Moses

happy tiger

Re: Moses

Post by happy tiger » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 10:37 am

Geo. wrote:I take it this is the Moses is a liability thread?
Yep we have 3 liabilities at the moment according to some

Last year we had about 13 :lol:

Something seems to be going right ;)

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 11:11 am

Mccarry wrote:I am not going to read this whole thread so sorry if someone else has already said this.

There was a bigger thread two years ago for Teddy. It happened when he basically did nothing special in his first four months of football (besides the occasional glimpse)

The thread said: move him to the wing, put X into fullback. Move him to the centres put Y in. Give untested Z from lower grade a go. Teddy came good in the last 6 games or so. What's more now look at him...

Guys, Teddy was very ordinary for months. It is more common than not that it takes time to come on. Think bigger picture. He has the talent and the mindset. It will come.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
not to mention the halves is FAR more difficult to play consisently in than fullback as a young player.

look at barba, milford hell even lockyer didnt dominate in the halves when he moved there.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 11:13 am

If it's true that JT is holding back Moses and to a lesser extent Brooks and making them learn more structure then I'm happy with this .
Can't wait until the shackles are released !

EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 11:24 am

We should def change our name to the Wests Liabilities!!

All grey outfits,training gear with hoods and we will look like monks!!

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 11:25 am

And re Moses,he has been dissapointing with ball in hand......he has had about 10 first grade games.

But how about his defense?

For a slender kid he hits hard and often!

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 11:52 am

Tony33 wrote:second year syndrome for both ?

or could it be that there still trying to adapt to a new structure ?

I watched these kids work there way up through the junior grades and they are so so so soooo much better then what they are showing.

They have always been great defenders who aren't afraid to put their bodies on the line and thats now showing. But they were always great kickers, always knew when to kick and what kick to place which is why those midfield bombs are so mystifying. They always took the line on and they were just freaks, a class above everyone else in whatever age group they played. It was honestly like seeing Stuart and Daley run around.

Interestingly, everyone always said that Moses was the better of the two. He was also a freak goal kicker, I once saw him pluck 8/8 all from the sideline.

Surely it has to be the structures there being forced to play in. Once the shackles are released and they feel more comfortable in the top grade I guarantee you we will have the best halves pairing in the competition. Might be 12 months away though, but If they fulfil on their promise I'm willing to wait..
Yes but people aren't patient.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 11:59 am

I am patient and agree with everything Tony33 has said.

They were both freaks in the lowers, and Moses boot was hella long.

And both took on the line and often.

Obviously this must be part of Jt's plan......grind out in the forwards and attack.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 12:08 pm

tsjonathan wrote:
Tony33 wrote:second year syndrome for both ?

or could it be that there still trying to adapt to a new structure ?

I watched these kids work there way up through the junior grades and they are so so so soooo much better then what they are showing.

They have always been great defenders who aren't afraid to put their bodies on the line and thats now showing. But they were always great kickers, always knew when to kick and what kick to place which is why those midfield bombs are so mystifying. They always took the line on and they were just freaks, a class above everyone else in whatever age group they played. It was honestly like seeing Stuart and Daley run around.

Interestingly, everyone always said that Moses was the better of the two. He was also a freak goal kicker, I once saw him pluck 8/8 all from the sideline.

Surely it has to be the structures there being forced to play in. Once the shackles are released and they feel more comfortable in the top grade I guarantee you we will have the best halves pairing in the competition. Might be 12 months away though, but If they fulfil on their promise I'm willing to wait..
When you are so young in first grade you must abide by whatever the coach structures. That's what Brooks and Moses are doing and it seems that the team is benefitting. I have say are forming a better backline than the one which Benji created with his sideways running in his last year with WT.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 12:44 pm

Moses to have a blinder against the Warriors.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 12:55 pm

He threw two balls yesterday that were just off and Pattacake had to go back and retrieve.

If they had been on he would have scored twice.

Just sayin....so close.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 1:02 pm

simonthetiger wrote:He threw two balls yesterday that were just off and Pattacake had to go back and retrieve.

Just sayin....so close.
Pat had a great game but when I watched it again I thought he might have over run those two balls.

The Tooth

Post by The Tooth » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 1:07 pm

I've been super impressed by his defense and as with the whole team this is there priority. Its been disappointing that we haven't seen anything flashy from Moses this year but if keeps making his tackles, I'll be patient with him because you don't just lose the abilities with the ball in hand that he obviously has.

Much prefer a half that holds his own in defense and most likely holding back on the flashy risky plays then, well...Benji ala 2013

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 1:15 pm

cktiger wrote:
simonthetiger wrote:He threw two balls yesterday that were just off and Pattacake had to go back and retrieve.

Just sayin....so close.
Pat had a great game but when I watched it again I thought he might have over run those two balls.
Yep - love Pat but felt the same. Not taking away from his game yesterday either - he has a tendency to do remarkable things in significant games.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 2:08 pm

Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:It's not so long ago there were similar threads about Curtis Sironen, now he looks dangerous every time he gets the ball. I hope it's just a matter of game time for Moses. He looks a bit lost at the moment.
Wasn't so long ago people were comparing Jake Mullaney with James Tedesco

Mccarry

Post by Mccarry » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 3:35 pm

If you were coaching young guys that have just come into grade you would know the following:

It will be a long season
Their bodies will struggle to hold up
There is lots of pressure on them

So with that in mind what other smart decision can you make as the coach other than keep it simple, limit their risk taking and build game plans than do not depend upon them winning the game.

Get the team winning first and they can build on the back of it.

Silly thread. Fans prefer change for change sake rather than earning a winning team.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 3:47 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Imo, he's struggling big time. Hasn't gone on with any of the potential he showed last yr so far. The club has gone all in on Brooks and Moses, they don't really have much to fall back on. There's the kid in NYC, but he's even less experienced than Moses. Moses might be a great player some day, but he's still too green for first grade imo.

Thoughts?
yes you are right - he's still too green for first grade -

that's why

he has to remain in the first grade

we need to change his color

very good point Axel
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 4:16 pm

simonthetiger wrote:And re Moses,he has been dissapointing with ball in hand......he has had about 10 first grade games.

If defence is the best thing that a 5/8 Has going he's either still green or struggling. Anasta was a great defender, yet people still wanted to lynch him. A 5/8 needs more than defence to hang his hat on

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 4:51 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
simonthetiger wrote:And re Moses,he has been dissapointing with ball in hand......he has had about 10 first grade games.

If defence is the best thing that a 5/8 Has going he's either still green or struggling. Anasta was a great defender, yet people still wanted to lynch him. A 5/8 needs more than defence to hang his hat on
There is no doubt he is still green and learning the rigors of 1st grade and yes he needs more than just defence to hang his hat on. But he has improved a lot with defence since last year, so I am sure the attack will come, he just needs time.

Even seasoned players like Lawrence who has had no attacking ability for a couple of years now are still given time in the hope they improve, Moses needs the same grace.