CHRIS LAWRENCE MUST BE DROPPED!

Goose

Re: CHRIS LAWRENCE MUST BE DROPPED!

Unread post by Goose » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 11:24 am

Balmain Boy wrote:Lawrence had a decent game, for a back rower! Do people understand that the role of a centre isn't to cart the ball up strongly? That's a bonus but hardly a requirement. Everything that has been said about his good games are reflective of a good game for a backrower!

Usually when a centre has a good game not only do they defend well but they make a couple of breaks, score tries or get try assists. Chris hasn't scored, set up a try or even made a break for a long, long time. How can we score if our backs play like props/backrowers?

Lawrence to replace Lovett in the back row. And back to play in the backs.
Clearly the role they have planned for him. This is becoming very much a part of the outside backs role.

He was given space twice yesterday and executed well.

The difference between edge back rower and centre is narrowing.

simonthetiger

Unread post by simonthetiger » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 11:27 am

I thought he looked like a pretty good centre yesterday.

Rans some good lines and gave balls to Kev.

I must have been watching a different game??

Juro
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Juro » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 11:30 am

I note that Lawrence has now gone 14 games without scoring a try. Not sure where one is going to come from at the moment...
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 11:45 am

Juro wrote:I note that Lawrence has now gone 14 games without scoring a try. Not sure where one is going to come from at the moment...
Don't worry Juro, up until last week Josh Morris hadn't scored one for nearly a whole year and he's an Origin rep!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Eddie
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Eddie » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 11:58 am

People saying he had a brilliant game, I am just baffled

Maybe that is how low the expectations are these days for Chris.A brilliant game might be making a line break, or running someone down, or scoring a try or catching a bomb, or showing some footwork. All the attributes of a centre.

If under JTs new game plan having a centre playing like a back rower/prop the he is doing a decent job.He is running hard and making some dirty metres.

His defence has been decent but boy he was looked in trouble a few times on our line. Only desperate scramble has saved him. And the last 2 weeks he has let in crucial tries yesterday from dummy half and last week the Dogs last try.

Fordy20

Unread post by Fordy20 » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 1:54 pm

Lawrence is playing like a second rower because of the quality of the ball he's getting. He's gotta go looking for the ball and make dirty metres because the bloke inside him isn't giving him good service.

Most people are saying that our halves need time to develop. If that's the case, then we need to show our centres the same leniency, simply because they are the backs whose performances rely most heavily on service from the halves.

Other than his error playing the ball, Rowdy played well. His one on one defence was exemplary, case in point was how he held up Hopoate. The bloke got a try assist and made some good metres in less than ideal conditions.

The real problem is, far too many people have their minds made up and cannot be relied upon to objectively evaluate his performances.

tiga4eva
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by tiga4eva » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 2:01 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Moses is the one in my eyes thats the worry. Struggling in attack, and hasn't kicked on from the form he showed last yr. Not sure what the answer is though as there really aren't many other options, so you have to persist with him.
I'm with you. I just want to say after 80mins "he played well" I haven't said that this year

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Fraze23
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Fraze23 » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 2:21 pm

Fordy20 wrote:Lawrence is playing like a second rower because of the quality of the ball he's getting. He's gotta go looking for the ball and make dirty metres because the bloke inside him isn't giving him good service.

Most people are saying that our halves need time to develop. If that's the case, then we need to show our centres the same leniency, simply because they are the backs whose performances rely most heavily on service from the halves.

Other than his error playing the ball, Rowdy played well. His one on one defence was exemplary, case in point was how he held up Hopoate. The bloke got a try assist and made some good metres in less than ideal conditions.

The real problem is, far too many people have their minds made up and cannot be relied upon to objectively evaluate his performances.
Bang on. Lawrence or Simona haven't received any decent ball at all. Once the Halves gel the centres will too. Our defence has been pretty good so far this year, our attack will get there we just need to be patient.

AmericanHistoryX

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 3:35 pm

Furious1 wrote:This topic seems to me like you didn't watch the game today. It wreaks of " I'm not sure what to do so I'll pick on Lawrence "

The team as a whole was piss poor. They grinded out a win, and for most of it a huge contributor to that win was Lawrence

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
piss poor?

when were we the team that ever grinded out a win.

We just weren't capable in the past. In 2005 we were flambouyant.

You should be happy.

Don't be so furious
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Return to “Round 5: Wests Tigers vs Eels”