Moses

larrycorowa

Re: Moses

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 8:12 pm

well, i don't think he is going to get dropped anytime soon....we should be 4 & 1 and haven't played anywhere near our potential.

haberfield tiger

Post by haberfield tiger » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 8:15 pm

I thought he was solid today without being outstanding. His bombs in the second half were great didn't give any cheap field postion away. I would say I am more excited about moses than brooks he has it all just light on the kilos. No way he should be dropped it will kill him.. I suspect JT has him playing to a specific way that is containing him. Cant wait till he takes the shackles off him, we might have to wait till nxt year but this guy has the full tool kit...

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 8:18 pm

He's still a light-weight, not big enough to break tackles. He needs to take the line on more, but he does get decked a lot and has copped up the ball a few times from being outmuscled in tackles.

In defence I am pretty happy, he makes decent contact and doesn't get pushed off much defending his own line. He's had plenty of big units directly at him all year.

If that amount of improvement is possible since his defence in 2014, then I don't see why his attack can't also come on given some more time.

Benji was the opposite - dynamite in attack and never any good in defence.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 8:20 pm

Well if they move to 6 interchanges next year he's going to be a danger.

rex2ce

Post by rex2ce » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 8:22 pm

I'm sure that Moses and Brooks are playing to strict instructions from JT, is it working, sure is, 3 from 5, could easily have been 5 from 5, no disgraceful performances like the team dished up at the end of last season, I for one am prepared to wait for the performances to improve, that will be exciting!

alex

Post by alex » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 8:24 pm

Pretty much all his kicks today were taken on the full or one bounce. Not good enough.

His passing has also been a huge issue both last year and this season. Last year he had Benji-itis, throwing it over the sideline too often. He also struggles with soft hands. A lot of the time he'll rocket a ball to someone where he really just needs to drift it to them.

And one thing I've seen far too often that is really concerning is he is just way too reluctant to get tackled. He will get rid of the ball at all costs.

He's a liability at the moment. Give Drinkwater a crack.

Stlukesnorth

Post by Stlukesnorth » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 8:31 pm

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 9:07 pm

Spoke to a couple of players (one that has been lauded by most of late, the other again being lambasted by plenty on here) and a staff member today.

Get off the Mitchell's back, he is playing to a set structure and doing what he is told and when to do it. As stated on here, I would rather the shackles on our halves were loosened, but will be a while before they are allowed any substantial decision making, so quit the b**** and support them.

Was good to see Taylor finally letting Brooks run on the left late in the game instead of the usual bomb on the last. It was frustrating me no end seeing a two man overlap going to waste earlier in the match.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 9:14 pm

formerguest wrote:Spoke to a couple of players (one that has been lauded by most of late, the other again being lambasted by plenty on here) and a staff member today.

Get off the Mitchell's back, he is playing to a set structure and doing what he is told and when to do it. As stated on here, I would rather the shackles on our halves were loosened, but will be a while before they are allowed any substantial decision making, so quit the [automatically edited] and support them.

Was good to see Taylor finally letting Brooks run on the left late in the game instead of the usual bomb on the last. It was frustrating me no end seeing a two man overlap going to waste earlier in the match.
Get a grip, no ones bashing the guy. There's noting that's being said here that isn't constructive.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 9:15 pm

formerguest wrote:Spoke to a couple of players

will be a while before they are allowed any substantial decision making.
Ok, fun times.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 9:32 pm

Moses looks a little out of his depth at times. Outside of the majestic performance last year against the Dogs we has not given us much at all in attack.

However you got to be proud of him he way he is defending. He looks like he could be a genuine turn style.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 9:41 pm

TigerWoods wrote:Yep, Moses needs another stint in reggies. Bring in Drinkwater
LOL Moses killed it in Reserve grade. You want him to regress in his development?

I've watche Cornish, Elgy, Bird, MIlford...They ALL took time. I actually thought Moses was much more involved today. You need to remember this season and even perhaps next season is rebuilding.

Do you all remember 2 years ago so many forumers were doubting Tedesco's ability?

Moses was SG Ball player of the year in 2012, lead Balmain to the premiership. PLayed schoolbiys in the same side as Brooksy, Dylan Walker, (that other gun souths winger) and Lodge. How can so many slectors pick Moses in all these rep teams when he doesn;t have the talent? He guided the NSW team last year superbly.

There was another thread about Lichhaa not being NRL standard as well if I remember correctly?

How does Sterlo and other league greats rate this kid but the people here don't? I think the work patience and Moses will be repeated every week this year.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 9:44 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:
formerguest wrote:Spoke to a couple of players

will be a while before they are allowed any substantial decision making.
Ok, fun times.

Sounds right. The boys are getting integrated into the system and first grade. We are so luck to have these kids and even Te Maire, which I hope we keep.

littletiger

Post by littletiger » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 9:44 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:
littletiger wrote:How would Marin go?he runs at the line, tackle and kick... if we lost today pressure would of been on Moses I think.

Martin isnt ready and would need a whole off season to get the mistakes are ok so lets push it style they play in 20's out of him or he would cost us as many as he wins.

Great young prospect though. Its like someone said lets cross Matty Bowen with Jonathan Thurston.
Yeh good point mate.

wow that's a massive rap.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 9:50 pm

littletiger wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:
littletiger wrote:How would Marin go?he runs at the line, tackle and kick... if we lost today pressure would of been on Moses I think.

Martin isnt ready and would need a whole off season to get the mistakes are ok so lets push it style they play in 20's out of him or he would cost us as many as he wins.

Great young prospect though. Its like someone said lets cross Matty Bowen with Jonathan Thurston.
Yeh good point mate.

wow that's a massive rap.
Love the kid. Threw a silly intercept pass today and needs to work on his defence. Next year perhaps he can start from the bench simialr to how Milford began for the Raiders.

But what does irk me is forumers wanting Drinkwater to replace Brooks/Moses. Drinkwater may win us a few games here and there but in the long term the club will be in a much better position with the experience afforded to the kids in first grade as their ceiling for growth could be anything.

LaT

Post by LaT » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 9:56 pm

If Moses is being told to do things to ingrain certain fundamentals before being let off the chain, then thats fine IMO. As long as Taylor and his team are getting what they want from him, us fans will just have to deal with the frustration for the time being.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 9:58 pm

Mind you I wasn't a big fan of what RIcky did with Cornish, Not sure what you guys think.

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 10:07 pm

I only ever drank the Moses cool aid if he made brooks better.

He's not doing that.

Bye bye Moses.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0