Lots to be happy about

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Lots to be happy about

Post by Sabre » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 10:12 pm

That was the best we have played so far this year. We looked much better than we have even in our first 2 games. Throw Woods, Lodge, Richards, Halatau and Nofoaluma back in and we will surprise a few this year.

I especially like the increase in intensity that was showed. Lack of experience was costly but the boys did themselves proud and once they gain that experience we could be anything.

It's a hard loss to swallow but going down to last year's runners up with a team that has 8 players aged 22 and under is nothing to frown about.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 10:17 pm

Totally agree. I'm spewing we lost but we were pretty good and I think we can improve.

I've been worried about Brooks especially but tonight proved to me that he can cut it out there.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 10:26 pm

stevetiger wrote:Totally agree. I'm spewing we lost but we were pretty good and I think we can improve.

I've been worried about Brooks especially but tonight proved to me that he can cut it out there.
I just hope the young fellas don't dwell on the loss ?

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 10:32 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
stevetiger wrote:Totally agree. I'm spewing we lost but we were pretty good and I think we can improve.

Don't worry , a few videos sessions will fix that

What doesn't kills you will make you stronger

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 10:42 pm

happy tiger wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:

Don't worry , a few videos sessions will fix that

What doesn't kills you will make you stronger
Yeah you're right happy .
Still think we should get free counselling vouchers in our member packs though :|
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

willow

Post by willow » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 10:42 pm

I agree. We gave it a red hot crack and I think the intensity told a bit in the end as we ran out of puff and the Dogs came home strong. We had them though and the players will realise this. Coming off a 5 day turnaround after a big physical match against the Rabbits, I was worried about tonight but I'll sleep well knowing the team gave it their all. That's 2 of the heavyweights who have had to work seriously hard to get the win. We're heading in the right direction for sure.

Cosimo_Zaretti

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 10:47 pm

I'm pretty happy with the way we played for the most part. The Tigers looked better than I expected 10 minutes either side of half time while Tapau and Galloway were off. We defended so well with a very green interchange bench. It would have been nice to take home the 2 points, but for some reason the referees awarded them to the losing side.

Angry Tiger 1

Post by Angry Tiger 1 » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 10:51 pm

I liked how Brooks got away with a blatant forward pass for the Lovett try. He throws so many of them even the refs are getting used to it.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 10:57 pm

willow wrote:I agree. We gave it a red hot crack and I think the intensity told a bit in the end as we ran out of puff and the Dogs came home strong. We had them though and the players will realise this. Coming off a 5 day turnaround after a big physical match against the Rabbits, I was worried about tonight but I'll sleep well knowing the team gave it their all. That's 2 of the heavyweights who have had to work seriously hard to get the win. We're heading in the right direction for sure.
Glad we have a big turnaround now

The young fellas will need it physically as well as mentally

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Flippedy » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 10:57 pm

willow wrote:I agree. We gave it a red hot crack and I think the intensity told a bit in the end as we ran out of puff and the Dogs came home strong. We had them though and the players will realise this. Coming off a 5 day turnaround after a big physical match against the Rabbits, I was worried about tonight but I'll sleep well knowing the team gave it their all. That's 2 of the heavyweights who have had to work seriously hard to get the win. We're heading in the right direction for sure.
Yeah gotta agree. I actually think we will take Parra next week and I very rarely have such confidence, but these young guys are getting better and better with each game and I reckon Parra will struggle to get up again after their epic win tonight.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:24 pm

Sure, there are plenty of positives to take from tonight's game, but not getting the two points when we had them in our pocket is a bloody big negative.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:28 pm

I don't disagree, but its a bitter pill atm. We should have won tonight, especially if we're the side many people think they are. You lead 24-6 with the momentum, there's no excuses to lose. There were things to be positive about, but call a spade a spade and take accountability for that capitulation. Maybe its just my emotions talking, but it was very disappointing,

Angry Tiger 1

Post by Angry Tiger 1 » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:29 pm

formerguest wrote:Sure, there are plenty of positives to take from tonight's game, but not getting the two points when we had them in our pocket is a bloody big negative.

Careful now! You'll upset the natives with talk like this...

guyofthetiger

Post by guyofthetiger » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:31 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:

They don't seem like the types to dwell.

Brooks missed the field goal by a whisker, and walked straight back to his mark with barely a grimace.

You know though, he'll be bookmarking how to perfect the same feat next time.

Classy kid to be sure.

Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:51 pm

I want them to dwell on that loss.
I want them to wake up in a cold sweat at 3am having nightmares about that loss.
They need to remember how it feels to throw away a match winning lead.
Regardless of how well they played for 55 minutes they need to have that fear of failure in the back of their mind from here on in to make sure that never, ever happens again.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:58 pm

Disappointed we didn't get the 2 pts but again we went the full 80 mins with last years grand finalist. Loving the Teddy & brooks show. Looks like the boys are starting to play what they see a little more. Jesse Sue was unreal & looked as tho he played a lot of minutes too. Thought Delouise looked comfortable in FG also. Still need to get those silly penalties/errors out of our game. Really hope Siro & Woods are right for next week.

Joe's Tigers

Post by Joe's Tigers » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 12:00 am

I'm still pissed off about the loss. That was unexucableto to lose that match being up 24-6. This loss could hurt us at the end of the season.

Galloway losing that ball on the first tackle was the turning point of the game. Bulldogs score shortly after and the rest is history.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 12:01 am

Sorry - can't find lots of happiness after losing in extra time.