Moses

Tiger In The Gong

Moses

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 8:52 am

Well someone had to start one...

If it was Moltzen or Benji the forum would be in melt down. In Jason Taylor fashion ill keep it short and simple.

He is struggling and taking a long time to adapt to either Taylor's structure or the quality of the opposition.

Russell
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 126 times

Unread post by Russell » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 9:05 am

Tiger In The Gong wrote:Well someone had to start one...

If it was Moltzen or Benji the forum would be in melt down. In Jason Taylor fashion ill keep it short and simple.

He is struggling and taking a long time to adapt to either Taylor's structure or the quality of the opposition.
Your point being?

I thought he had a great game in defence, kicking game was better than average and his goal kicking was 100%.

So you must be talking about attack. Patience is a virtue.

I suppose you want to swap him for a half back that can't play 5/8?

Mighty Tiger
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Mighty Tiger » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 9:14 am

Tiger In The Gong wrote:Well someone had to start one...

Long time? It's been 4 games and it was clear up until last night that the halves where told not to run the ball etc.

The combinations with the key 4 will take time especially since they all like to be the playmaker its getting them to play as a flowing team and picking their time that's the key.

The traffic thrown at him last night with Sue not playing as his inside blocker / support player was as good as a kid his size could have done and yet he still was trying to take the guys on.

Brooks and Moses had there best game together last night sure they didn't close the game down but that will be a learning curb for them, however they both showed positive signs to the way JT is directing them to play.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 9:33 am

attacking while keeping up with an enromous defence workload is the hardest thing about moving into the halves as a young kid. look at milford!

and moses is still quite weedy, so he'd be having even more trouble. once he puts on a few and gets more comfortable in the halves (remember he played a lot of fullback last year) he'll be fine.

give it a year or so. this forum seems to want instant results from kids that were doing their hsc a couple of years ago.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 9:34 am

I thought Moses was pretty good last night.

simonthetiger

Unread post by simonthetiger » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 9:41 am

stevetiger wrote:I thought Moses was pretty good last night.

Yeah, i dunno what the OP was watching but he had a couple of nice touches that nearly led to tries and his kicks were better and tell me he doesnt have a red hot go in defense!

That was the best game our 6/7 have had!!!

I reckon ten more games and we are gonna be grinning from ear to ear about our 1/6/7.

littletiger

Unread post by littletiger » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 9:47 am

Haven't watched game on tv yet. But I can't help but think the team is missing the Scot prince type half who has a controlling kicking game. I think we have that with drinkwater.. drinkwater is what the team needs at the moment.

willow
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 86 times

Unread post by willow » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 9:52 am

Can't fault his effort or commitment last night. 100% with the boot and it's clear our attacking structure is still a work in progress but there are promising signs.

Russell
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 126 times

Unread post by Russell » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 9:54 am

littletiger wrote:Haven't watched game on tv yet. But I can't help but think the team is missing the Scot prince type half who has a controlling kicking game. I think we have that with drinkwater.. drinkwater is what the team needs at the moment.

How about you watch the game first - and then see if you want to get rid of Brooks into oblivion???????

Stayed tuned I'm going to comment in a few minutes on how everyone played in round Eight.

Tiger In The Gong

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 10:04 am

The common theme from the posts above is that most people see them as a halves combination. People are judging them as a collective.

Thats all good, i like both of them and the combination will great in time.

But Moses is living on potential not performance at the moment.

In a team without a strong fullback Moses would be great at fullback at this stage of his development.

wd in perth
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by wd in perth » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 11:10 am

There's no room for Moses bashing after that performance. He did really great.

tigerbalm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by tigerbalm » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 11:13 am

stevetiger wrote:I thought Moses was pretty good last night.
Yea.

Out of all the players I thought that would cop a bashing on here I did not see Moses being one. He played well.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

tsjonathan
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by tsjonathan » Sat 28 Mar, 2015 11:24 am

Tiger In The Gong wrote:The common theme from the posts above is that most people see them as a halves combination. People are judging them as a collective.

Thats all good, i like both of them and the combination will great in time.

But Moses is living on potential not performance at the moment.

In a team without a strong fullback Moses would be great at fullback at this stage of his development.
Do you realise a lot of members rate Moses over Brooks? I'd give him at least a year to develop.

Drinkwater is a bandaid solution. I want long term success not a win here and there.

Return to “Round 4: Wests Tigers vs Bulldogs”