CHRIS LAWRENCE MUST BE DROPPED!

PYMBLEPETE

Re: CHRIS LAWRENCE MUST BE DROPPED!

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 10:49 pm

Lawrence did Ok today, but how can you forgive yet another failure to play the ball correctly?? This is Under 7s stuff, but we seem to see it so often from this guy. What odds he runs over the sideline next week, one of his other specialities?? He may well make a go of backrow but I would have thought Nofo would be better than him in his current position.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 12:36 am

Wow, I'm actually really happy with how he's going this season. I like his "inside centre" role and think the way he is playing is just what the team needs for balance.

IMO he has been really valuable as a very solid, reliable centre. The backs in general are great at giving the forwards some respite but I think Lawrence is like having another second rower hit it up.

The side has enough flash and needs a few guys like him.

And anyway, I like him so he stays!

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 6:52 am

Ed Reschs wrote:Why are we complaining. We are playing wozza ball. jt is a student of warren Ryan and we are playing that. We should really be 4 from 5 and had chances v Souths. It's a new era, it's back to the 90's

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Yep, we have been playing Wazzaball since round 1. In a few more rounds, we will be calling for the whole backline to be dropped because....well....they are not doing anything other than tackle.

It's awesome, we have a competitive pack and just need to keep going through the middle.

Justo

Post by Justo » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 6:57 am

I think he's been a lot better this year. Defensively fantastic. But that play the ball yesterday. Shocking. He knew that though. And guess what, people do make mistakes.

Mighty Tiger

Post by Mighty Tiger » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 7:34 am

If he didn't make the same play the ball mistake late in games then I think most would be ok with how he has been playing.

His tackling has been very solid and marked improvement on previous years and he isn't getting quality ball.

My concern is that if he is going to move to the forwards and is already appearing to struggle mentally/physically late in games (soft mistakes) then how will he be success in the middle of the park.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 8:28 am

This thread is completely whacked.

Chris had a whale of a game....several one on one try savers and always looked dangerous running some nice swervy angles and gave some great balls inside and out to the hair.

And peeps are bagging him......geez its bizarre!

Best game Rowdy has had by far this year.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 8:28 am

That was his best game in over three years IMO.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 8:54 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:That was his best game in over three years IMO.
Agreed, he actually looked agile and even stepped and passed well.

Ive only seen him hit it up like a forward for years, but he looked like a top centre yesterday!

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 9:02 am

Apart from that error I thought Chris played well.

Bones

Post by Bones » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 9:05 am

simonthetiger wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:That was his best game in over three years IMO.
Agreed, he actually looked agile and even stepped and passed well.

Ive only seen him hit it up like a forward for years, but he looked like a top centre yesterday!
I saw the same from where i was sitting.

I couple of time he beat players with a step and accelerated through a half gap, he looked more dangerous than he has for a long time. His defense was outstanding too. For what its worth i think both the Big League and NRL twitter accounts posted about how good his defense was.

I always find it funny how once people have an opinion it cant be changed. Lawrence was horrible last year but has been solid this year and dare i say he is improving every week.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 9:09 am

I actually thought he was very solid apart from his one dropped ball and he didn't adjust his defence quick enough when Nathan Peats went over from dummy half for Parra's Try .

Was solid in his hits and took the ball up nice and strong , but he is no way in Hell a Centre .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 9:23 am

Bones wrote:
I always find it funny how once people have an opinion it cant be changed. Lawrence was horrible last year but has been solid this year and dare i say he is improving every week.
The opinions are strange,but more importantly he does look to be getting his game back which is brilliant for us.

I had nearly given up,but if he keeps this up thats just tops for us!

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 9:36 am

Crazy... Had a brilliant game yesterday and started to look dangerous. His defence was solid, and made Parra switch sides in attack.

In our Top 5 yesterday... Some of you simply dont get how tough playing centre is in todays NRL!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 9:38 am

foreveratiger wrote:I actually thought he was very solid apart from his one dropped ball and he didn't adjust his defence quick enough when Nathan Peats went over from dummy half for Parra's Try .

Was solid in his hits and took the ball up nice and strong , but he is no way in Hell a Centre .
possibly couldve been quicker to adjust, but it was 100% Kyles error
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 9:56 am

simonthetiger wrote:
Bones wrote:
The opinions are strange,but more importantly he does look to be getting his game back which is brilliant for us.

I had nearly given up,but if he keeps this up thats just tops for us!
Yeah he has definitely improved on last season, as have a few others (e.g. Galloway, Simona). He is hitting the lines much more strongly and often looks likely to make a break and his defense on the goal line is solid. My only concern is that he still seems to struggle with changes of direction in open play, especially defensively. He was awfully slow and awkward in trying to jump on that loose ball yesterday.

Still, it's looking quite positive, I've certainly changed my opinion now, as I'd given up hope of him ever improving also, Simon. He doesn't seem to be quite as much of a liability (if that's a good word to use :lol: ) as he was in previous seasons.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 10:05 am

Lawrence is having a pretty good year.

He was terrific yesterday. Made a load of important tackles and is performing a role in attack.

I thought the thread title was tongue in cheek....

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 10:10 am

Flippedy wrote: Yeah he has definitely improved on last season, as have a few others (e.g. Galloway, Simona).
Yeah good call,im pumped about Simona and Galloway.

Sauce is killing it,a real presence in both attack and defense and Simona has been getting better each game,his defense is bang on and his touches to Pattycake have been top shelf!

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 11:10 am

Lawrence had a decent game, for a back rower! Do people understand that the role of a centre isn't to cart the ball up strongly? That's a bonus but hardly a requirement. Everything that has been said about his good games are reflective of a good game for a backrower!

Usually when a centre has a good game not only do they defend well but they make a couple of breaks, score tries or get try assists. Chris hasn't scored, set up a try or even made a break for a long, long time. How can we score if our backs play like props/backrowers?

Lawrence to replace Lovett in the back row. And back to play in the backs.