Moses

GNR4LIFE

Moses

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:00 pm

Imo, he's struggling big time. Hasn't gone on with any of the potential he showed last yr so far. The club has gone all in on Brooks and Moses, they don't really have much to fall back on. There's the kid in NYC, but he's even less experienced than Moses. Moses might be a great player some day, but he's still too green for first grade imo.

Thoughts?

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:06 pm

Been saying it for weeks.

He would only hold his place as a fill in fullback on current form.

Akauola would be a better choice, as crazy as that sounds.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:07 pm

His stats from league live read ....
3 runs for 8 meters and 19 tackles .
His defence is good but he needs to back himself with the ball in hand IMO .

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:07 pm

I think the problem with him, and Brooks as well, is they are playing to a structure they are uncomfortable with.
More noticable with Moses.
After looking at our woeful attack today I'd be letting them play what's in front of them.

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:09 pm

I saw Jack Bird yesterday and I saw potential. I watch Moses and I see a reserve grader who is being carried by the team every week. Tedesco Yes I see something and Brooks yes I see something but Moses I see nothing. Happy to be proved wrong but I just don't see what all the fuss is about so far.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:12 pm

GNR,I'm with you,I don't think he is ready for NRL yet,I don't care how much people bag me but the hype around him and Brooks really is looking dull at the moment..

They very well may be potential stars of the future and I think they are a long way off,for both of them to have the huge reputations of being great play makers certainly isn't showing me that much...

When we win a game and our winger Patty Richards creates opportunities for us to score points..then where are our creative playmakers..,not to be seen,only in the try celebrations..

Iam glad we won the game and there was a good battle in the forwards,but when we had opportunities to score,our last play, and final play setups were pretty ordinary..these need to be worked on or we will be in the lower part of the ladder come the final rounds,the stronger combinations will cut us up...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:13 pm

cktiger wrote:I think the problem with him, and Brooks as well, is they are playing to a structure they are uncomfortable with.
After looking at our woeful attack today I'd be letting them play what's in front of them.
Back to the Razzle Dazzle style ?

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

LCA

Post by LCA » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:13 pm

I think at this stage we can afford one of Brooks and Moses in the top grade at the same time, but not both. To be brutally honest, I've never understood the reputation Moses has.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:13 pm

The upside potential is huge....we have to stick with him. I think you will find they are still adjusting to Taylor's attacking structure. He is handling the workload in defence much better than last year with teams targeting him.

It won't be long, he is on a steep upward learning curve. He won't learn anything in NSW Cup, he proved he was a class above them last year. He gets a bit excitable and makes mistakes. Other than that he was ok today.

You could have a shot at most of the team for a lack of attacking flair. We are very reliant on Teddy out the back and teams are now reading this play. Sirro looks our main attacking threat. Overall, we didn't create much space for the outside backs today. Why? Good Parra D? No direct enough?

The upside is we are 3 & 2 (should be 4 & 1( with a bunch of rookies who haven't hit their straps yet.

krissy

Post by krissy » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:13 pm

I don't think he is quite ready for first grade at the moment.
I am sure he will make a great first grade tiger but not just yet. At times I think he just looks flustered and makes silly choices.
He has potential but he needs to mature more as a player before he can show his true ability.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:18 pm

He is struggling in attack. Everyone is really, but in particular Moses and Brooks.

The fact he is defending so well tells me to persevere with him. He just needs to keep it simple for a while I think.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:18 pm

Have to agree ,Moses has not shown us anything to suggest that he is a first grader just yet.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:19 pm

king sirro wrote:He is struggling in attack. Everyone is really, but in particular Moses and Brooks.

The fact he is defending so well tells me to persevere with him. He just needs to keep it simple for a while I think.
There's no else to take his place so JT really hasn't got a choice. People suggest Drinkwater, but he's a halfback, not a 5/8.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:21 pm

cktiger wrote:I think the problem with him, and Brooks as well, is they are playing to a structure they are uncomfortable with.
I totally agree CK.. well said.

Though i think its a case of Taylor trying to break down the whole team, find a consistent baseline to work from, which it appears we have almost got down at present before unleashing them. It will take more than a few games for them to have blind faith that runners will be where they should be, so they can assess the line before committing to the structure if necessary.

We have to be more patient. We are winning games, and havent been out of the contest when we have lost either. All in all we are tracking well enough to allow them the grace to come good. This is a long term investment.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:24 pm

His kicking is where his issues are glaring the most imo. Farah needs to stand up and take some ownership in attack, and kicking on the last, cos Moses isn't up to it atm, and it can't all be left to Brooks.

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:27 pm

I thought Moses was ok in defence. But both Moses and Brooks were average in attack.

Having said that the whole team looked lack lustre today. Maybe playing Souths the Dogs they were primed for a big match but today they looked very pedestrian.

Cosimo_Zaretti

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:28 pm

It's not so long ago there were similar threads about Curtis Sironen, now he looks dangerous every time he gets the ball. I hope it's just a matter of game time for Moses. He looks a bit lost at the moment.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 6:29 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:His kicking is where his issues are glaring the most imo. Farah needs to stand up and take some ownership in attack, and kicking on the last, cos Moses isn't up to it atm, and it can't all be left to Brooks.
The thing is I've seen Moses kick better than Brooks and Farah put together. Albeit in the lower grades, but still, he has the kicking ability to be our main general play kicker, so I'm not sure what's going on at the moment. He's not in the zone I think and has lost that mojo. Simple plays and right decisions will bring it back.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS