*Live game thread* Spoilers!

stevetiger

Re: *Live game thread* Spoilers!

Unread post by stevetiger » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 10:09 pm

jirskyr wrote:Also gotta say Farah really mucked up the last few sets, once we got within a few to go, despite the Graham (or Tolman) offside, he should have just got rid of it for a kick, not fooled around trying to milk the penalty. He milks so hard now, refs just ignore him. He went the wrong way two other sets, we were having hit-ups out wide on tackle 4, how is a bloke supposed to take a decent shot if we don't cart it up the middle?
I thought he was good until it was crunch time. He did lose it then though.

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by mike » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 10:10 pm

Very poor effort to get run down like that. Need to learn how to close out games. Can't see much happening for WT this year, feel it is going to be a very long year.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

happy tiger
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 68 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 10:10 pm

stevetiger wrote:
everett wrote:should Sue start off the bench and used in the prop rotation and Lovett to start in second row?
Its definitely a good option. Sue was great up the middle.
But he has been very good in the back row also , leave him there

Woods will be back next week

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 10:12 pm

happy tiger wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
everett wrote:should Sue start off the bench and used in the prop rotation and Lovett to start in second row?
Its definitely a good option. Sue was great up the middle.
But he has been very good in the back row also , leave him there

Woods will be back next week
He has really come on hasn't he. It was a great effort.

tiger-stripes

Unread post by tiger-stripes » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 10:13 pm

mike wrote:Very poor effort to get run down like that. Need to learn how to close out games. Can't see much happening for WT this year, feel it is going to be a very long year.

Yes it will if we keep rolling out this negative crap.

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by mike » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 10:14 pm

tiger-stripes wrote:
mike wrote:Very poor effort to get run down like that. Need to learn how to close out games. Can't see much happening for WT this year, feel it is going to be a very long year.

Yes it will if we keep rolling out this negative crap.

We need to win games, it's no good coming second in a two horse race.

Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

tiger-stripes

Unread post by tiger-stripes » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 10:16 pm

old man tiger wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:
old man tiger wrote:7th tackle fieldgoal? Some fans are calling that as we leave. Not sure myself
Tigers player kicked it into the back of another tiger so set started from 0 (i believe)

Thanks mate
Bill Harrigan on Triple M saying that's the wrong interpretation of the rule. Has to be a scrum, not a zero.

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 10:17 pm

Look i didn't watch the game but kept reading the updates and i'm watching it now , think we rode our luck as far we could by the sounds of it .
IMO Lovett's Try was a forward pass of Brooks the 1st Try and then obviously got a lucky intercept and raced the length of the field to score .
But by the sounds of things sounds like a few controversy to come out of that game as happy said with the Teddy Try , they are showing it now and fair dinkum Hodgkinson takes a dive .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

hobbo
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by hobbo » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 10:18 pm

Tedesco no try was absolute BS

EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

TripleB
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by TripleB » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 10:21 pm

Gotta wonder why all defenders don't just run into the decoy now. Would be a penalty on every backline move.

tigertye
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by tigertye » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 10:52 pm

Seriously for such a young side. I'm seeing huge positives in our future. We're holding strong with the good sides and I actually think we helped Parra win tonight from the effort last week. Disappointing result, but good signs for the future.

Also great to see the spine starting to click in attack. Our defence has also been a massive difference this year. Closing out games needs work though, but that's a work in progress.

Two negatives I have is the refs failure to consistently fail to blow a penalty (especially in golden point) when the game is on the line. They look scared to call the game if it's on the line. Moses being taken out comes to mind here.

The other was the Tigers fans tonight...ridiculously quiet. All I could here was Bulldogs over and over. I know they're nutbags but a few people pointed it out.

Tigers fans could take some lessons from the burrow, and dogs fans and make a bit more noise to bring the boys home.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 10:56 pm

tigertye wrote:Seriously for such a young side. I'm seeing huge positives in our future. We're holding strong with the good sides and I actually think we helped Parra win tonight from the effort last week. Disappointing result, but good signs for the future.

Also great to see the spine starting to click in attack. Our defence has also been a massive difference this year. Closing out games needs work though, but that's a work in progress.

Two negatives I have is the refs failure to consistently fail to blow a penalty (especially in golden point) when the game is on the line. They look scared to call the game if it's on the line. Moses being taken out comes to mind here.

The other was the Tigers fans tonight...ridiculously quiet. All I could here was Bulldogs over and over. I know they're nutbags but a few people pointed it out.

Tigers fans could take some lessons from the burrow, and dogs fans and make a bit more noise to bring the boys home.

well said mate...disappointing result, but positive signs ahead

happy tiger
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 68 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:03 pm

jirskyr wrote:Golden point has to go, it becomes a farce how the refs pocket the whistle and teams just lie offside for 10 mins. It's scrappy, ugly football.

You don't normally get two shots at winning a game, Brooks had all the time in the world with an open set of uprights 73rd min, that was our moment and we didn't take it. My biased memory tells me Tigers are one of the worst teams at grabbing the vital chance.

Also gotta say Farah really mucked up the last few sets, once we got within a few to go, despite the Graham (or Tolman) offside, he should have just got rid of it for a kick, not fooled around trying to milk the penalty. He milks so hard now, refs just ignore him. He went the wrong way two other sets, we were having hit-ups out wide on tackle 4, how is a bloke supposed to take a decent shot if we don't cart it up the middle?
I reckon we left the fg too late in the set that Taupau knocks on

It looked perfect after Ava's hit up and we got too close to the tryline after Taupau's hit up

tsjonathan
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by tsjonathan » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:08 pm

God, that knock on from Keith was bad. Just when you need some veteran leadership, he drops it cold.

alexaki

Unread post by alexaki » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:08 pm

stevetiger wrote:
jirskyr wrote:Also gotta say Farah really mucked up the last few sets, once we got within a few to go, despite the Graham (or Tolman) offside, he should have just got rid of it for a kick, not fooled around trying to milk the penalty. He milks so hard now, refs just ignore him. He went the wrong way two other sets, we were having hit-ups out wide on tackle 4, how is a bloke supposed to take a decent shot if we don't cart it up the middle?
Farah has an excellent track records of screwing up when the pressure is on

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:12 pm

tsjonathan wrote:God, that knock on from Keith was bad. Just when you need some veteran leadership, he drops it cold.
It was terrible. Taupau had a poor carry at the wrong time again as well.

alexaki

Unread post by alexaki » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:21 pm

tigertye wrote:Seriously for such a young side. I'm seeing huge positives in our future. We're holding strong with the good sides and I actually think we helped Parra win tonight from the effort last week. Disappointing result, but good signs for the future.

Our fans were very quiet tonight... Didn't hear the Tigers chant at all.... Dogs fans were definitely louder than us

The_Doc
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by The_Doc » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:50 pm

alexaki wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
Farah has an excellent track records of screwing up when the pressure is on

Have to agree with such a young inexperienced team Farah needs to take control,trying to milk penalties and poorly I might add doesn't cut it and taking poor options in general when the heat is on.
It's a game we should win 99% of the time being up by 18 with 20 or so to go but the kids will learn from that hopefully.

Return to “Round 4: Wests Tigers vs Bulldogs”