Re: CHRIS LAWRENCE MUST BE DROPPED!

Post by happy tiger » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:40 pm

Rowdy's defence was pretty good today

Eels were awful though

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:46 pm

happy tiger wrote:Rowdy's defence was pretty good today

Eels were awful though
this has been the running theme for the past few weeks... I think our ability to build pressure and keep it on, is testing the mettle of opponents who expect us to buckle first.

LCA

Post by LCA » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:50 pm

TrueTiger wrote:Lawrence stuffed up one play the ball and everyone wants him dropped again...geez,he ran the ball hard,defended very well,set up Kev for a try and played one of his better games for awhile today...he may be getting his confidence back,everyone says Brooks and Moses need time to find their feet,their only young and inexperience,Rowdy needed time to get his confidence back ....give him a little time,he was one of our best in times gone by....
That pass for Kev's try was mis-timed and put him under more pressure than he should have been! How many more chances do you want to give this bloke?

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 7:09 pm

LCA wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:Lawrence stuffed up one play the ball and everyone wants him dropped again...geez,he ran the ball hard,defended very well,set up Kev for a try and played one of his better games for awhile today...he may be getting his confidence back,everyone says Brooks and Moses need time to find their feet,their only young and inexperience,Rowdy needed time to get his confidence back ....give him a little time,he was one of our best in times gone by....
Probably most us don't believe in dropping blokes that have had a good game

That pass for Kev's try was mis-timed and put him under more pressure than he should have been! How many more chances do you want to give this bloke?
Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 7:43 pm

Lawrence was average at best, so Id consider that a great game by his standards. He should go to the bench when Nofo returns.
This is shaping up to be Rowdy's last year in the NRL. He knows his days are numbered. Super League awaits.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 7:43 pm

Lovett clearly left early at marker for Peats try. Lawrence almost saved it.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 7:48 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Moses is the one in my eyes thats the worry. Struggling in attack, and hasn't kicked on from the form he showed last yr. Not sure what the answer is though as there really aren't many other options, so you have to persist with him.
Agree. Can't drop Rowdy on anything specific so far this season. Moses on the other hand is offering nothing in attack. Throws his body in defence but we need more from a playmaker.

batboy

Post by batboy » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 8:04 pm

Obviously whatever I'm on pales in comparison to your gear...
Pm your suppliers number!!
pacman wrote:
batboy wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:
batboy wrote:On the reverse, anyone see SKD's game in a god awful side yesterday....
He could replace both our centres at the same time.
If I see simona with another "I don't want it tip onto Richards" again I'm going to vomit!!

Put wingers on the wing and find us some god damn centres FFS!!
Simona had 3 try assists before this game, more than teddy and one less than brooks.

How do you think Richards became our top try scorer?

That'd be Simonas only stat worthy of note.. I'd like to see that "try assist" stat stacked up against all the other starting centres in the game. A last pass is a try assist...
What are you on? Simona was one of our best today. Line break, 145 meters, try assist, line break assist, 4 tackle busts, no missed tackles and was always backing up sniffing for a try (could have scored the one Brooks did at the end). He's slowly building into some very good form.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 8:07 pm

Rowdy wasn't too bad today, he's playing more like a 2nd rower though rather than a centre. Defensively he's been pretty good.

littletiger

Post by littletiger » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 8:12 pm

Stats suggest the backs stood up today.. probably one second rower and one halve letting us down atm.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 8:13 pm

Thought he had a decent game, can't complain. Defence was strong, he hit a few forwards really hard.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 8:20 pm

Lol batboy.... whatever gear your on is well strong enough.

Simona has been doing fine, he dominated the bomb recievers on his side of the field all game, and Phyre's stats are on the money... Hell that wasnt the first time he has shadowed a try scorer and been unselfish this season.

We are working out some kinks in unlocking the skills of our halves, when we do, Simona is more than capable of taking full advantage.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 9:35 pm

He runs like a prop. On a wet track he can get away with it. On dry tracks people will make him look very ordinary. If we play him in the back row or prop i would have no problems with his game. As it is he is as slow as a wet week.

Missed a horrible tackle to let in our only try and made a embarassing error in the play the ball.

He is trying but honestly the guy is a plodder. Jut marking time before we find someone with an ounce of ability in the position.

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 9:44 pm

I think the 2nd row is calling rowdy just hope once he gets there he can make the transition ala Luke Lewis

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 10:04 pm

larrycorowa wrote:Lovett clearly left early at marker for Peats try. Lawrence almost saved it.
Exactly, Lovett (or any marker for that matter) should stay on the inside shoulder of the DH. He put his hand up and will learn from it though.

Wrong day to be singling out Lawrence.

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 10:30 pm

Yep, wrong day to be singling out Lawrence, indeed. Just watch them go to town when he does have a bad game, though.

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 10:31 pm

I'm all for a bit of CL bashing but he's played his best game in 18 months and this thread appears? Really? Get a grip!!!

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

coopy

Post by coopy » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 10:42 pm

I agree with the majority of posters here. Chris had a great game especially defensively. He stopped Will Hopoate one-on-one but was also instrumental in assisting Naqiama in the first half with another try saver.

In terms of attack he look SO much better coming in on the angle rather than always trying to hit a hole and bash his way to through the defence. I thought he may have passed too early in Naqiama's try but he had little option as the cover was coming across quickly.

The interesting (worrying) part is that Teddy is the one who gives him decent service after he creates space with his speed. The halves and centres in both sides haven't gelled yet.