CHRIS LAWRENCE MUST BE DROPPED!

fergiefurr

CHRIS LAWRENCE MUST BE DROPPED!

Post by fergiefurr » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 5:59 pm

Apart from that drop he was ok, well by his standard. Unforunately I don't think we really have much knocking in the door.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:02 pm

Really? One mistake but otherwise close to our best making try saver aftet try saver but lets drop him?

Rowdy may deserve on other performances but on todays he would be close to first picked.

Lovett is the one who will be lucky to survive the cut. His non-effort on Peats was so bad it looked like he had money on the Eels.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:02 pm

magpiecol wrote:Moses and Brooks were ordinary today. Their kicking games were shocking. Moses should give way for Drinkwater. Farah has continued with his indifferent form.

Lawrence was ok today.
Simona exploited it.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:04 pm

magpiecol wrote:Moses and Brooks were ordinary today. Their kicking games were shocking. Moses should give way for Drinkwater. Farah has continued with his indifferent form.

Lawrence was ok today.
Really? Kicking games ordinary. Eels were carting it out from their 10-15 on every set apart from one that Brooks muffed. I was coming on here to praise their kicking games.

batboy

Post by batboy » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:05 pm

On the reverse, anyone see SKD's game in a god awful side yesterday....
He could replace both our centres at the same time.
If I see simona with another "I don't want it tip onto Richards" again I'm going to vomit!!

Put wingers on the wing and find us some god damn centres FFS!!

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:10 pm

batboy wrote:On the reverse, anyone see SKD's game in a god awful side yesterday....
If I see simona with another "I don't want it tip onto Richards" again I'm going to vomit!!

Simona had 3 try assists before this game, more than teddy and one less than brooks.

How do you think Richards became our top try scorer?
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:12 pm

Not a fan of Lawrence but i thought he was Ok today and the try he saved keeps him in the top team for another few weeks

LCA

Post by LCA » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:17 pm

Agree with the OP. He is way past his best and is a liability. Nofo to the wing and Naqaima to centres with Tim S. Enough is enough.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:18 pm

Here we go again.

Drinkwater is not a 5/8, he is a half back and Moltzen (well how many games has he played in the 2 years?).

This Sheens mentality to play people out of position all the time is not on.
Halves to 5/8, centres to back rowers, 5/8 to centre - what is doing? I thought we were over all that stuff when he left.

If you had been asked before round one - would you take 3 wins from the first five games, stand up really well against "Souffs" last years premiers and throw the game away against last years grand finalists and get beat in golden point, would you have taken it? Of course you would.

The trouble is there is an element that think because you win a couple of games, you can win the premiership. What happened to the youngsters gaining experience this year, that they learn from JT and the few experienced players we have. That there will be rocks and diamonds games (today was rocks - but we still won).

Yeah! patience - we'll give them time.

Game 5 and x amount are disenchanted with Brooks and ready to crucify Moses.
Give them a break - there defense has been good, kicking game is a work in progress and they haven't even been given their head in attack yet.

By the way they are about 20 (combined, have they even played 50 NRL games) and not Andrew Johns or Wally Lewis. However - let's give them a chance to try and be.

If we lose a couple games along the way - big deal - don't want to, but in the long term.....

batboy

Post by batboy » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:21 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
batboy wrote:On the reverse, anyone see SKD's game in a god awful side yesterday....

Simona had 3 try assists before this game, more than teddy and one less than brooks.

That'd be Simonas only stat worthy of note.. I'd like to see that "try assist" stat stacked up against all the other starting centres in the game. A last pass is a try assist...

Black Orange White

Post by Black Orange White » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:22 pm

He should be dropped for Nofoaluma but he wasn't that bad today.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:23 pm

batboy wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:

That'd be Simonas only stat worthy of note.. I'd like to see that "try assist" stat stacked up against all the other starting centres in the game. A last pass is a try assist...
well you literally just said he doesnt want to tip it on. yet hes tipped it on for tries as much as anyone on our team bar brooks.

and as for how he stacks up against others. he's clear 2nd. takarangi in 1st, and im guessing after the stats are updated he will be equal 1st for centres. rest are all halves and a couple of fullbacks.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:24 pm

Well Nofo should be back very soon, so something will have to change in our three quarter line. I thought Lawrence had a fairly good game today, especially in the first half and Simona has been steadily improving each week and was one of the best today. If JT drops Naiqama for Nofo I will not be happy - he has been a great addition to our squad and you could not possibly drop Richards. So looks like a bit of a selection headache coming up for JT I think.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

pacman

Post by pacman » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:25 pm

batboy wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:

What are you on? Simona was one of our best today. Line break, 145 meters, try assist, line break assist, 4 tackle busts, no missed tackles and was always backing up sniffing for a try (could have scored the one Brooks did at the end). He's slowly building into some very good form.
Last edited by pacman on Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:27 pm

southerntiger wrote:Really? One mistake but otherwise close to our best making try saver aftet try saver but lets drop him?

Rowdy may deserve on other performances but on todays he would be close to first picked.

Lovett is the one who will be lucky to survive the cut. His non-effort on Peats was so bad it looked like he had money on the Eels.

Funny I thought it was Lawrence who failed to move left that let Peats in, with Tedsco over reading the play and running on past!
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:30 pm

sheer64 wrote:
southerntiger wrote:Really? One mistake but otherwise close to our best making try saver aftet try saver but lets drop him?

Funny I thought it was Lawrence who failed to move left that let Peats in, with Tedsco over reading the play and running on past!
No. Left was Lovetts side. Lawrence was right side marker and had to come left to try and save the try after Lovett decided it was time to nap.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:34 pm

Lawrence stuffed up one play the ball and everyone wants him dropped again...geez,he ran the ball hard,defended very well,set up Kev for a try and played one of his better games for awhile today...he may be getting his confidence back,everyone says Brooks and Moses need time to find their feet,their only young and inexperience,Rowdy needed time to get his confidence back ....give him a little time,he was one of our best in times gone by....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:39 pm

southerntiger wrote:
sheer64 wrote:

No. Left was Lovetts side. Lawrence was right side marker and had to come left to try and save the try after Lovett decided it was time to nap.

agree to disagree

Otherwise Lawrence had a much better game today.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!