Moses

tsjonathan

Re: Moses

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 10:12 pm

tigerbalm wrote:I only ever drank the Moses cool aid if he made brooks better.

He's not doing that.

Bye bye Moses.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
What do you expect a 20 year five eighth in his 13th first grade game to be doing? And what 20 year olds can you name that have reached your level of expectations?

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 10:24 pm

tsjonathan wrote:

He's not doing that.

Bye bye Moses.

What do you expect a 20 year five eighth in his 13th first grade game to be doing? And what 20 year olds can you name that have reached your level of expectations?
Seems to have polarised people just like Sirro did. I agree with you - but dont think you are going to convince the non believers until they see it with their own eyes. Good luck trying though.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 10:48 pm

Moses and Brooks imo are being reined in by the coach and game plan he's bringing them into the fray slowly, it's obvious to me now after todays game that this is deliberate, they are on tight leaches that will slowly be wound out as their confidence grows and the way Taylor is planning on growing their confidence is by having the team give themselves every chance of winning by simplifying the game we play. Taylor realises it's gonna be a long tough season for both of them and he's making life as easy as he can on them in giving them a simple plan to follow so they can find their feet. I'm sure they'll get let off the leash a little at some stage, but i can image the errors if they were playing off the cuff footy now especially with Tedesco linking up, i'm sure we would of seen a few flash tries by now but im also sure we'd see plenty of turnovers putting the team under unnecessary pressure which is what you don't want early in the season.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 10:56 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:
larrycorowa wrote:please....Anasta

Yes its true mate, Moses is doing less than what Anasta was doing.

I get everyone likes the guy and expects big things. I do too but come on judge him on his current form.
agreed, its no coincidence people think brooks has gone backwards from the start of last year. our win loss with and without anasta said it all, as did farah and potter EXTREMELY directly. they praised him strongly on footy shows during the week (NRL 360, sterlo etc.)

they need a year or two to both get used to the defensive workload and still have the energy to direct a team around and direct attack close to the line. its not easy when youve only got robbie there trying to help out a bit.

does anyone think they should give a little bit more control to farah? i think theyve gone a TOUCH too far in reigning him in. its a good idea, because he was often too dominant but with the youth we have we could use a tiny bit more leadership from him.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 11:00 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:
larrycorowa wrote:please....Anasta

Yes its true mate, Moses is doing less than what Anasta was doing.

I get everyone likes the guy and expects big things. I do too but come on judge him on his current form.
agreed, its no coincidence people think brooks has gone backwards from the start of last year. our win loss with and without anasta said it all, as did farah and potter EXTREMELY directly. they praised him strongly on footy shows during the week (NRL 360, sterlo etc.)

they need a year or two to both get used to the workload and still have the energy to direct a team around and direct attack close to the line. its not easy when youve only got robbie there trying to help out a bit.

does anyone think they should give a little bit more control to farah? i think theyve gone a TOUCH too far in reigning him in. its a good idea, because he was often too dominant but with the youth we have we could use a tiny bit more leadership from him.
They can't hand it back now pHyR3 , the boys would lose all confidence

Farah wants them to step up , he knows they can't win a premiership relying on him

Be patient and let things happen

Rome wasn't built in a day

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 11:52 pm

tsjonathan wrote:

He's not doing that.

Bye bye Moses.

Judging by the amount of responses you've made I'd suggest you are handing out the kool aid.

That's cool, and I get it. I'd hazard a guess you are either somehow close to the kid or have spent an large amount of time watching reserves in which he carved up.

News flash!

Resi's is full of great kids that can never kick on in the big show. Brooks, to me, shows something that can't be taught. I can see and understand the hype. Moses, seems like our 2015...what's his name? You know, the kid that was gunna be awesome?

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 11:58 pm

he'll come good, give him time.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 11:58 pm

Patience patience patience patience patience patience patience... :blah
It does seem at the moment the side is playing like automatons (how uninspiring was the first 65 minutes today?!) to a very rigid game plan; and schedule of individual progression.

Whilst I was harsh on Moses to start with (thought "mossies" aptly described his defence on the big guys!), if what we are seeing is Taylor's vision being carried out I am happy to carry a kid (subjective viewpoint on if they're carrying him) better judges than I have belief in if its all going to plan.

