Galloway

Wests Tigers Fan

Galloway

Unread post by Wests Tigers Fan » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 12:49 am

Bottom line is he gave the ball away in good field position after we were on a roll and they scored a try and began a roll themselves.... It doesn't matter how much time was left after he knocked it on... They got the ball in good field position and scored a try..

Keith has done better this year yes. He still isn't bending the line as much as he could or running the ball as hard as he could but he has shown a great improvement to which he should be commended...

The knock on he made in a crucial period of the game in a crucial part of the ground is a bad mistake from a player of his calibre. This isn't a grey area, it was a bad mistake from him.

Unfortunately for us it lead to them taking control of the game. He is not solely to blame for the loss, but anyone with half a brain can see the impact that HIS mistake made on the game......

I'm sure Keith knows the same, I hope that it adds fuel to the fire to see him continue to work on improving his game and see him get back to his best...

This is not a Keith bashing msg, it is an observation of what happened in the game. Sometimes what players do can turn the ride of a game. Unfortunately for us a mistake did just that.

Keith has shown improvement this year in his attack. With his size and a new dedication I hope to see more improvement in his attacking skills...

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

happy tiger
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 12:57 am

1 Teddy kicked it dead
2 Naiqama missed a tackle
3 Lawrence missed a tackle and gave away a penalty

Everyone made errors that lead to the game being different and the result changing including refs and coaches

Wests Tigers Fan

Unread post by Wests Tigers Fan » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 1:07 am

happy tiger wrote:1 Teddy kicked it dead

Everyone made errors that lead to the game being different and the result changing including refs and coaches
True....
But the one turning point was Galloway dropping the ball in the first hit up... Have a look at the stats of how many times the ball has been dropped in the first hot up. Then have a look at how many times an international prop has dropped it in the first hot up... I think you'll find the number to be quite small...

As I said Galloway did not singly handedly lose the game for us.... His knock on led to a 6 point try in a position that really did not warrant a knock on at all...

You can talk as much as you like about how much game time there was after the knock on... Bottom line is, we scored two quick tries and had a good lead and the game was going out way,Galloway knocks on in a situation there was no need for a knock on, they score a try straight away and now have momentum...

Fumbles

Unread post by Fumbles » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 1:07 am

Turning point was Galloway dropping the ball and then the soft try to the Canterbury hooker.

Wests Tigers Fan

Unread post by Wests Tigers Fan » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 1:11 am

Please excuse the poor spelling... Typed on an iphone the spelling isn't as good as it should be :p

wd in perth
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by wd in perth » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 3:26 am

Naiqama also had come in off his wing when that pass to his opponent was taken and the dogs had there second in quick succession. Plenty of errors from everyone but the dropped ball from Keith was just horrendous.

red dogg

Unread post by red dogg » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 5:43 am

Gee we have some great supporters....

1 drop ball and out come the knifes

19 points and 20 minutes later and that's all we remember

MightyMaggy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by MightyMaggy » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 6:25 am

I am sure I was as disappointed as any Wests Tigers fan after the game last night, BUT........

In the last two weeks, OUR team has played the two grand finalists from last year. We have played with the "left-overs" from last year plus some up-and-coming young (some VERY young!) players. There were comments on other threads that it was the youngest NRL team we have ever put on the field.

We did very well against the Rabbits until the last twenty minutes or so, BUT the players at no stage GAVE UP.

Last night, with more missing players, we had to play a 20 year old back rower and a 21 year old winger in their first NRL game against the other grand finalist from last year. The team almost snatched a win in a game, which the punters gave them NO HOPE OF WINNING and some of you are whinging about the performance!!!!!!

Well, I am proud of the performance of MY team last night. I can see the big improvement from last year and I think we will be the big improvers this year. I can see the positive changes the new coach and support staff and new players have produced this year, already.

I hope the majority of the TRUE TIGER SUPPORTERS agree with me. The remaining "supporters" ........

willow
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unread post by willow » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 7:12 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:One bad error and the baggers come our of their holes again.

Galloway has been great this year and was very good again tonight.
Agree. Solid game once again.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 7:19 am

Kiethy had a very good game again last night,he has taken the ball up to the best of his ability and is trying to lead by example that the young guys follow,he made an error in his keenness to get us points,why knock him for that,many a brilliant player has made mistakes and shows they are only human...Kieth has played much better this year and should be commended on his efforts,not bagged for an error...he is going well this year....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Black Orange White

Unread post by Black Orange White » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 7:33 am

MightyMaggy wrote:I am sure I was as disappointed as any Wests Tigers fan after the game last night, BUT........

