those basic set plays and not playing to that which had evolved.

Mostly Brooks, and particularly on one play to the right in the first half, seemed to choose the man, in this case the lead runner, even though he looked to the open second runner twice. For mine they are just following orders and implementing the simple yet very structured play of the coach, and are too nervous to and/or instructed not to play what is in front of them.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 124 times

Unread post by Russell » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 8:10 pm

Thank God most people in this thread are on the money.

Inexperience beat us yesterday - can it be fixed with experience - Yes

That's all you need to know - oh patience is a virtue.

cochise
Member
Member
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun 12 Feb, 2012 10:42 pm
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by cochise » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 8:18 pm

formerguest wrote:Saw the same structure, openings created and passes thrown or not, as that is what occurred. However, I also saw and/or interpreted the decisions taken as sticking to those basic set plays and not playing to that which had evolved.

Mostly Brooks, and particularly on one play to the right in the first half, seemed to choose the man, in this case the lead runner, even though he looked to the open second runner twice. For mine they are just following orders and implementing the simple yet very structured play of the coach, and are too nervous to and/or instructed not to play what is in front of them.
I agree 100% that Brooks and Moses are sticking to predetermined options. The reasons I believe for this are they are very inexperienced players adapting to a new coach and structure, give the guys time and they will start to take the right option more often. This simple gameplan when implemented properly can make us very competitive this season. Then over the offseason develop it further and we are looking at a good year next year.

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4343
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Unread post by Tigermama » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 11:33 pm

There's magic there in the halfs, it's just not consistent at the moment.
Time and patience is needed.

coopy
Member
Member
Posts: 388
Joined: Sat 23 Apr, 2011 6:13 pm

Unread post by coopy » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 11:56 pm

I think the boys are not playing to their strengths. In the juniors they ran the ball but since coming to first grade bothseem to be more ball distributors. Both Potter and Taylor are very structured in their attack but I think we should be mixing it up more and occasionally just let them play what they see. Let them run and build their confidence that way.

Both seem to be playing a style which may be a bit beyond them at present where they are organisers of others rather than showing their individual flair. I think it's important to let them build on their strengths and develop other skills and assets over time

Post Reply

Return to “Round 3: Wests Tigers vs South Sydney”