Maybe everyone is doing their job exactly as asked and the result today is a good indicator the machine is being tuned as it should be at this stage?

Anyway, they won today so I don't care! :lol:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 12:11 am

I take it this is the Moses is a liability thread?
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 12:24 am

Not from me Geo. (this time! :lol: ).

What I was saying was that maybe he is coming along just as he should be, as well as the shaping of the team.

littletiger

Post by littletiger » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 6:46 am

I don't understand the divine plan theory for Moses... He still made a few mistakes today first half missed pass to Richards, drop ball and silly pass to no-one. Still no try assist his struggling in attack how can that be part of the plan.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 7:06 am

I agree with 'TIGER' above. I'm happy to remain patient, especially given most on the forum had this season written off before it started.
"Quality Stupidity"

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 7:11 am

innsaneink wrote:Our completion rate has improved over the last three weeks, maybe thats our focus atm
At this stage of the season, get defence right and completions up - in reality, that is all you need to be competitive right now.

We have enough attacking impetus from Tedesco, Simona and Richards for now. The halves need to fire in the final third of the season.

Mccarry

Post by Mccarry » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 7:12 am

I am not going to read this whole thread so sorry if someone else has already said this.

There was a bigger thread two years ago for Teddy. It happened when he basically did nothing special in his first four months of football (besides the occasional glimpse)

The thread said: move him to the wing, put X into fullback. Move him to the centres put Y in. Give untested Z from lower grade a go. Teddy came good in the last 6 games or so. What's more now look at him...

Guys, Teddy was very ordinary for months. It is more common than not that it takes time to come on. Think bigger picture. He has the talent and the mindset. It will come.

Mccarry

Post by Mccarry » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 7:16 am

Mccarry wrote:I am not going to read this whole thread so sorry if someone else has already said this.

There was a bigger thread two years ago for Teddy. It happened when he basically did nothing special in his first four months of football (besides the occasional glimpse)

The thread said: move him to the wing, put X into fullback. Move him to the centres put Y in. Give untested Z from lower grade a go. Teddy came good in the last 6 games or so. What's more now look at him...

Guys, Teddy was very ordinary for months. It is more common than not that it takes time to come on. Think bigger picture. He has the talent and the mindset. It will come.

The other upside is 3 years time. If he makes it then it is far more likely that we retain Brooks and Teddy.

Post by 2041 » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 9:55 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:His kicking is where his issues are glaring the most imo. Farah needs to stand up and take some ownership in attack, and kicking on the last, cos Moses isn't up to it atm, and it can't all be left to Brooks.
If he did that, I wonder how long it would be before most of our fans are saying "Farah's taking over again, he needs to play 9 and stop getting in the halves' road." Can't win either way.

Anyway, back to the point. We're all in on Brooks and Moses, and we aren't going to win the comp this year regardless. No reason at all not to keep playing them. If our attack is no better by round 20 or so then we're back to square one for 2016 anyway - it's not as if we're going to put someone else in at 5/8 this season who turns out to be a weapon.

As always: 2015 is about patience.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 10:17 am

As Ink has said in another thread, the focus is on the defence. When the defence is up to scratch the attack will work itself out. Yesterday was the perfect example of this. We frustrated Parra out of the game.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Tony33

Post by Tony33 » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 10:36 am

second year syndrome for both ?

or could it be that there still trying to adapt to a new structure ?

I watched these kids work there way up through the junior grades and they are so so so soooo much better then what they are showing.

They have always been great defenders who aren't afraid to put their bodies on the line and thats now showing. But they were always great kickers, always knew when to kick and what kick to place which is why those midfield bombs are so mystifying. They always took the line on and they were just freaks, a class above everyone else in whatever age group they played. It was honestly like seeing Stuart and Daley run around.

Interestingly, everyone always said that Moses was the better of the two. He was also a freak goal kicker, I once saw him pluck 8/8 all from the sideline.

Surely it has to be the structures there being forced to play in. Once the shackles are released and they feel more comfortable in the top grade I guarantee you we will have the best halves pairing in the competition. Might be 12 months away though, but If they fulfil on their promise I'm willing to wait..
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...