Jason Taylor Tonight -

Tony33

Jason Taylor Tonight -

Unread post by Tony33 » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 1:58 am

"Tonight was a really positive night for the club.

We are dissapointed with the scoreboard but there was so much to take out of the game.

We are heading in the right direction, no doubt about it"

Interestingly, in an interview with MMM he also pointed to the physical match last Sunday, taking it out of the boys tonight on a 5 day turn around. He mentioned how the same thing happened to Souths tonight as well against the eels.

Is he doing a Sheens and making excuses, deflecting attention or speaking the truth ?

http://t.co/wF7vkmpbQ7

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 2:05 am

Tony33 wrote:"Tonight was a really positive night for the club.

We are dissapointed with the scoreboard but there was so much to take out of the game.

Interestingly, in an interview with MMM he also pointed to the physical match last Sunday, taking it out of the boys tonight on a 5 day turn around. He mentioned how the same thing happened to Souths tonight as well against the eels.

Is he doing a Sheens and making excuses, deflecting attention or speaking the truth ?

He is not making excuses. Look at how flat Souths looked tonight.

Tony33

Unread post by Tony33 » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 2:13 am

Newtown wrote:
Tony33 wrote:"Tonight was a really positive night for the club.

He is not making excuses. Look at how flat Souths looked tonight.
I agree. I was just posing the question..

wd in perth
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by wd in perth » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 2:40 am

Well many said South looked flat last week too. I\m starting to think they aren't as good as everyone seems to suggest. Take out Inglis, and they're a significantly depleted team. In saying that, why any team should have to deal with a five day turn around is beyond me. What a joke.

Tony33

Unread post by Tony33 » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 2:52 am

In the post match of last weeks game JT said something along the lines of "we have some bashed up bodies in there." On a 5 day turn around that's huge against another big, physical pack.

If you watch the replay our defence was completely shot in the final 25 minutes.

I was at the game and you could see a few players cramping up towards the final 10 minutes of regulation time. We were spent.

Still we had enough chances to win that game, regardless of how fatigued we were. We learnt a few tough lessons tonight and i suspect some players will be hanging for next weeks match.

Fortunately for their bodies they'll be waiting a while this time round. Not sure what the long wait will do for them mentally though. I'd imagine they would be keen to get back out their ASAP and get this game out of their heads.

wd in perth
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by wd in perth » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 3:13 am

If thats the case, then all the more reason that our game plan be to get the ball out of play more towards the end of the game. What was the plan throughout that period? I don't think they had one.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 187 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 6:48 am

An excuse wouldve been him bringing up the knock on off the kick off....which he didnt

willow
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 68 times

Unread post by willow » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 7:02 am

Spoke the truth. We pushed the Dogs all the way but you could see we hit the wall in the final 20. Brave effort and the execution was much improved. Given we fielded our youngest ever side last night the one thing we lacked was experience. I think the last two weeks will put us in good stead moving forward.

Russell
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 118 times

Unread post by Russell » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 8:12 am

Don't think Taylor was making excuses - we didn't need any.

The Boys played well - they did their best on the night and that is all you can ask.

I for one am very proud of them.

It was experience that beat them - nothing else. At 24-6 you should not lose the game and that will come with more games. Some very big positives IMO.

You can point to a number of incidences - we all saw them.

Don't need to get into what might have been and take away from a fine effort.

OutbackJack
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by OutbackJack » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 8:17 am

willow wrote:Spoke the truth. We pushed the Dogs all the way but you could see we hit the wall in the final 20. Brave effort and the execution was much improved. Given we fielded our youngest ever side last night the one thing we lacked was experience. I think the last two weeks will put us in good stead moving forward.
I have to agree with you Willow, except for one thing. They were the youngest side ever, and they played well, but then, with an inexperienced side it comes down to the captaincy. There were a number of times when we had the chance to go for a field goal but didn't. The captain should have been directing more than I could see he did.

Still, a good effort and we can build from here.

Furious1
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by Furious1 » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 8:25 am

JT at this point, has done an outstanding job. He speaks the truth and from the outside, he seems to have the group very tight.
There was no doubt the boys ran out of puff. Their kick chase became very staggered towards the back end of the game. Some poor refereeing decisions, and lots of inexperience all contributed.

On a side note young Sironen is starting to look real good.

And another sidey..........how loud are the Bulldogs supporters! It must give them a great lift

wicked_j

Unread post by wicked_j » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 8:26 am

I thoguht the NRL got rid of the whole 5 day turnaround thing? Or do they only care to stop a team playing Monday then Friday?

Anyway, I think I feel a little let down by our more experienced players if anything who probably should have stepped up a little more later in the game - Brooks and Moses are still learning how to take control in the last 20 so this game will be a good experience for them, hopefully JT goes through a lot of video work with them on things they could have done in the last 20 as the playmakers of the team

Tiger In The Gong

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 8:28 am

Kind of get the feeling this will be the game that is credited for some really strong late season form.

So much for the coach to use out of the game to teach this side how to play like a top 4 team.

NT Tiger
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 8:41 am

Straight talk from the coach. No excuses and no need for them.
"Quality Stupidity"

lathami

Unread post by lathami » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 8:56 am

Sorry,
But it's the experianced players who let us down 2nite. Galloway and his drop ball, and old man Lawrence with his coming out of he line to try and smash the wrong player leaving a 2 on 1 play. That's twice he did again last week, and a thousand times last year, we were sliding well or night then he has to try and be the hero. Galloway I can understand he had a great game apart from that. Lawrence not!!!
Taylor needs to address this ASAP!!!
But after all the spilled milk, Taylor has done an excellent job so far, our defence is much stronger tha team is more focused. Amazing what can happen when a coach has some idea?!? Every offence intended potter!!!!

OutbackJack
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by OutbackJack » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 7:43 pm

lathami wrote: Amazing what can happen when a coach has some idea?!? Every offence intended potter!!!!
When Potter was coach we thrashed the Bulldogs and also beat Souths. No point in kicking a fairly decent man when he is down.

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 10:21 pm

Very proud of the our team's effort against the Bulldogs. I was surprised we didn't take the two points, close to half time though. Might have made a difference. I liked Mosses kicking game too. :)

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sun 29 Mar, 2015 8:10 pm

lathami,JT is doing a fantastic job this year,he hasn't got his hands tied or against the wall with half his squad out through injury...

Potter is a very good coach and made the best of what he had under excruciating circumstances,injuries,front office inhouse fighting and limited finances..

Don't kick a man when he's down,unless you have walked a mile in his shoes...

LET HE WHO HAS NOT SINNED CAST THE FIRST STONE....

Look to the future and don't dwell on the past...l.
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Return to “Round 4: Wests Tigers vs Bulldogs”