Meet the Players...

Geo.

Meet the Players...

Post by Geo. » Wed 25 Mar, 2015 4:32 pm

Perfect opportunity to tell them how how feel about their performance's, selections etc...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 25 Mar, 2015 5:06 pm

Haha food court....Woodsy will be in the Hungry Jacks queue

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 25 Mar, 2015 5:43 pm

Not a bad setting to tell a player how you felt if you had the guts. What are they going to do, deck you when they are there representing the club?

And even if someone had the fortitude to do it, they would get called disrespectful and rude, not given credit for stepping out behind the keyboard. No win situation.

Jerry Seinfeld

Post by Jerry Seinfeld » Wed 25 Mar, 2015 6:14 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Not a bad setting to tell a player how you felt if you had the guts. What are they going to do, deck you when they are there representing the club?

And even if someone had the fortitude to do it, they would get called disrespectful and rude, not given credit for stepping out behind the keyboard. No win situation.

But our team have been good this year and busted their asses in all 3 games.It would be a tough marker to have a go at our boys.If I saw Brooks I would tell him to take that line on more though.Not in a negative way but just more of a back your ability kind of way.I know Chris Lawrence cops a lot of crap on here and his continual selection is an issue but you can never fault the guys efforts he totally bust his ass and tries 100%.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Wed 25 Mar, 2015 6:49 pm

why can't it be called Wests Tigers meet the fans.
It's as though it's all about them
isn't us the fans that make Leichhardt Oval magical on sunny winters Sunday
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Milky

Post by Milky » Wed 25 Mar, 2015 7:23 pm

Why Burwood though

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 25 Mar, 2015 8:35 pm

Because Burwood starts with a B, and has seven letters in it

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Wed 25 Mar, 2015 8:51 pm

What's the use of meeting the players .....is it going to improve their game,you would only be a nobody turning up to meet some NRL players,another face they will forget next day..

Gee,I just met the Wests Tigers players,that will get me somewhere,I see them on tv all the time........big deal....I would have more enjoyment watching them win games,no need to meet them and be a statistic....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 25 Mar, 2015 9:08 pm

TrueTiger wrote:What's the use of meeting the players .....is it going to improve their game,you would only be a nobody turning up to meet some NRL players,another face they will forget next day..

Gee,I just met the Wests Tigers players,that will get me somewhere,I see them on tv all the time........big deal....I would have more enjoyment watching them win games,no need to meet them and be a statistic....

Its PR, TT....it is to increase fans and support, memberships.
Im like you not interested in meeting them the 80 minutes is all I care for

cunno

Post by cunno » Wed 25 Mar, 2015 9:14 pm

It's good to see the players out in the community, kids in particular enjoy meeting players.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Wed 25 Mar, 2015 9:15 pm

Ink,maybe I was a bit harsh,however if the children meet them and get joy out of it,then I'm all for it....children are our future....

Just that I have been there done that with other so called stars and in other sports...they nearly all seem full of themselves,no time for arrogance I'm afraid,but if others enjoy their company so be it....

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 25 Mar, 2015 9:23 pm

TrueTiger wrote:Ink,maybe I was a bit harsh,however if the children meet them and get joy out of it,then I'm all for it....children are our future....

Just that I have been there done that with other so called stars and in other sports...they nearly all seem full of themselves,no time for arrogance I'm afraid,but if others enjoy their company so be it....
I think these events are mainly catered for kids. I'm like you, i have no interest in these kinds of things. Like with members days, people always say how they spoke to player X at the members day and he was the nicest guy in the world. Of course they will be, cos its an event put on by the club, they're doing their jobs by catering to the members. That's not to say they aren't nice guys, but if you truly want to gauge how nice they are, its running into them out on the street when they have no obligation that is the big indicator.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Wed 25 Mar, 2015 9:27 pm

GNR,exactly the point I'm trying to make,without the clubs colours or employment as an NRL player,are they still the same?...in the end we are all human beings,some more talented in different fields than others...

GoldXR50Leroy

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Wed 25 Mar, 2015 10:02 pm

I happened to travel to the Big Smoke today on the Train and it was so sad seeing Lidcombe Oval with no one at least training on it!, but I will get over it.
Burwood is in the catchment area!, it appears to have support from a major supporter in the Real Wests Leagues club so what's the problem here, if I hadn't already been to the big smoke this week I might have considered hopping back on the train and paid this place a visit!.

Tigertigertiger

Post by Tigertigertiger » Thu 26 Mar, 2015 8:10 am

You can meet Chris Lawrence at the carpark boom gates as everyone is slipping by

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Thu 26 Mar, 2015 3:51 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:Ink,maybe I was a bit harsh,however if the children meet them and get joy out of it,then I'm all for it....children are our future....

I think these events are mainly catered for kids. I'm like you, i have no interest in these kinds of things. Like with members days, people always say how they spoke to player X at the members day and he was the nicest guy in the world. Of course they will be, cos its an event put on by the club, they're doing their jobs by catering to the members. That's not to say they aren't nice guys, but if you truly want to gauge how nice they are, its running into them out on the street when they have no obligation that is the big indicator.
you mean letting them loose?

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Goose

Post by Goose » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:47 am

TrueTiger wrote:What's the use of meeting the players .....is it going to improve their game,you would only be a nobody turning up to meet some NRL players,another face they will forget next day..

When I was a kid, some of my favourite memories are of meeting players, and even now, the inner child sometimes kicks in. particularly with players of that era (a few I deal with professionally now and I have to sometimes remind myself Im not a kid cheering on the hill anymore, bit embarrassing really)

When I was living at Breakfast point I was doing laps (and struggling), benji was having a bit of agility session by himself, he gave me a bit of encouragement to keep pushing, I was that 7 yo again and grew another lung for a couple of minutes. There is still some fan boy in me :)

I wouldnt go out of my way to meet the players myself, but if I had kids, I have them there for sure.

I love that clubs do this.