No mention of the officiating?

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

No mention of the officiating?

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:39 pm

Let me preface this by saying i'm not one to blame referees. Often i'll be arguing with people, telling them to just accept the team lost. The Titans game for example, i thought people were talking rubbish. But tonight, my god. Yes we should not have conceded an 18 point lead, i mean its inexcusable really, but 3 decisions, 2 50-50, and one absolutely blatant going against us, destroyed whatever chance we had of salvaging something out of tonight. Perrett knocked it on twice from that kick off. James could have easily been penalized for not being square on the full time siren when he was all over Farah. Then the late shot on Brooks in extra time. Either the refs were just incompetent, or they just didn't have the balls to blow the whistle when the game was on the line. Either way it was disgraceful.

Angry Tiger 1

Unread post by Angry Tiger 1 » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:43 pm

Not to mention missing the forward pass from Brooks to Lovett that cost the Bulldogs 4 points.

Unfortunately the bad refereeing is here to stay. It never improves. Much like our 5th tackle kicking game.
Last edited by Angry Tiger 1 on Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wtigers

Unread post by wtigers » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:44 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Let me preface this by saying i'm not one to blame referees. Often i'll be arguing with people, telling them to just accept the team lost. The Titans game for example, i thought people were talking rubbish. But tonight, my god. Yes we should not have conceded an 18 point lead, i mean its inexcusable really, but 3 decisions, 2 50-50, and one absolutely blatant going against us, destroyed whatever chance we had of salvaging something out of tonight. Perrett knocked it on twice from that kick off. James could have easily been penalized for not being square on the full time siren when he was all over Farah. Then the late shot on Brooks in extra time. Either the refs were just incompetent, or they just didn't have the balls to blow the whistle when the game was on the line. Either way it was disgraceful.
I hate ref Blamers it's the cowards way out of a loss but I 100% agree wth you here

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

cktiger
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by cktiger » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:50 pm

I thought for sure the late shot on Moses in extra time would have been a penalty.
As usual refs terrible again through the whole game - for us and them.

hobbo
Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 92 times

Unread post by hobbo » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:50 pm

The Perrett no knock on is the one I'm Fuming over ... :rant

EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

Telltails
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 46 times

Unread post by Telltails » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:50 pm

Angry Tiger 1 wrote:Not to mention missing the forward pass from Brooks to Lovett that cost the Bulldogs 4 points.

Unfortunately the bad refereeing is here to stay. It never improves. Much like our 5th tackle kicking game.
Not a Brooks fan AT?

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:51 pm

wtigers wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Let me preface this by saying i'm not one to blame referees. Often i'll be arguing with people, telling them to just accept the team lost. The Titans game for example, i thought people were talking rubbish. But tonight, my god. Yes we should not have conceded an 18 point lead, i mean its inexcusable really, but 3 decisions, 2 50-50, and one absolutely blatant going against us, destroyed whatever chance we had of salvaging something out of tonight. Perrett knocked it on twice from that kick off. James could have easily been penalized for not being square on the full time siren when he was all over Farah. Then the late shot on Brooks in extra time. Either the refs were just incompetent, or they just didn't have the balls to blow the whistle when the game was on the line. Either way it was disgraceful.
I hate ref Blamers it's the cowards way out of a loss but I 100% agree wth you here

What can you say? Bad decisions like this happen just about every week in Rugby League (i.e. Penrith dudded last week) - it's only getting worse, not better. Hopefully we'll end up on the right end of some bad decisions further on into the season.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

fergiefurr
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by fergiefurr » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:53 pm

The tedesco no try was harsh too IMO

It got sent upstairs as try

Simona running Into hodkinson had zero effect on the play. Tedesco was Jackson's man, hodkinson wouldn't have got within 5ms of tedesco

Angry Tiger 1

Unread post by Angry Tiger 1 » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:56 pm

Telltails wrote:
Angry Tiger 1 wrote:Not to mention missing the forward pass from Brooks to Lovett that cost the Bulldogs 4 points.

Not a Brooks fan AT?
I like Brooks. Good speed, good vision and great attacking kicks in broken play (kicks to Tedesco are incredible).

I just can't get over how many forward passes he is throwing this year? Such a fundamental error. If your runner over runs, hold the ball, throw a cut out or throw the dummy. It is a blight on his game at the moment. Lucky he has only be pulled up by the refs a few times.
Last edited by Angry Tiger 1 on Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:56 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:The Perrett no knock on is the one I'm Fuming over ... :rant

Yeah that was bad, every other day that is a knock on. In fact, many of the ones they do call as knock ons aren't even as obvious as that one.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 254 times
Been liked: 384 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 12:07 am

Why bother really...they are Koala Bears...

On the whole we got the ruff end of the pineapple again but great teams rise above it
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

alexaki

Unread post by alexaki » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 12:22 am

Refs were so bad tonight.. No wonder people are turning away

Telltails
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 46 times

Unread post by Telltails » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 12:28 am

Angry Tiger 1 wrote:
Telltails wrote:

Not a Brooks fan AT?
I like Brooks. Good speed, good vision and great attacking kicks in broken play (kicks to Tedesco are incredible).

I just can't get over how many forward passes he is throwing this year? Such a fundamental error. If your runner over runs, hold the ball, throw a cut out or throw the dummy. It is a blight on his game at the moment. Lucky he has only be pulled up by the refs a few times.
Thanks for clarifying - understand your where you are coming from now. Devastating loss. Been a fan of WT'S too long to ever feel comfortable with any lead with twenty five to go. The crucial errors are ridiculous yet individual form of the players is generally pretty good. Good effort but unfortunately no result = a very bitter pill to swallow.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 254 times
Been liked: 384 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 2:18 pm

The worst is..whats with the Scumdog players loitering in the ruck not allowing our markers to get at the kickers...every team does it and it should be a penalty.....LOL at Graham at the beginning of GP barking instructions to Klien about markers... :rant over
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Jerry Seinfeld

Unread post by Jerry Seinfeld » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 2:30 pm

Telltails wrote:

Not a Brooks fan AT?

Hes not a fan of anything pro Wests Tigers.Not sure what game hes trying to play.

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Sabre » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 2:34 pm

Horrible calls both ways.
No idea how Klein is continually allowed to referee First Grade.
Touch judges these days are a waste of space too it seems.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

Russell
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 123 times

Unread post by Russell » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 2:51 pm

I have been saying for years (nothing changes) but you need to put yourself in a situation where dodgy Ref. calls do not hinder you. (e.g. allow 10 points).

So when you run on to kick off, you are already ten points behind. You need to overcome that margin and then add points to win the game as well as keep the 10 point referee margin.

The Tigers have been suffering this deficient for as long as I can remember.

Need to take the referees out of the equation - the only doubt is ... is 10 enough LOL.

Return to “Round 4: Wests Tigers vs Bulldogs”