Lots to be happy about

TJL

Re: Lots to be happy about

Post by TJL » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 12:02 am

Who can be happy about a loss especially after leading by 18 with 25 to go? Piss weak effort in the last 20 mins. Still a bottom 4 side IMHO since a decent side would have put them away.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 12:06 am

greatodensraven wrote:Disappointed we didn't get the 2 pts but again we went the full 80 mins with last years grand finalist. Loving the Teddy & brooks show. Looks like the boys are starting to play what they see a little more. Jesse Sue was unreal & looked as tho he played a lot of minutes too. Thought Delouise looked comfortable in FG also. Still need to get those silly penalties/errors out of our game. Really hope Siro & Woods are right for next week.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Yes and despite the silly errors etc, which can be easily rectified, they are already playing way better than they were last season. The forwards are making good metres and the new guys are bringing a lot of enthusiasm, even if they are still a little raw. Galloway is playing better than I've ever seen him play and Sirro will be a superstar one day - mark my words. Things are definitely on the way up, imo.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 12:11 am

very disappointed with the end result...loss

But very exited about the effort by the youngest side in WESTS Tigers history playing back to back grand finalist 2 weeks in a row...Proud supporter here...lots of upside
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 12:16 am

Yeah not many positives really. The great combo between Brooks and Ted was proven again, the pigs dug in again. That's about it.

A first grade side should never give up a lead like that whilst playing so well.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 12:28 am

stryker wrote:Yeah not many positives really. The great combo between Brooks and Ted was proven again, the pigs dug in again. That's about it.

A first grade side should never give up a lead like that whilst playing so well.
When I was doing my apprenticeship and finished, I got my craft certificate, my licence the whole shebang, showed my old man proud as punch, he smiled, then said "you arent a tradesman yet, you are a n apprentice and a day"... crushing, yet years later I understand.

Same of our team... they are just kids, sure they look the part in the uniforms and all, but they need the top level experience, and that can only come with time and exposure. Lessons like tonight are all part of the big picture, sure we would rather they not need to learn them, but they obviously do.

Ask anyone yesterday if they expected us to even have a 18 point lead tonight and they would have had you committed, the dogs are no joke. We are well on the right path, and if we can keep on improving week in week out as we have been, we will have plenty to smile about sooner rather than later.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 12:29 am

Our centres have to be the weakest in the NRL... They offer very little iin attack

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 12:43 am

I understand your analogy Blacknwhite, I am also a tradie.
I will add though that a team dominated by apprentices makes you no money. You need quality tradesmen to get the job done and keep the ship afloat until the apprentices are ready to become earners. That's something this club can't understand.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 12:51 am

We are a team that is learning to stay in the contest, we were lucky to even score the points we did, our forwards are keeping us in games our backs and our general attack stinks. We scored one try off a forward pass and one against the run of play. Once again our halves aren't really showing much again, Tedesco is all we have, it's blaringly obvious.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 12:53 am

Sins of the past Stryker... but we are looking like we are getting there the hard way.

CocaCola

Post by CocaCola » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 12:57 am

They were missing players in 3 key positions (half, centre & fb). Reynolds & B.Morris are some of the leagues best players, and Lafai is a decent player too.

It really was an opportunity lost regardless of how the team lost. On a positive, it's great to see the team get out of the defensive half and make meters with ease. We use to get bullied on our own goal line in previous years.

grrrrrrrrrr

Post by grrrrrrrrrr » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 12:59 am

The main thing that I'm happy about is being able to go to the game and be confident that we are going to be competitive no matter who we are playing. This was not the case under Potters watch.

Wests Tigers Fan

Post by Wests Tigers Fan » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 1:00 am

Surely you must be proud of our defence alone? Yes we had a fe tries scored against us tonight, but our defence looks more consistent than it has ever been...

The boys seem to be finally sliding in defence and not jumping in. I don't know about you, but personally it is so nice to see that when the ball is passed out wide by the opposition we often have enough players to shut the play down...

The last few years I have watched many games live and all games on tv. We have relied too many times on scrambling defence... This year is different.... We are not relying on such defence. We are waiting for the players and not jumping in... Of course we will let some tries in as we are not experts just yet, but we look a hell of a lot better than the last few years... At some stage our attack will gel and it will always pay off!!!

Games are won in defence first and foremost!! When you become a defensive force, you will begin to win games!!!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 1:01 am

grrrrrrrrrr wrote:The main thing that I'm happy about is being able to go to the game and be confident that we are going to be competitive no matter who we are playing. This was not the case under Potters watch.

Look I disagree , we were highly competitive unit at full or near full strength last season

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 1:06 am

The thing that's a worry is we've now played two sides who in my opinion were far from their best the bunnies were pretty ordinary and gave us plenty of opportunities to put them away but we just weren't capable and they beat us pretty easily, the dogs were the same they were ordinary also and had their weapons out and still we couldn't put them away.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 5:57 am

Im gutted the game turned so quickly. However, it was clear that our young guys were out on their feet in the last 15. As others have stated, losing Sirro and Sue at the end didnt help.

This reminded me of our failure to hold the 18-0 lead against Souths in 2013. There difference is in that game we always looked like getting run down. Today was most disappointing because the young guys seemed in total control.

I dont blame Keith - mistakes happen- but if he doesnt drop that ball from the kick off we likely go on and won the game.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 6:04 am

Overall, pretty young side, given the injuries last year have barely played any games together. On top of that a new coach.

Losing by 1 point to last years grand finalist after a 5 day turnaround after playing last years premiers in a tough game, who also lost.....

I think there are a lot of positives.

Just hope the players will see the positives and not be deflated.

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 6:35 am

I started a thread a few minutes ago, before I read this thread. I posted the following:-

I am sure I was as disappointed as any Wests Tigers fan after the game last night, BUT........

In the last two weeks, OUR team has played the two grand finalists from last year. We have played with the "left-overs" from last year plus some up-and-coming young (some VERY young!) players. There were comments on other threads that it was the youngest NRL team we have ever put on the field.

We did very well against the Rabbits until the last twenty minutes or so, BUT the players at no stage GAVE UP.

Last night, with more missing players, we had to play a 20 year old back rower and a 21 year old winger in their first NRL game against the other grand finalist from last year. The team almost snatched a win in a game, which the punters gave them NO HOPE OF WINNING and some of you are whinging about the performance!!!!!!

Well, I am proud of the performance of MY team last night. I can see the big improvement from last year and I think we will be the big improvers this year. I can see the positive changes the new coach and support staff and new players have produced this year, already.

I hope the majority of the TRUE TIGER SUPPORTERS agree with me. The remaining "supporters" ........

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 6:49 am

formerguest wrote:Sure, there are plenty of positives to take from tonight's game, but not getting the two points when we had them in our pocket is a bloody big negative.
Absolutely. Not acceptable at all.

Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999