WESTS Tigers Team V Parramatta

littletiger

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Parramatta

Unread post by littletiger » Tue 31 Mar, 2015 9:47 pm

Geo. wrote:
littletiger wrote:Who position is Buchanan taking. Isn't there usually a front rower in front of him?
Lodge be injured...
Oh yeah.. thanks mate. We pretty light in the front row ay.

happy tiger
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Tue 31 Mar, 2015 9:54 pm

willow wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:What has Jesse done wrong ??
Nothing. :crazy ..you don't think the side is better balanced I'm tipping he'll get more minutes off the bench playing in the middle than he did starting last week....
Jesse is far more intimidating than Lovett with the ball in hand , was the great thing about having him wider of the ruck , he creates space for the rest of the backline

Personally I think we look better with Lovett off the bench and Sue starting , I think Lovett would have far more room to move coming off the bench against tired defenders
I think Taylor sees Sue as the go-forward guy while Woods and Taupau are off the field and his instructions will be to make 1 hitup every set while he's out there.

One thing Lovett has shown so far is that he has a very good motor and can play the full 80 if need be.
My problem still is the fact that Ava is being underutilized , I would love to see the metre per average hit up per forward I reckon Ava would be on top imo

The question comes back to this Willow , do we want back rowers who can play 80 or do we want back rowers who can effectively dint the defensive line ??

Lovett doesn't fit the later mould in my opinion at this stage

With our ineffectiveness in the centres we need back rowers who can create havoc and help create something for Brooks , Moses and Tedesco

When we have quality centres , Lovett will be perfect in my opinion with Sirro on the left

Just my opinion though

AmericanHistoryX

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 31 Mar, 2015 10:06 pm

let's hope you're right
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Wed 01 Apr, 2015 11:41 am

happy tiger wrote:
willow wrote:
happy tiger wrote:]
happy tiger wrote:What has Jesse done wrong ??
Nothing. :crazy ..you don't think the side is better balanced I'm tipping he'll get more minutes off the bench playing in the middle than he did starting last week....

Jesse is far more intimidating than Lovett with the ball in hand , was the great thing about having him wider of the ruck , he creates space for the rest of the backline

Personally I think we look better with Lovett off the bench and Sue starting , I think Lovett would have far more room to move coming off the bench against tired defenders
I think Taylor sees Sue as the go-forward guy while Woods and Taupau are off the field and his instructions will be to make 1 hitup every set while he's out there.

One thing Lovett has shown so far is that he has a very good motor and can play the full 80 if need be.
My problem still is the fact that Ava is being underutilized , I would love to see the metre per average hit up per forward I reckon Ava would be on top imo

The question comes back to this Willow , do we want back rowers who can play 80 or do we want back rowers who can effectively dint the defensive line ??

Lovett doesn't fit the later mould in my opinion at this stage

With our ineffectiveness in the centres we need back rowers who can create havoc and help create something for Brooks , Moses and Tedesco

When we have quality centres , Lovett will be perfect in my opinion with Sirro on the left

Just my opinion though
I reckon in the 2 games Lovett has played on edge (one as a centre) he has got us on the front foot far more effectively than Sue did out wide.
Sure IMO looks far more suited to the middle than the edge to me.

As for Ava, he is improving, last year he ended on his back almost everytime, getting a slow PTB, this year he has fixed that, which is terrific. Only drama with Ava is he doesnt work hard from marker and once he gets tired can be an issue in defence. I reckon they have got it spot on with him at the moment, just a couple shortish stints gets the best of Ava.

With lodge out, this team is the most balanced Ive seen.

There is a question, who misses the bench. Does Buchannan miss out or play the role that Santi has playing ( a high work rate 20-25 minutes)

I suspect Santi misses out, but Id go the other way and leave out Buchannen.

jirskyr
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 110 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Wed 01 Apr, 2015 12:50 pm

[quote="Goose]I reckon in the 2 games Lovett has played on edge (one as a centre) he has got us on the front foot far more effectively than Sue did out wide.
Sure IMO looks far more suited to the middle than the edge to me.

As for Ava, he is improving, last year he ended on his back almost everytime, getting a slow PTB, this year he has fixed that, which is terrific. Only drama with Ava is he doesnt work hard from marker and once he gets tired can be an issue in defence. I reckon they have got it spot on with him at the moment, just a couple shortish stints gets the best of Ava.

With lodge out, this team is the most balanced Ive seen.

There is a question, who misses the bench. Does Buchannan miss out or play the role that Santi has playing ( a high work rate 20-25 minutes)

I suspect Santi misses out, but Id go the other way and leave out Buchannen.[/quote]
I agree 100% on Ava. He is a quality backup prop but still has a long way to go on the 1%ers.

Return to “Round 5: Wests Tigers vs Eels”