In the last two weeks, OUR team has played the two grand finalists from last year. We have played with the "left-overs" from last year plus some up-and-coming young (some VERY young!) players. There were comments on other threads that it was the youngest NRL team we have ever put on the field.

We did very well against the Rabbits until the last twenty minutes or so, BUT the players at no stage GAVE UP.

Last night, with more missing players, we had to play a 20 year old back rower and a 21 year old winger in their first NRL game against the other grand finalist from last year. The team almost snatched a win in a game, which the punters gave them NO HOPE OF WINNING and some of you are whinging about the performance!!!!!!

Well, I am proud of the performance of MY team last night. I can see the big improvement from last year and I think we will be the big improvers this year. I can see the positive changes the new coach and support staff and new players have produced this year, already.

I hope the majority of the TRUE TIGER SUPPORTERS agree with me. The remaining "supporters" ........
I get your point and all, but Tigers absolutely annihilated both of them last year, so aren't we regressing using your logic?

Russell
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 118 times

Unread post by Russell » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 8:23 am

Wests Tigers Fan wrote:

True....
But the one turning point was Galloway dropping the ball in the first hit up... Have a look at the stats of how many times the ball has been dropped in the first hot up. Then have a look at how many times an international prop has dropped it in the first hot up... I think you'll find the number to be quite small...

As I said Galloway did not singly handedly lose the game for us.... His knock on led to a 6 point try in a position that really did not warrant a knock on at all...

You can talk as much as you like about how much game time there was after the knock on... Bottom line is, we scored two quick tries and had a good lead and the game was going out way,Galloway knocks on in a situation there was no need for a knock on, they score a try straight away and now have momentum...

The point is, one mistake is not the end of the game.

A good experienced side with that much time to go would have overcome the error.
A side like Manly would not have lost that game at 24-12.

It was not the error it was the inexperience of the youngest side we have ever put on the park. Patience is what is needed - by us, not them.

Russell
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 118 times

Unread post by Russell » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 8:28 am

Black Orange White wrote:
MightyMaggy wrote:I am sure I was as disappointed as any Wests Tigers fan after the game last night, BUT........

I get your point and all, but Tigers absolutely annihilated both of them last year, so aren't we regressing using your logic?

No. If you can't see the difference.....

crusader

Unread post by crusader » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 8:31 am

We had 20 minutes to kick a field goal when at 24-6. I blame all the leaders/playmakers in our team. Reminded me of 2010-11. We don't know how to close a game. We over complicate the plays when the most basic will do.

Love the WestsTigers
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 8:47 am

I got stick last time i said he needs to take a leaf out of Woody's book and learn from the young bloke.

KG is not hopeless, but he is no X factor either.
Par at best when compared to the rest of the field.
Thats my piece,hope i dont hit a nerve anywhere

Magpie Ryan

Unread post by Magpie Ryan » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 12:19 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Black'n'White wrote:
Angry Tiger 1 wrote:
Magpie Ryan wrote:Yeah Keith has been strong for us again this year,so far,but that dropped ball played a big roll in us losing that game tonight.
I think when you watch the game again you'll see that there was enough football played after that incident to negate it. We even got a favourable call on a Lawrence strip. What was more costly was Taupau losing the ball 1 meter out from the dogs try line. Funny how that hasn't had a mention.
lol, not picking you out, but the tv showed that as a strip by Hodkinson.
We should have never got to that play anyway , After Ava's charge we should of taken the one point then

He got a quick play the ball , about 10 out ......
Clearly I'm not entirely blaming Keith,and I know others made errors,I just expect our senior players to understand the importance of those situations in the game.
Always been a big fan of Keith,apart from the dropped ball I agree that Ava and himself led the way up front.

It was a momentum killer non the less..

cochise
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by cochise » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 1:14 pm

The dropped ball by Farah in the leadup to fulltime was a much larger mistake, he was trying to draw a penalty and messed it up. We were in excellent position for a field goal that would have won the game.

On Galloway, he is a very different front rower to woods. Woods is a fight for every cm player, Galloway is a front rower who will more often than not finish the tackle on his stomach to gain a quick play the ball. Watch how he goes into tackle he is positioning his body to ensure he hits the ground on his stomach.

Jerry Seinfeld

Unread post by Jerry Seinfeld » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 2:25 pm

red dogg wrote:Gee we have some great supporters....

1 drop ball and out come the knifes

19 points and 20 minutes later and that's all we remember

Agreed.Not to mention up until that point KG was playin great.One dropped ball does not equal 19 points in 20 minutes guys.If the players had the same mentality of some of the posters on here Wests Tigers would NEVER win a game again EVER. :brick:

Return to “Round 4: Wests Tigers vs Bulldogs”