Liolevave to make first-grade debut

simonthetiger

Re: Liolevave to make first-grade debut

Post by simonthetiger » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:14 am

Balmain Boy wrote:Santi will start at lock, Taupau to prop.

Santi's played in the back row every game thus far, Lovett played once in the centres. Why would he be picked ahead of Santi for the back row?

Lio will add some strength and running ability to our back line. Runs better angles and lines than any other back rower at the club, in any grade.

I think Doug's been on the pipe a bit... lol
Yeah thats how i see it!!

No way Lovett is going to jump over Santi....but its hard to pick JT at this stage!

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:15 am

And the bench looks better with Ava,Buchanan,Lamar and Lovett.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:16 am

Unless the Cherrington rumours are true......

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:22 am

simonthetiger wrote:Unless the Cherrington rumours are true......

And they are...?

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:25 am

Well he wasnt picked for NSW cup and apparently isnt injured.

phil1986

Post by phil1986 » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:32 am

simonthetiger wrote:Well he wasnt picked for NSW cup and apparently isnt injured.
Rumours?

I'm Hoping the rumors are that he will play tonight. Not that he has done something wrong.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Goose

Post by Goose » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:39 am

This has been confirmed by the club. He is definitely playing.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:43 am

Cherrington is playing?
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Goose

Post by Goose » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:49 am

no, Im an idiot, i was thinking that the above post was talking about Lamar, not cherrington.

SO, nothing to see here, carry on :)

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:52 am

Well that escalated quickly
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:56 am

Very much confusion!
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 12:23 pm

Sue's job this season has been to help protect Moses. Which he has done so without missing a single tackle. Why would they move him and expose a new and even younger combination?

Centres are generally required to be a lot faster and more creative than backrowers are. You don't see too many back rowers doing the bat ons that Simona and his type of player do. For most teams centres need to be able to finish off attacks and set up their outside man. Granted JT is playing with very defensive tactics so this is less important in our current set up.

Santi is more of a central player, therefore he plays lock, as he has done for most of his career. I don't really know what Lovett's supposed to do on the bench. Having a lightweight backrower on the bench does nothing for me. Lio provides impact, Lovett is good for 30 tackles an 10 hit ups a game. No real metres in attack, no real misses in defence. Just a no frills player.

And we will still have Ava and Buchanon on the bench, so i don't really get what you're saying there.

Taupau replaces Woods, Santi replaces Taupau, Lovett replaces Santi and Lio replaces Halatau. That's all the swaps that we need, everyone is in their natural positions. Why disrupt the team more than what's needed?

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 12:28 pm

Unfortunately for Cherrington we wouldn't need him for this match we need big heavy forwards to match it.

This must be the youngest 1st grade team to represent Wests Tigers. Nevertheless I am confident that these youngsters will tonight give a good account of themselves.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 12:38 pm

Not a fan of moving Taupau to starting Prop...he is not a grunt work style of player he is an impact Man... in the games he's started there he has been largely ineffective last year much prefer him to retain the Lock position where he can play in the middle or wider as the case may be both sides of the field ...Would start Ava...whoever does though needs to play more minutes than they usually do...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 12:42 pm

Newtown wrote:Unfortunately for Cherrington we wouldn't need him for this match we need big heavy forwards to match it.

This must be the youngest 1st grade team to represent Wests Tigers. Nevertheless I am confident that these youngsters will tonight give a good account of themselves.
I look at this match completely opposite in some respects

Yes we will have to match the Bulldogs in defence with lightning line speed and preventing them getting on a roll , but we will need to run them off their feet to get the points in the end

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 12:44 pm

Geo. wrote:Not a fan of moving Taupau to starting Prop...he is not a grunt work style of player he is an impact Man... in the games he's started there he has been largely ineffective last year much prefer him to retain the Lock position where he can play in the middle or wider as the case may be both sides of the field ...Would start Ava...whoever does though needs to play more minutes than they usually do...
Great minds think alike ;)

Snake

Post by Snake » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 12:54 pm

JT has a plan you can see it with his selections ..no use trying to stop the obvious .

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 12:57 pm

Geo. wrote:Not a fan of moving Taupau to starting Prop...he is not a grunt work style of player he is an impact Man... in the games he's started there he has been largely ineffective last year much prefer him to retain the Lock position where he can play in the middle or wider as the case may be both sides of the field ...Would start Ava...whoever does though needs to play more minutes than they usually do...
injuries have struck us again - we have possibly little choice. Reshuffle

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"